Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

lol. beep beep....beep beep....beep beep....beep beep.. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. 150-200 lolololol why not just one biga$$ BS 1-220, where ofc using FC logic 220 can attack lvl 1. I think the bigger picture is FC's subtle hint...QUIT AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Painolympics View Post
    lol. beep beep....beep beep....beep beep....beep beep.. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. 150-200 lolololol why not just one biga$$ BS 1-220, where ofc using FC logic 220 can attack lvl 1. I think the bigger picture is FC's subtle hint...QUIT AO.
    if you were gonna QQuit, you would just do effin do it. if the only arguement that you have, to try and change the devs minds is "QQuit AO", then you have no argument. only a small minority of players use the forums, let alone read them. prolly 5% of ingame population will see your suggestion to QQuit AO. i can assure you that I've seen people QQuit because bs wasn't running and they were upset about it.

there was a game of tugawar played, and clearly the devs were pulled towards the direction they are taking on battlestation. it also likely ties into rebalance efforts being made, and sure as shootin, all this talk about OP'd 200's ganking 150's may be hot air after rebalance hits live. or, has everyone already forgot about the rebalance efforts that may make the new bs level ranges more viable?

im absolutely sure the devs are not idiots, and they are doing one change in conjunction with another change with an overall plan in mind.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Sep 5th, 2010 at 05:43:47.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Not like it'll run anymore then it does now.. lol

1-30: Maybe, for the few 20-30'ish twinks that run in TL2 BS now-a-days.

31-60: Will run just like the TL2 BS does now.

61-99: Will.. uhhhhh? 60-74 BS is dead 169% of the time. I added 69%.

100-149: Probably the same as above.

150-200: Will run just like 150-174 does. Just the 150s that join, even if PvP based, will be lulzwtfuxpwnrofl by the new 200 twinks with probably 600? 700? more NR then they have because of HHAB availability. Not saying that's all they'll have, only throwing it out there, this is already too long of a guesstimation.

201-220: Definitely will run, mainly because of the activity of 210-220 BS already. And the newly invested into SK 200'ishs will die to the RRFE reflects of the 220s. Nuff said.

I miss anything?

P.S.

I r not troll, only stating what I think will happen. =p Opinions! That's why they post threads of upcoming patches! =D
    Last edited by IRSoup; Sep 5th, 2010 at 06:31:40. Reason: Fixed spelling fails
    220/20/70 Neut Opifex Crat: Verst - Teh soloer Setup Pic
    220/21/70 Omni Atrox Shade: Shadesmack - DD whore Setup
    219/18/65 Omni Solitus Advy: Sargelen - Lubchild Setup Pic
    218/18/?? Neut Opifex Fixer: Fixersmack - Soon to be 220
    49/5/6 Neut Atrox Trader: Tradasmack - TL2 BS killer
    167/18/42 Neut Solitus Advy: Impregnable - Setup

I said it before and ill say it again. This is a very bad idea.

I don't care for the gap ranges. Think about it, currently you kill someone the same level of you, you only get 98pts give or take 5. Kill someone lower say 210 against your 220, and you kill him 2 times. You'll barely get 40 points. So killing a 201 would practically give you negative points. Just something extra to think about. The gap ranges are too large. They're right, there is a huge gap in active BS. But in more ways than 10 all this will do is hurt any idea of "Balance".
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Surm-ffs View Post
    I said it before and ill say it again. This is a very bad idea.
    as i said month ago already, this is a very very good idea.

the only thing worrying me is that they want to create a new system/zone to join the bs.
    which means: they need to code something.
    which means: coming soon = might be 2-3 years.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Enough of the cursing, profanities, and obscenities, people. I understand the changes make some people upset. You can express yourselves without the swearing. Anyone choosing to do so after this posts gets infracted for it.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    if you were gonna QQuit, you would just do effin do it. .
    So ppl who don't like changes and may choose to quit because of them because they feel it ruined their gaming experience shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions because YOU don't like to hear them?

Talk about being a forum and opinion fascist!

if the only arguement that you have, to try and change the devs minds is "QQuit AO", then you have no argument. .
    The reasons why this is a bad idea have already been mentioned multiple times by now. There is no reason to repeat them over and over. It is now only a question of opinion. How many thinks it's a good idea and how many thinks it's a bad idea.

only a small minority of players use the forums, let alone read them. prolly 5% of ingame population will see your suggestion to QQuit AO..
    This is being discussed on OOC channels, other forums, org channels and various bots. So the question is bigger than the forum itelf. But the devs at least claim to read the forums. So this is the ONLY way to communicate what we think to them. Save for sending emails which we all know will most likely never be replied to. At least not the negative ones.

i can assure you that I've seen people QQuit because bs wasn't running and they were upset about it. .
    Yes so let's cure the disease by killing the patient.

there was a game of tugawar played, and clearly the devs were pulled towards the direction they are taking on battlestation. it also likely ties into rebalance efforts being made, and sure as shootin, all this talk about OP'd 200's ganking 150's may be hot air after rebalance hits live. or, has everyone already forgot about the rebalance efforts that may make the new bs level ranges more viable?.
    FC has provided absolutely zero info on when the rebalancing will happen or how it will work. But they have told us about htis range change.
    Ppl immidiately identified a number of fun killers such as hhab, ai30, le70 etc in this new range. FC has not commented on these things and seriously, do you really believe that an overall sweep through every nano and perk and item will be made before next patch?
    Seriously? I doubt you believe that because we all know there isn't nearly enough manpower to do it.

Then there is the absurdity factor. You open up a lower bs range to relative highbies just so that these poor souls that forgot to get their vp can get it before they level to 200. Totally disregarding the tl5 twink communities wishes as usual. Then realizing it killed said bs so those 200 would have to be nerfed somehow. Just to band aid the fubared bs range.

im absolutely sure the devs are not idiots, and they are doing one change in conjunction with another change with an overall plan in mind.
    How?

And when?
    Last edited by Noobius76; Sep 5th, 2010 at 08:40:05.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Level 175 actually.
    No actually he is right and you are wrong. It is level 200.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=269842

UserLevel>= 200

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Absolutely not. BS ranges don't apply to NW ranges..
    Are you;

1. Blind?
    2. Bribed?
    3. Drunk?
    4. All of the above?

Ani explained well enough for a 5 yo to understand but you still don't get it! Amazing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I will be happy to fight your legion of 200 twinks on my 220 soldier
    Thank you for describing the future of tl5 wars. I bet you didn't realize that you shot your own arguments to ****, did you?

For those who are still too slow to realize. Tl5 wars will be a bunch of 200's being pocketed by 220's. Against a few poor actual tl5's trying to get the towers down.

Because there will be twinked up 200 chars now that they have a purpose: owning what used to be tl5 bs. And ofcourse these toons will be used to screw up tl5 wars and there will be many more of them than there are 207 twinks.

And no, the stupid "solution" to "bring more tl7" into tl5 wars isn't a solution because then they aren't tl5 wars anymore!

Would FC comment on how they think a 150 should have a chance with his 5 year old gear vs a level 200 in 300 combined/ofab, hhab, LE70, Ai 30, 300 ofab weapon, level 200 nanos etc etc?

I think the community would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Would FC comment on how they think a 150 should have a chance with his 5 year old gear vs a level 200 in 300 combined/ofab, hhab, LE70, Ai 30, 300 ofab weapon, level 200 nanos etc etc?

I think the community would like to know.

bump, pretty please let us know what were you thinkin FC
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

No actually he is right and you are wrong. It is level 200.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=269842

UserLevel>= 200
    That nano has been changed around a number of times, including the level requirement to use it. They also changed around the level requirement of the crystal. Now they're off, 175 for the crystal and 200 for the nano.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No such thing as meaningless opinions. Locked lvl pvp is just silly and the complete inbalance in characters at such level puts it on sad display. With a bit more differentiation in character levels, more fun can be had by all. The challenge of a lvl 174 uber twink fighting a not as uber twinked lvl 200 character, and a bunch of other things to take into consideration. You just disregard everything because you're so scared of changes and don't want to react to them. I welcome pretty much any change because stability is boring.
    it IS meaningless if you admitted you dont play7 tl5 at all

and bear in mind pls, you are talking about changes that dont affect you at all, but do affect those who you arguing with, dont like tl5 twink pvp, just stay out of discussion then

Well at tl5 BS does account for almost all pvp so when that area gets fubared ppl won't be happy. The ones who react strongly are probably as many others old timers who just want to have fun with their existing toons. In that case leveling into uselessness for NW to be useful inside BS is a crappy choice they are forcing ppl into. It used to be bad enough when the max tl5 bs level was 174.

Now you'll have to choose between being a "good" tl5 twink level such as 164 and getting a new hole torn inside BS, and do towers, which incidentally never really happen.

Great fun there.

FC listen to reason pls

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Thing many dont seem to grasp here. Is that the new 200 twinks, will completely destroy also Tl5 NW wars. Imagine bunch of lvl 200 agents, enfos and NTs pocketed by 220 docs. Those can kill everything down to 159, turning every tl5 war into tl7 war instead. There are already those Tl5 twink killers, but this will make them lot more common. And the issue isnt about if 170 can kill 200 in this case, but how to deal with the 220 pocket the 200 can have.
    whats most amazing, is not that pvmers on forums cant grasp this idea, but that FC didnt think of it while proposing such change

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I understand, and i will, some will, but what about the rest? if AO was in the place where th population can take a hit and gradually heal, I'd agree. But we're talking about a time where a good % have twinks that are perfected, and tactics that took much time to learn, this just isn't a good time to smack the regular players with an "adjust or gtfo" ultimatum.
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 5th, 2010 at 09:48:20.
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

Bump for the new level range.
    Never a better idea, people are far too hot headed to realise with rebalancing - these level ranges wont be that bad.
    Sure you'll have to retwink some characters, but thats not FC's fault you made a twink in the first place. Its like buying a new car, then 5 years later expecting that new car to be of the same value and quality - it wont.

Personally i cant wait. Instead of being so short-sighted, people should look to what things will be like at the end of the year or beginning of the new year.
    - Rebalance taken care of (All the nano sheets will be out, perks, parry/riposte sorted, AS changed, pets taken care of - i suspect this will be getting ready for live)
    - New BS ranges to go in with these new rebalanced profs.
    - Getting closer and closer to the graphics engine.

I go on BS on a rather twinked 150, i can swap a few items around to get be effective in PvP in a 'pvm' setup although its not hugely different from a pvp setup. And yet i'll still get pwned by twinked 170's - whats the difference in being pwned by a balanced 200 instead? I can even put money on some twinked 175's will be able to take down 200's.

But anyway, hopefully BS will be so full of people (doing their daily, taking a break, doing some PvP... etc) that you'll run into people of the same level and have a good fight - whilst the 200's battle it out.
    And those level 200's that make the effort to chase after greys/greenies are as always NOOBS We see them day in day out anyway- farming away.

TLR Its cool dont worry about it.

NW and how it will be keeeled!
    It wont be, just lock tower site battles to characters in that Title Level. 160-200 will be 200 obvs. BUT tl7 wont get gas effect and therefore wont be able to heal. Sorted.
    Last edited by Dreamer; Sep 5th, 2010 at 09:59:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Players will likely not be very competitive with an average setup at the bottom of their level range...but at least they will be able to participate.
    Is this argument or "Forgive me" ? I demand some kind of rational argument from devs.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

gotta say this, and even in a separate post,,,

throwing such a change proposition on the forums, and then not replying at all to any of us, just show how much you guys respect your paying player base, i realise its weekend, but you should have realised what were you proposing, or did you just forget there was a hhab/ai30/le70 at 200 when you did?

PS.
    this is wayyy worse then not gettin any reply to a simple question if the proposed nr check change to PO from 175% to 50% was just a typo or intended ( asked 10 times within 1,5 week, no response at all, while you did respond to stuff irrelevant to the rebalance process )

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Bump for the new level range.
    Never a better idea, people are far too hot headed to realise with rebalancing - these level ranges wont be that bad.
    Yes, but in that case the new level ranges should be delayed until the balance patch.

The other changes (i.e. teleporter step fix) are needed sooner.

Meh!

Left click to play.. come hear this Means!
    /uses link and listens to gridstreams
    "Terrible idea for patch incoming"
    Wts depression summoning.
    Guess i'll take a vagabond drink.
    Why change bs caps i wonder and think.
    As i thought it doesnt get any worse i went for a sip
    To Rumblecom: !online Logged On: Xcript

BS caps changing is good idea, but w/o changing PvP-level range be very strange situations on BS.

For example - 2 players not in PvP-range at control point. Thats be really not fun. Cap first player, instant cap second...
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast