Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Soliphus View Post
    Ruining lvl 150-174 twinks will be the worst move Funcom can possibly do, 150-174 is the most active stage for a reason, fix the problem areas instead of screwing up the one area that actually work, all you're going to do is to make every single BS stage insanely imbalanced.
    No it's wrong.

Whatever FC does, vets will just adapt and the smart ones will find holes.

Nothing will ever die in AO's PVP.. everything will just evolve.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 4th, 2010 at 18:42:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    No it's wrong.

Whatever FC does, vets will just adapt and the smart ones will find holes.

Nothing will ever die in AO's PVP.. everything will just evolve.
    qft
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliphus View Post
    If they start making the lvl 190-200 items lvl locked at 201 then the future S7 twinks will suffer hard. FC should just finish S7 and let the S7 twinks fill the 175-200 BS. Leave TL5 BS alone and rather work on making lower lvl BS more fun, like adding a runspeed buff or something.

But there is no doubt that HHAB will ruin TL5 PvP. They could rather make it so that HHAB doesnt work in BS, not de-equipping it and lvl locking it, but just make it so that it doesnt add NR inside the BS.

Ruining lvl 150-174 twinks will be the worst move Funcom can possibly do, 150-174 is the most active stage for a reason, fix the problem areas instead of screwing up the one area that actually work, all you're going to do is to make every single BS stage insanely imbalanced.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think S7 will made 175-200 bs running, actually tl5 bs is populated with few s10 150ish.

If just some items will be locked decently (cause level locking HHAB after 100 player happily weared it isn't fair, Silverback docet), there will not be a so great difference between a 170ish and a 200, not greater than a 150ish and 170ish for sure.

Btw i agree with FC introducing S7 before changing tl5 bs lvl range.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post

I don't think S7 will made 175-200 bs running, actually tl5 bs is populated with few s10 150ish.

If just some items will be locked decently (cause level locking HHAB after 100 player happily weared it isn't fair, Silverback docet), there will not be a so great difference between a 170ish and a 200, not greater than a 150ish and 170ish for sure.

Btw i agree with FC introducing S7 before changing tl5 bs lvl range.
    S7 is making 150-200 more plausible

basically guys, welcome a new level of twinks here... the two-hundreds.

I didn't think of it before..but that opens doors to froobs to shine with us.

this just reminded me subway pvp..

oh! thats was fun! PVMers tried kill each other
    Whooo

First everyone complains that the BS's are not running enough, and when they finally try to make a change, we complain about that too. Its not like they have a lot of options to make up for the lack of population ingame.

Lets just see how it goes before taking their heads off.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Thing many dont seem to grasp here. Is that the new 200 twinks, will completely destroy also Tl5 NW wars. Imagine bunch of lvl 200 agents, enfos and NTs pocketed by 220 docs. Those can kill everything down to 159, turning every tl5 war into tl7 war instead. There are already those Tl5 twink killers, but this will make them lot more common. And the issue isnt about if 170 can kill 200 in this case, but how to deal with the 220 pocket the 200 can have.

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Thing many dont seem to grasp here. Is that the new 200 twinks, will completely destroy also Tl5 NW wars. Imagine bunch of lvl 200 agents, enfos and NTs pocketed by 220 docs. Those can kill everything down to 159, turning every tl5 war into tl7 war instead. There are already those Tl5 twink killers, but this will make them lot more common. And the issue isnt about if 170 can kill 200 in this case, but how to deal with the 220 pocket the 200 can have.
    Absolutely not. BS ranges don't apply to NW ranges..

I will be happy to fight your legion of 200 twinks on my 220 soldier

I think BS ranges should not be overlap titlelevels.

I would prefer this BS levels
    - 150-189 only TL5 stuff
    - 190-214 no dust nanos and armor
    - 215-220 endlevel BS

because of availability of items & nanos.
    :: AOWiki :: AO-Universe :: AO Pocket :: Anarchy Mainframe :: AUNO.org :: Atlas of RK+SL ::

[Tower Battle Outcome] Notum Wars Update: The neutral organization Angels of Rubi-Ka (Gamigo) lost their base in Parnassos.

Absolutely not. BS ranges don't apply to NW ranges..

I will be happy to fight your legion of 200 twinks on my 220 soldier
    Are you blind or since you not get fact that even its BS it will effect NW also.
    Last edited by Cyreidan; Sep 4th, 2010 at 19:55:00.
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Cyreidan View Post
    Are you blind or since you not get fact that even it BS it will effect NW also.
    Just explain to me how BS will affect NW.

I see two answers here:

1. my TL5 will continue to own.
    OK our 207 twinks will continue to be a pain in the ass

2. my new 200 twink will own you all
    don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    This is just dued cause none ever found any reason to twink a 200ish, bring a bunch of tl7 and gank the doc.

S7 is making 150-200 more plausible

basically guys, welcome a new level of twinks here... the two-hundreds.

I didn't think of it before..but that opens doors to froobs to shine with us.
    I like the idea of 150-200 BS, but just if some items, acutally usable by tl6 are reconsidered,
    HH@B first of all.

Else try to figureout the mess, until u gain shadowlevels ur skills aren't so higher in respect
    of a tl5 (my tl5 nt should cast Jobe Double right now with no problem if there
    wasen't a lvl lock), but tl6 got +500 nr.

Try to figureout a 200ish trader with a 200ish nt or enfo, both wearing HH@B?
    u will land a drain once on a newmoon, same for GTH.
    By the otherside nt will pwn ur NR and being able to cast a lot of new nanos, like Jobe Double, will gank
    u in few seconds, if u luckly lands Divest Skills, no problem cause Resonance Blast will warp u to reclaim.
    Enfos(agents too) instead will ninja perk u to reclaim while u wasting ur time trying to drain em.

HH@B itself will mess 150-200BS so badly, that in a few months such bs will be a desolated place, or a place
    filled up with enfos nts agents.

Btw beside HH@B i don't see any other items that should unbalance at tl5 respect of a 200.

No ... don't change HHAB to make some 170 twink happy...no

cause 1st of all they won't care.. they will just adapt.

People with 190+ toons will want to go Pande.. so with that change you are changing PVM as well.

I say.

YES for 150-200 BS.. and remove the level lock on the DShark plox.
    *Droolz*

yep..smart man..smart man.

you know...AO has been all about these kind of tricks in the past.

Silverback remember?
    Caterwaul anyone?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Solved

No ... don't change HHAB to make some 170 twink happy...no

cause 1st of all they won't care.. they will just adapt.

People with 190+ toons will want to go Pande.. so with that change you are changing PVM as well.
    On Equip
    User Modify Run speed 100

User Modify Nano resist 500 if User Level>=201
    User Set flag Cyberdeck 0x00000005
    User Set flag SL zone protection Pandemonium

They won't do that.

User Modify Nano resist 500 if User Level>=201

Don't you see it's a new era?

U mean the era in wich i lvl my nt to 200 and even without retwinking, spawn camp a bunch of noobs, without fearing that drains/UBT will lands on me?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    It's funny to see all the people who respond to changes in *one* of the many PvP areas available with "account cancelled".
    Especially when it's an area they already acknowledge they never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    U mean the era in wich i lvl my nt to 200 and even without retwinking, spawn camp a bunch of noobs, without fearing that drains/UBT will lands on me?
    For a bit yes... cause your doubles are going to be nerfed...

until then

have fun!

I'll bring up a good point made by a friend of mine concerning TL5 BS level changes.

[XXXX] XXXXX: so is 200/150...that's HHAB/ql 300 armor/Jobe Double/GTH against a 150?!
    220/20/70 Neut Opifex Crat: Verst - Teh soloer Setup Pic
    220/21/70 Omni Atrox Shade: Shadesmack - DD whore Setup
    219/18/65 Omni Solitus Advy: Sargelen - Lubchild Setup Pic
    218/18/?? Neut Opifex Fixer: Fixersmack - Soon to be 220
    49/5/6 Neut Atrox Trader: Tradasmack - TL2 BS killer
    167/18/42 Neut Solitus Advy: Impregnable - Setup

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast