Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

Actually, 90% of my PvPing is BS based, 9% duels, 1% TWs.

But when people get to choose between having a char that is good for both BS and TWs, and a char that is only good for BS, people choose the char that is good for both.

150-170 chars are awesome for both BS and TWs.
    200 chars will only be good for BS.

The only thing this change proves is that FC ppl don't PvP.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that thanks. What does that have to do with BS?"

Obviously I was responding to your earlier post about lvl 200s.

"AO is going to change so much, that you won't even know how to PVP on your current twinks. You and other better get with the program and fast, because all this "OMG I'm a PVPer, don't change stuff" isn't going to get you very far in the next few months. TBH, if you think FC is listening to that kind of logic, there is really no point in even listening to you. The whole premise of the re-balancing is to change PVM and PVP."

If you read what I said. I said that people are freaking about because FC arent sharing enough about the rebalancing.

No one have any proof if these changes will make the game better or worse. But according to the info us players have from what FC have shared with us so far, it will make it horrible.
    If FC enlightened us about what changes they are going to do, this thread wouldnt be filled with people freaking out.

And yes, I am aware that the rebalancing isnt nearly finished, wich is why they don't want to share alot of info because it is subject to change. Which is why I said what I did.

"You're going to have to make ALOT less sense to fry my brain because I've argued with people much more nonsensical than you are being."

Maybe you should read my posts before you reply. I have never said that the responses in this thread is about what will in FACT happen, no one knows for sure what will happen, but what will happen according to what FC has told us.
    Last edited by Soliphus; Sep 11th, 2010 at 01:26:36.

Yeah, so again, what's the problem. If BS is changed to level 200 and you want to do BS PVP, you make a level 200 twink, kinda just like how you make other twinks for other levels for other things in the game. I don't understand what all the /cry is about, except from NW people that want to PWN everyone in BS with NW twinks ... which won't happen or never really has.

FC isn't enlightening us enough? That's pretty funny really. What information do you think they have they aren't giving you? I think that's alot of smoke and mirrors ... people like you wouldn't be satisfied unless Means gave you a minute to minute schedule of his bowel movements, just so you could tell him when to check the forums on his Blackberry to read your dribble while he takes a dump.

I'm a fanboi? Sorry, I'm just realistic.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 11th, 2010 at 01:32:22.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I probably have experience in more MMOs than you can count to.

Ok, I'll try to make it simple for you, obviously I have to.

People in this thread respond to these changes, taking into account the information that FC have shared so far.

FC have shared some changes about nano lines etc, they have however not said anything about perks and gear.

So why people are freaking out, is simply that lvl 190-200 gear/perks is INSANELY powerful compared to lvl 150-174 gear/perks. Thus, for many proffs, there will be a 0% success rate against a TL6 twink.

There are currently 0 proffs that are "completely" useless at TL5 PvP. But that will change if "caster" proffs will have to go up against HHAB.

So, when people hear as little as cap will be changed, but nothing about stuff like HHAB, people freak out. If you don't want people to freak out, either share more, or don't share anything at all untill you actually have something to share.

You seriously can't have a hard time understanding this?

I'm sorry (well, not really) but yes, you are sounding like a fanboi, and you're responding in a very immature way with personal attacks, which force me to flame you in return. And the fact that you keep editing your posts after I respond don't make you seem any better.

By reading your earlier posts in other threads, I see that you agree with me.

So either you can't read, or you're an idiot of a troll, get a kick out of arguing much?

Edit; Or, well, a fanboi

I see reality. 200 BS is coming. Deal with it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I see reality. 200 BS is coming. Deal with it.
    And I see another reality : with all the TL5 twink giving up, TL5 NW will be even more dead that it is atm.

Some people that do enjoy TL5 NW were hoping for PvP level change, to limit the 207 efficiency, and FC kicked in the butt those people.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I believe to balance PVP:

1-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-200
    201-220

All levels ended in even numbers, and it will finally create two equal pvp spots for S10 twinks, and for the TL5s to fight against 200s. Sure, it will suck losing a few extra...

I truly think HHAB needs to be changed, just like with several other items TL6 level locked.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I truly think HHAB needs to be changed, just like with several other items TL6 level locked.
    100% Disagree. TL6 items stay the way they are. Why gimp an entire Title Level because people have OP toons at TL5 and are too afraid to change them or make new ones?

AO has a history of changes and revolutions. Adapt.

Actually, what I would have loved seeing is:

1-30
    31-60
    61-118
    119-150
    151-200
    201-219

the 220 BS giving a bronze box to the winners of each round.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 11th, 2010 at 09:46:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    100% Disagree. TL6 items stay the way they are. Why gimp an entire Title Level because people have OP toons at TL5 and are too afraid to change them or make new ones?

AO has a history of changes and revolutions. Adapt.
    Changing or removing HHAB from TL6 wouldnt turn TL 6 ppl into gimps, you're not supposed to have a 99.999999% chance to resist control/debuff nanos. Funcom wants to balance, and HHAB at TL5/6 is pure imba. It's "perfectly" *cough Trader* balanced without HHAB, with nano resist you have a decent chance of resisting, you have perks that can remove controls/debuffs, you have buyable items and farmable items to remove/reduce it's effects, HHAB is overkill.

Just look at TL5, no HHAB, yet you don't see every "caster" proff dominating the BS, the only caster proff that needs to be tuned down alittle is Trader, and it sure would be alot easier just to nerf traders alittle in PvP(in return making them better at PvM pre TL7) than turning every single caster proff into a supergimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliphus View Post
    Changing or removing HHAB from TL6 wouldnt turn TL 6 ppl into gimps, you're not supposed to have a 99.999999% chance to resist control/debuff nanos. Funcom wants to balance, and HHAB at TL5/6 is pure imba. It's "perfectly" *cough Trader* balanced without HHAB, with nano resist you have a decent chance of resisting, you have perks that can remove controls/debuffs, you have buyable items and farmable items to remove/reduce it's effects, HHAB is overkill.

Just look at TL5, no HHAB, yet you don't see every "caster" proff dominating the BS, the only caster proff that needs to be tuned down alittle is Trader, and it sure would be alot easier just to nerf traders alittle in PvP(in return making them better at PvM pre TL7) than turning every single caster proff into a supergimp.
    I don't care. FC is mixing 2 TLs in the same BS, adapt or leave. I don't want to gimp my TL6 to keep poor TL5 traders who have been a pain in the butt for years happy. Raise your trader to 200.

What's imba is a TL5 trader winning over a toon that is the next title level, because he can land one-click debuffs.

Sorry, no.

Well, if you don't care, you have nothing to do in this thread.

And if you read my post before you decided to respond, you would notice that I suggested to nerf traders in PvP.

Well, if you don't care, you have nothing to do in this thread.

And if you read my post before you decided to respond, you would notice that I suggested to nerf traders in PvP.
    I'm entitled like you to have an opinion. And my opinion is that if few TL5 twinks are going to QQ, I just won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    And I see another reality : with all the TL5 twink giving up, TL5 NW will be even more dead that it is atm.

Some people that do enjoy TL5 NW were hoping for PvP level change, to limit the 207 efficiency, and FC kicked in the butt those people.
    qft
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I'm entitled like you to have an opinion. And my opinion is that if few TL5 twinks are going to QQ, I just won't care.
    I have nothing against the fact that everyone have their own unique opinion, but if you don't care then everything you say is OT.

I post in this thread because I see that this can ruin the fun for many people. Unless ofc, they balance HHAB, if they do that then I have nothing against the new changes. Sure, we could just roll other proffs, but making 1/3 of the proffs completely useless isnt balancing things, thus I react.

I have nothing against the fact that everyone have their own unique opinion, but if you don't care then everything you say is OT.

I post in this thread because I see that this can ruin the fun for many people. Unless ofc, they balance HHAB, if they do that then I have nothing against the new changes. Sure, we could just roll other proffs, but making 1/3 of the proffs completely useless isnt balancing things, thus I react.
    What ruined the fun for many years, is casting profs with their OP debuffing nanos.

The wheel is turning? Big deal. Adapt.

I don't know how many years it have been since you've been to BS Ocene, but it's AR proffs that are dominating, not caster proffs (And please don't make me repeat "nerf traders", we all know they are OP so no bother discussing it).

And if by caster class, you're thinking about NTs, dont. NT's have no problems against HHAB, I have 2 NT twinks myself, one TL5 and one TL 7, neither have a problem nuking TL7s It have already been announced that NTs will be nerfed in PvP, thus NTs are irrelevant in this thread.

Whos going to suffer? MPs, crats, fixers, docs, engis.

Sure docs have high survivability in TL5/6, so they don't need UBT that much, but how are they going to kill without DoTs? They will have no chance against any proff that got decent survivability, and since docs don't have any alpha people can just run away from them if they don't wanna fight these survivability monsters, cause docs don't have roots/snares either, the only thing they can do against ppl running away is to DoT them, but not against HHAB. Docs wont be useless, seeing they can heal others too, but they wont get any kills themselves.

Fixers will struggle with the big increase in AR without a big increase increase in evade from TL5 to TL6, without a slightest chance to kite they will be steamrolled.

The other proffs already struggle hard enough, the new changes is going to make them pure cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post

Bump. But it's more like pissed in their faces than kicked in the butt.
    And in addition to that they're refusing to comment at all.

Tl5 NW has been dead for literally 3 years on rk1. The only time a field can change hands is when there is a surprise attack or if the other side basically doesnt bother to defend. The community has sent a clear message to funcom over the years and that is that as long as the pvp ranges are the way they are the NW expansion is dead at tl5 and that it will remain dead until fc does something about it.

FC did nothing so it's still dead. And now, instead of fixing the ranges they deal another blow to NW. It's unreal how they can be so out of touch. But I guess since there are zero comments on the feedback they get they are going to go through with it no matter what the consequences.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Sep 11th, 2010 at 13:30:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Bump. But it's more like pissed in their faces than kicked in the butt.
    And in addition to that they're refusing to comment at all.

Tl5 NW has been dead for literally 3 years on rk1. The only time a field can change hands is when there is a surprise attack or if the other side basically doesnt bother to defend. The community has sent a clear message to funcom over the years and that is that as long as the pvp ranges are the way they are the NW expansion is dead at tl5 and that it will remain dead until fc does something about it.

FC did nothing so it's still dead. And now, instead of fixing the ranges they deal another blow to NW. It's unreal how they can be so out of touch. But I guess since there are zero comments on the feedback they get they are going to go through with it no matter what the consequences.
    qft, sad but true
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast