Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    BS caps changing is good idea, but w/o changing PvP-level range be very strange situations on BS.

For example - 2 players not in PvP-range at control point. Thats be really not fun. Cap first player, instant cap second...
    BS mechanics override that.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

So, all this HHAB discussion in the mix brings me to the conclusion that the entire item is stupid, no matter at which point you get +500 NR from one single piece of armor. Maybe it'd be cool to change the modifier now that all nanos are receiving an overhaul, should be simple enough to adjust NR checks up to compensate. Hell, maybe profession differences in the NR that they can accomplish would be highlighted, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

/flameshield on
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Level ranges:

1-30
    31-60
    61-99
    100-149
    150-200
    201-220
    We all would like there to be more action in AO. Both the developers and the users of AO most likely agree to this. Why not make the caps fit the natural ingame stops a little more?
    Like this for example:

1-30
    31-60

61-100 <--
    101-150 <--
    151-200
    201-220

Lvl 100: This is the very first level at title level 4, which brings a lot of fun twinking possibilities for those who love this. Many probably agree that this can be a real fun level to twink at. Also for towers!

Lvl 150: This is the most important cap in my opinion. There exist a LOT of twinks for Sector 10. This will most likely bring them more action, and give many players more reasons to meet at an earlier level for PvP before they move on. This i believe, means more action in game for many many players. I hope you can take this very cap in reconsideration.

To try and spread gameplay levels is a good idea in most mmo's. But AO lack a heavy number of players at many rates to fill all the gaps. Today, BS is rarely happening at most levelranges. And even at some of the most popular levels, getting BS started might be hopeless at times due to lack of people. Making these caps might give many people more action.

Darlyn 125/2 nanomage doctor

Life's not that bad. You just have to die to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    whats most amazing, is not that pvmers on forums cant grasp this idea, but that FC didnt think of it while proposing such change
    Actually, there are PVMers who are just as irked and confused by this. Myself included. I see this screwing up PVP *and* PVM since they're going to have to rework PVM things to have a chance of resolving it. (If you think removing NR from HHAB isn't going to make a difference, try soloing Pen or Inf bosses as a fixer)

Even that won't fix the tower war level range problem. I suppose I can be grateful that we only have TL 2/3 sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

1-25 subway twinks would be the top dogs
    26-60 totw twinks would be top dogs and possibly make this BS run a lot.
    61-100 Given the foreman twinks a place to be top dogs
    101-150 S10 twinks are top dogs and don't have to worry about fighting 200's
    151-199 or 200 is the top froob and well it is a good level to twink
    201-219 just makes sense.
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    this
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

How is it possible to suggest 150-200 BS?!
    It is hard enough for the 150-160 toons already.

This will scare off many of the players that are in BS now. Those twinked might stay, but very few new players will find it even remotely entertaining. There aren't many who like to be instant WTF PWN'd...

This suggestion is out of touch with both player base and game mechanics.

I am sorry to say that this could be the final straw; this might make me quit AO.
    Too bad it didn't happen sooner; then I would have saved time, money and effort...
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

First and last range doesn't need a lot of attention imo.

New players at TL1, even TL2 have more to do then to get killed in BS and VP isn't useful there. And 210-220 is active already.

150-200... well I think it should be 150-189 then 190-209 because of HHAB.

Merging ranges is a good idea but be careful to not make the game even more 'run to left and quit' if you know what I mean.

Also working on the uses of mechs/turrets would make it easier for the lower tiers.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Do we really have to actually make 200 "twinks" and kill BS for every tl5 to make you noobcakes realize how lame this is?

I've been thinking that if the problem they want to solve is that people 175-209 don't have access to VP farming, they could just give them access to the 220 BS. Sure, they get wtfpwned, but it's still slightly better than looting 10000 clumps in LE mish. The biggest problem I see with this is that it would make it easier to roll a few other side alts to stuff their queue so that you and your friends can VP farm without resistance during off hours.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about it, but there's a small possibility that sec7 twinks could be enough to keep a 175-200 BS alive, too. (maybe make overlapping BSes: 175-200 _and_ 175-220).

After playing through it while leveling my first char, I never really cared about TL5 except as something to finish asap on the way to 220, but I still think it seems a shame to mess around with the 150-174 BS. I'd say the number of 174 twinks created only for that BS says something about its popularity, and it's not at all certain that this popularity would carry over to a 150-200 BS.
    Hlep gnak!

Another thing I thought of... Please... A scaling run speed buff for BS... Pretty please? The run speed changes seem to be taking their precious time anyway.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

150 - 200 BS scares away new people and casual players. No way do they want to be chain-killed over and over at level 150-165ish just to get some vp.

This change is for the worse; we risk losing people all over, since the hardcore PvP players will lose too. No one likes to spend tons of time & creds to see their efforts has been in vain.

This could affect S10 in a negative way too; Only the hardcore farmers would stay. The rest will level up.

My suggestion for TL4-5:
    100-139
    140-164
    165-189

This will open the playfield for all; Solo kill farmers will still be around, but teams of "average", low-level players would have much better chances, both of winning and of having fun. Twinks (both Tower wars & S10) would participate on both sides, making use of all the now empty room on BS...

OFAB stuff used to be an alternative to AI gear; these days it is not, and with the proposed changes it will be even harder to get. Who will endure getting chain-killed for days to get hold of armor that is useless when you level? No fun and nothing to gain = no people...
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Do we really have to actually make 200 "twinks" and kill BS for every tl5 to make you noobcakes realize how lame this is?
    On Rk2 there are 200 twink(s) already in the making. The whole idea is just insane. People say with the balance it will not be that bad but they are forgetting with the proposed balance most of the perk changes are 175+. Apparently the long flame thread about 207 twinks running in endgame gear only missing alphas was a joke to FC.

Lets not forget that once again 175+ is a new title range.
    Anyone who has desire to compete in the new bs will be forced to level above the standard PvP range. Means even admitted lower levels will "participate." Great word to use when AO has been in "rebalancing mode."

And after looking at rebalance you tell me what old tl5 toon can beat a decked out 200 toon. Id like to see a 170perk those new 200twinks who have tons of ip in evades along with weapon skills since skill cap is in there. Its just not possible. 150s struggled to battle 170s decked out and the symb difference was 200-230. And 2perks. now its 170-200 which is a whole lot more.

PS: Not many people read these forums id agree with. FC should get the picture then since 90% of the forum community voiced their opinions in opposition. When has a DeV had to step in to stop people before. Go back and look at the topics that wre discussed. Then compare the active players before and after I think we can all get a good laugh out of it.

Another claim which i cant quote atm too lazy is that noone reads these forums. It maybe true but lets not forgot old FC "rebalance" which caused people to leave. In a game which is obviously struggling to keep up why annoy more players each day?
    Last edited by viktory22; Sep 5th, 2010 at 17:08:57.

150 vs 200 = *splatt*
    ...I am shocked people (and FC) find that hard to see?

It will take more than "re-balancing" to compensate for this...

Edit:
    Imagine a well-equipped 200/30/70 trader or agent vs any toon below 165... *sigh*
    Last edited by Luziciona; Sep 5th, 2010 at 17:14:13.

I agree with the previous statement fully, don't mess up TL5 BS witch people enjoy. Developers should be working on making the game easier to learn\play for new players so the overall population of AO can grow, or working on new engine to attract more people instead of just cramming us all together into ridiculously ranged BS games and ruining so many peoples toons.

If you insist upon ruining 165-174 accounts be cramming them in with 200s, at least let 150s get into lower level BS. A lot of 150s play the current tl5 BS and enjoy it, but if they have to fight lev 200s thats just a joke and will make it completely pointless on no fun whatsoever to play BS anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

1-25 subway twinks would be the top dogs
    26-60 totw twinks would be top dogs and possibly make this BS run a lot.
    61-100 Given the foreman twinks a place to be top dogs
    101-150 S10 twinks are top dogs and don't have to worry about fighting 200's
    151-200 200 is the top froob and well it is a good level to twink
    201-219 just makes sense.
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    I sure hope they will reconsider implementing this option. It makes perfect sense.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I love that everyone thinks the lev 200s wont be twinked, saying there gonna be "meh" toons or in medsuits, thats just stupid. While some will exist, I know many people who are already planing 200 twinks and if they could make good 165s, 200s are going to be just as and even more so unbeatable.

Do people really think 200s wont be twinked? LE70 is easy with dalies/AI30 easy with APF/Ql300 AI armor easy with level 175/More IP to make up for weakness at current tl5.

You find me the best tl5 twink on each server and I gurantee that a decked out 200 will just /afk on them.

Sadly though this was brought upon ourselves because people complain about BS inactivity. These people are the ones who hang on to the "game is still growing" comments. And really by complaining about inactivity what were you hoping would happen. FC make bots run low/mild/highly twinked toons(if only :P.)

But anyone who says 200s will be decent doesnt know the title range well enough. Or hasnt looked closely into the rebalance. Since once again, the changes are affecting more endgame toons and in FCs eyes 200 is one of the 1st endgame milestones.

Lots of armor, gear and perks become available at the high end of the suggested ranges,
    forcing people to level up to benefit from the obvious advantages. Examples:
    Goddess armor, Reanimated cloaks, HH@B, Azure, Biodome, and more.

Ranges should end at 139, 164, 189, not 150, 190 or 200.
    Last edited by Luziciona; Sep 5th, 2010 at 17:42:51.

I just hope they reconsider and make level 61-99 to 61-100, and 100-149 to 101-150.

It's important that the game gets less possible level ranges for BS for it actually to happen more.
    I see some requests more possibilities like 100-139, 140-164 and 165-189, but it won't work.. Its not enough players to fill them queues for each range. Its a lot better if they create fewer BS's with bigger level ranges, as most people will quickly learn that they do need a good character at the upper levels to make a chance in the first place.

We need BS to happen! So, dont make requests to make even more BS's to fill up... We need to shrink the queues! And as well to make them lower level BS's to match other places like Temple of three Winds (top level 60), Foremans (top level 100), and S10 (top level 150).. These are already popular levels, and should be offered a good place at Battlestation!

Darlyn 125/2 nanomage doctor

Life's not that bad. You just have to die to see it.

The whole idea of needing the BS to run more is true. The dalies have done that. Destroying 50% of your game of PvP is another thing. But the BS wont run more when a bunch of players lose their 5year old twinks to nerfs b/c the game is slowly coming to an end. And too look at your statement of less BS that is their goal but since VP is all you want to get why not make LE mish drop VP according to the bs range you are in. Like 500 for tl5 toons. 700 for tl7 toons. To make VP easier to get then the pvp ranges wont have to be nerfed b/c people complain about activity in a game which is past its prime. Just because you make the level ranges greater doesnt make it run more. YOu need active players to do this. And if these ranges do happen well, im going to guess a bunch of pvpers will just quit. Why keep going through pain of uneeded fixes when their are a lot more things that should be fixed.

EX: RK2 bs rnages 150-200 would maybe run 1-2times more with the current outlook pree200twinks. With the 200 twinks coming into play 150s-170s will no longer sign up like the tl5 bs now where the pvm 150s dont sign up but on rare occasions.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast