Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

2006 fnf has motd "**** you all TL7" and Mastablasta comments start me remember why we has that motd
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

Bad FunCom is bad!
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Cyreidan View Post
    2006 fnf has motd "**** you all TL7" and Mastablasta comments start me remember why we has that motd
    Tough that you didn't lvl but then, HEY! I've been around for 9 years of AO and have seen a million changes turn me gimp, more gimp, overpowered, worthless, strictly needed, gimp, overpowered, weak, exploit heavy, and how much did I cry about the changes? Why, not at all. I only hated on the present situation, if there were any problems with horrible imbalances. Did I cry about not being able to butcher lvl 10s as lvl 200? No. Did I cry about the 40% cap? No. About the 30% cap? No. About LE Nukes all going to be changed away from overpoweredness? No. I take each change and approach it in a new way.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 4th, 2010 at 15:18:46.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Easily said as NT though.... try soldier ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Tough that you didn't lvl but then, HEY! I've been around for 9 years of AO and have seen a million changes turn me gimp, more gimp, overpowered, worthless, strictly needed, gimp, overpowered, weak, exploit heavy, and how much did I cry about the changes? Why, not at all. I only hated on the present situation, if there were any problems with horrible imbalances. Did I cry about not being able to butcher lvl 10s as lvl 200? No. Did I cry about the 40% cap? No. About the 30% cap? No. About LE Nukes all going to be changed away from overpoweredness? No. I take each change and approach it in a new way.
    Its not change but you told you not have tl5 twink so why you talk something you not not have no clue. 220 and NT Professional not make you god

President
    of Fist and Faith

Its not change but you told you not have tl5 twink so why you talk something you not not have no clue. 220 and NT Professional not make you god
    No, he is right in that, no matter the TL, and the profession the game is the same for everyone. And the game has been evolving for the good or bad for some of the professions (not all, like god-mode advy, love child since 3500 BC).

Most people took each change as a challenge, and adapted.

Rememeber biology 101? Adapt or perish. We're on the same boat.

I like this change.
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

New level ranges not change anything TL7 so why who have only TL7 even comment here...

President
    of Fist and Faith

What is it that I have no clue about? That you spent a lot of time making a char for that lvl range? What does it matter? It was time spent and you enjoyed it, else you wouldn't have. Now you get a new challenge, shouldn't you be happy that you get something new to do so you don't sit and stagnate at this place of very few changes?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Easily said as NT though.... try soldier ^^
    Soldier is something like "Everyone else: soldiers are overpowered" "Soldiers: noooo whiiiiine cryyyyy" and it has been like that since day one of AO pvp
    The Red Brotherhood

What is it that I have no clue about? That you spent a lot of time making a char for that lvl range? What does it matter? It was time spent and you enjoyed it, else you wouldn't have. Now you get a new challenge, shouldn't you be happy that you get something new to do so you don't sit and stagnate at this place of very few changes?
    As that kill all TL5 wars I'm love, 200 twinks around and every TL5 war ends TL7 war in end and thats my point why I'm hate that

President
    of Fist and Faith

Soldier is something like "Everyone else: soldiers are overpowered" "Soldiers: noooo whiiiiine cryyyyy" and it has been like that since day one of AO pvp
    We do need love..

we do ok in Noobie-Island though. The issues start when we leave it .

I'm not hate change but I'm hate that will end TL5 wars...

President
    of Fist and Faith

I'm not hate change but I'm hate that will end TL5 wars...
    No no.. TL5 NW PVP ranges won't change. It's just Battlestation.

I was wondering the same as I'm working on a TL5 twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    No no.. TL5 NW PVP ranges won't change. It's just Battlestation.

I was wondering the same as I'm working on a TL5 twink.
    I'm know that but most lvl 200 for BS so every wars a lots level 200 twinks then. Like level 207 mess allready TL5 wars...

But well should roll lvl 159 twink now.
    Last edited by Cyreidan; Sep 4th, 2010 at 15:48:06.

President
    of Fist and Faith

It's funny to see all the people who respond to changes in *one* of the many PvP areas available with "account cancelled".
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

sorry, but tl7 toons always decided tl5 wars.
    that never has been different.

that there will be more 200ish toons now changes nothing for nw at all.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    sorry, but tl7 toons always decided tl5 wars.
    that never has been different.

that there will be more 200ish toons now changes nothing for nw at all.
    I'm sure we'll have new breed of 200 twinks teaming up and killing tl5 NW very soon.

Oh wait it's dead already since a few years due to the ranges being wrong. Oh and tl7 toons got tremendous ammount of new gear over the last few years while tl5's got essentially nothing so it's nothing like it used to be before.

Given how silly 150 vs 200 is the same thing will happen to tl5 BS as well.

In short: This will NOT make me visit BS more often. Sorry.

...and I think it will have a huge negative effect on TL5 range, which up to now have been running quite regularly.
    The difference between a 150 and a 200 player is too much, and ya'all know it. Sadly FC seems to have forgotten, though...

For this to work, some kind of balancing buff will be needed:
    It has to add at least RunSpeed, AttackRating/Defense and of course Nano resist.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    It's funny to see all the people who respond to changes in *one* of the many PvP areas available with "account cancelled".
    Well at tl5 BS does account for almost all pvp so when that area gets fubared ppl won't be happy. The ones who react strongly are probably as many others old timers who just want to have fun with their existing toons. In that case leveling into uselessness for NW to be useful inside BS is a crappy choice they are forcing ppl into. It used to be bad enough when the max tl5 bs level was 174.

Now you'll have to choose between being a "good" tl5 twink level such as 164 and getting a new hole torn inside BS, and do towers, which incidentally never really happen.

Great fun there.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast