Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

1st before the next one.

I foresee the end of twinking. Who needs to make twinks when the greenies become supergrey?

Another fruitless atemp to revitalize a dead horse. Someone give these game developers a damn clue.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Mixed up feeling. Fresh meat in BS is always welcome but ruining tons of tl5 twinks feels kinda wrong. At least tweak open-PvP ranges so these twinks got some purpose again.

Although thumbs up for making lvl 60 twinks usable in PvP again.

These level changes seem aimed at the same old thing, just get more people in so there's enough for a BS to start. With larger ranges more people are going to have more problems with the higher PvP twinks obliterating them while their average leveling chars are trying to do dailies/get VP. I see this as creating added problems in the name of more activity for something many didn't even want to do in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by masterful1 View Post
    Quit whining! As I read it you still have to have people in the areas to even get mobs to spawn so.........
    The new level ranges are for BSs or both BSs and the new PvP zone. He didn't actually say it was for both, just specifically said BSs but I guess it would be assumed it's for both.

Are the level ranges for PVP changing as well?

I mean a level 200 won't be able to attack anything below 160 if my bot is correct.

Does this mean, we will use 150s to 4 cap while the 200s watch us? how is it going to work?

Very interesting Battlestation changes. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out ingame on live servers

One question, that someone else also asked earlier I think (edit: Yes many did ask the same question) :

Will level 30's be able to attack level 1's in the lowest battle station for example? Or will normal PvP ranges apply even though people beyond those PvP ranges can sign up for the same BS?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Mixed up feeling. Fresh meat in BS is always welcome but ruining tons of tl5 twinks feels kinda wrong. At least tweak open-PvP ranges so these twinks got some purpose again.

Although thumbs up for making lvl 60 twinks usable in PvP again.
    Ruining? Not at all. I doubt many will be stupid enough to level to 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Are the level ranges for PVP changing as well?

I mean a level 200 won't be able to attack anything below 160 if my bot is correct.

Does this mean, we will use 150s to 4 cap while the 200s watch us? how is it going to work?
    The level ranges in the Battle Station override the regular PvP ranges. You can test this in the current L20-L49 BS, where one can kill 20s with a 49 or vice versa if your name is Undercutting.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Well lvl 49 can currently attack lvl 20 in BS while normally they cannot. So I think it's gonna be this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    First!

I foresee some expensive twinks (like the 174's) crying a lot in the thread here.
    Don't get this comment.

174's are already open to attack from TL7's at towers so whats to stop them from leveling to 189 or even higher. Gaining more IP and perks is nothing to be upset about.

It's the guys that have levelled twinks to 160ish as recommended that will see their 174 rivals get stronger that should be crying.

Thanks Lupus that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    I see this as creating added problems in the name of more activity for something many didn't even want to do in the first place.
    I have to say i used to be one of those people, daily BS mish changed that, having a guranteed reward at the end removed 95% of the frustration for me and i started looking at BS as less of a chore more of an interesting diversion, from time to time i even go there when i dont need VP now. I think most anyone can tolerate 1 BS a day and maybe even learn to enjoy it, some might also find it a motivation to level and get their own back!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines.

200 would be a good twink level for BS but it would be a BAD twink level for NW. 165-174 is still better for tl5 NW than 175-200 is. So at least in that specific way, it makes all level ranges viable now whereas in the past the 175-200 level range was useless.

Having that said, 200 is now an interesting level perhaps because of the new 150-200 alien PF that is coming. Many PvM twinks for that area (if people feel a need to make those) will join BS as well now. So the 165-174 range will probably have some 200 twinks to deal with in BS.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 17:29:38.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I like the new pvp range because more people are able to sign up.
    I dislike the new changes because the difference between lowest/highest will be huge.
    I alone can easily kill 10 lvl 201 players... imagine how the balance can shift in the BS.
    Same with 150 vs 200... in the end, can't tell if its a positive or negative change.

well who knows.. if the sign up area is the new pvp zone then it might turn out okay.
    People who want a challenge might be hanging around in the pvp area.
    While the people that actually need VP fight eachother in the battle station.
    If it is the sign up area is the pvp area, please add some space where people can duel.
    So when someone is looking for pvp.. they just sign up and look for pvp in the area/bs/duel.

Might be fun

edit: tl5 pvp won't be ruined.. you can still duel and go to towers... I also doubt that many ppl will be making 200ish twinks.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Don't get this comment.

174's are already open to attack from TL7's at towers so whats to stop them from leveling to 189 or even higher. Gaining more IP and perks is nothing to be upset about.

It's the guys that have levelled twinks to 160ish as recommended that will see their 174 rivals get stronger that should be crying.
    He answered for me, Lupu
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

200 would be a good twink level for BS but it would be a BAD twink level for NW. chars between 175 and 200 would be BAD for NW but they are now viable for BS. So at least in that specific way, it makes all level ranges viable now whereas in the past the 175-200 level range was useless.
    Level range 175-200 is indeed bad for open-PvP. Although is level range 165-174 (majority of current TL5 twinks) so much worse really? Result would still be the same for these twinks - reclaim ticket within seconds. That's why TL5-TL7 PvP ranges should be looked into.
    Last edited by Scottik; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 17:36:20.

Notum Wars?

And how will this effekt NW and tower battles?
    If the pvp range is changed, will the change be inside BS only, or also outside?

Various things open up at 200 that would be desirable. Level ten researches, beast stars, level three LE research HUDs, the Night Heart belts, some nanos and so forth. I most certainly can see some making lvl 200 chars to do the upcoming APF, the new BS level range or try to do both. Not everyone would do PvP outside of BSs as some only PvP in BSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

200 would be a good twink level for BS but it would be a BAD twink level for NW. chars between 175 and 200 would be BAD for NW but they are now viable for BS. So at least in that specific way, it makes all level ranges viable now whereas in the past the 175-200 level range was useless.
    However leveling, say a fixer to 200, and then going in TL5 BS, is like IDDQD.

Thx for new beef in BS ... or being the roasted part of it.
    The changed BS signup will also be something good
    Cheaper wise, im not so horny on PvP, its like beer, sometimes im getting really thursty, not very often tho.

Means, why do you people are so quiet about the engine update ?
    Not one word since weeks.
    I bet, the community always welcomes a honest word about the engine development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    However leveling, say a fixer to 200, and then going in TL5 BS, is like IDDQD.
    It's going to be interesting to see how these things play out. I wonder how much thought will be put into balance at these new level ranges. Professions gain access to new powerful tools at different levels and in different ways so some professions might end up sticking out a lot. 170 agent already does insane damage in tl5 bs. I wonder what a 200 agent can do. There are many different professions that will be interesting to see in action now in BS in all level ranges.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

People already made BS dedicated toons, aka the 171-4's If 200's can attack down to 150's in the bs what makes you think people wont lvl to 200?

I predict there will be loads of ppl lvling to 200, especially after seeing the first 200 nt roflstomping everyone.
    Cookie'FF'Tastic

The peace sign is just the middle and the trigger finger

Quote Originally Posted by Autofil View Post
    If this doesnt cause whining I dont know what will.
    And them lvl 200 "twinks" are going to be expencive
    See the Southpark ep. "Scott Tenorman must die."

or just google "Cartman chili" and watch the ending.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast