Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

31-60 range is nice, but 150-200 is wrong on so many levels.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Haha HHAB in tl5 BS
    Interesting idea you're working on FC !
    Love the BS hub thing
    Mrdex, new main, 220 Trader, work in progress.
    Nishizono, now retired, 220 MA.

I think that if we ever want BS to actually be something other than a massive frustration fest for both pvpers and pvmers we should revamp how pvm works so that it's not such a massive system shock to go into a pvp arena and wonder why you've just died.

Requirements to get through most if not all pvm are nothing like what it takes to survive 30 seconds of pvp, and nothing in pvm even remotely prepares you for that. This causes massive amounts of frustration among the pvm crowd, the only people who really want anything out of the BS for the most part (since Ofab is basically fixed T3 for most profs) while most pvp twinks are roaming around with AI armor and top of the line setups, and if they don't already have the 1 or 2 Ofab pieces they need, then they already have something better on hand and the Ofab is just junk to them.

I don't think this is going to 'fix' BS and make it something that runs regularly, for the record. Fixing the massive power imbalance between pvp and pvm will be the better course of action by far and away.

Hrmm a lvl 201 joins a bs with nothing but 220's Please tell me what prof at lvl 201 has any chance what so ever to kill a 220. Enless that 220 is a complete newb
    Artofwar(220/21)----Cheatdeath(220/18)----Reflection(220/22)

Get R' Dun

That would be disrespect to all the work it took to get all this "endgame stuff".

This game already got way too easy. See how peopel with 15K aliens killed have ai 30 when it used to take 80K ? That's pure disrespect to thsoe who farmed like hell for this well-deserved AI 30 which used to be rare and really meant hard-working.
    Not even talkign about Collector dropping ACDC and stuff... Those endgame pvp setups requrie work to get (not that much anymore but still).. You can't just make it easier for some people to enjoy pvp without working hard for it... At least that's my opinion.
    If you want to pvp, withotu the stuff.. oh well go APT
    Mrdex, new main, 220 Trader, work in progress.
    Nishizono, now retired, 220 MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    I for one am making a level 1 SUPERTWINK!!!

Bring on the level 30's!!

Ahem.

Syph
    Actually thats exactly what will happen.

In the early days of AO it was possible for level 200's to kill down to 75's or if you were teamed with a level 1-75 you could kill them too.

So a very clever guy made an elite lvl 1 toon who used to advertise if anyone could beat him he would pay them a million (a lot of creds then). They never did. On one occasion a team of 5 level 200's got him down to 50% health!

So what I can imagine happen is with the current caps is that its gonna get very boring, very quickly as everything will be sloow and also it will be impossible to kill the lowest twinks....

IMHO its not a well thought out policy to effectively go back 8 years. The ranges should stay essentially the same with more incentives to play the oddball ranges. We are now seeing that happen with the advent of the BS rewards. We need more of that type of incentive.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Ohh i cant wait to gank those tl6 gimps on my tl5 twinks, lovely idea. Altho making hhab lvl 201+ may be needed.
    my thoughts exactly. mostly about the HH@B part.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Klanbear View Post
    Actually thats exactly what will happen.

In the early days of AO it was possible for level 200's to kill down to 75's or if you were teamed with a level 1-75 you could kill them too.

So a very clever guy made an elite lvl 1 toon who used to advertise if anyone could beat him he would pay them a million (a lot of creds then). They never did. On one occasion a team of 5 level 200's got him down to 50% health!

So what I can imagine happen is with the current caps is that its gonna get very boring, very quickly as everything will be sloow and also it will be impossible to kill the lowest twinks....

IMHO its not a well thought out policy to effectively go back 8 years. The ranges should stay essentially the same with more incentives to play the oddball ranges. We are now seeing that happen with the advent of the BS rewards. We need more of that type of incentive.
    You misunderstand... i dont wanna survive, i wanna keel em!

Syph
    Sypheres - Level 220 / 28 Doctor
    Syphertech - Level 220 / 16 Techno Arch-Wizard (apparently)
    Provox - Level 220 / 17 Soldier
    Dolarhyde - Level 220 / 17 Agent
    Vjeshtitza - Level 220 / 20 Shade

Server 1st!! First 220 Opifex Female Clan Doctor RK1/RK2!

I think there all getting bored of having there 220's and having to use some skill to kill some twinked 205's or so. So they want to make it easier and be able to farm 201's. Oh lets make it worse for the lower level range of are bs lvl range and make it twice as easy on higher.

IMO

Leave the @#@$ lvl ranges alone. Only reason i see them doing something with this is cause for instance. the bs between 150-174 and 205-220 is dead. The ones below are dead most of the time if not all the time.
    Artofwar(220/21)----Cheatdeath(220/18)----Reflection(220/22)

Get R' Dun

You've done it.

The beauty of your remarkable accomplishment has caused Death to shed a tear of black liquid sorrow.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

The 201-215 toons are going to get rocked on BS for sure. However the new level changes now changes the way BS is played. Enforcers running to Absorb cap will now be walking funny when theres 15 APT's waiting for him at a cap. The low level rangers cant compete but can run around in mechs and the way I see it the mechs will be more used in PVP. APT's and mechs all over BS. Personally it will be more exciting and harder. Oh oh and I think 4 capping will be harder to do this way. A cap and B cap will be guarded by low level ranges in APT's.

I like this new change..

Bump.

PS, oh it will be fun spawn camping Greenies... Unless FC makes Multiple Spawns. Perhaps have like 8 spawn Doors in the decontamination room.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Will HHAB be 201 locked?
    Leaving HHAB as is might give the lvl200 PvM (New AI pf) twinks a chance against the 174 PvP twinks though...

Of course there will also be lvl 200 PvP twinks, so... Whatever.

Overall I can't really see the sound reason for this change, unless they somehow intend to lessen the difference in power between toons from either end of the range.

Unless it's just another scheme to force even more PvM cannon fodder from a larger level range into the hands of "hardcore" PvP'ers.

Whatever the reason I don't think it will be for the better... for AO that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    210-220 already is/was a nightmare between 210 and 215, now the nublet-kill-farmers (you know who you are on RK2) get even more cheap meat for the grinder.

Bad idea, Means. If anything, it will drive many people even further away from BS.
    This...

The difference between people of even a few levels is sometimes huge due to level locks here and there and everywhere...

The difference between a twinked toon and a decent toon is huge.

The difference between a good PvM setup and a good PvP setup is even bigger...

Those combined makes PvP not worth it to many (most) people, and should be something FC should focus on.
    Last edited by Mekh; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 19:10:30.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Means,

Only if you are going to give a BS run speed buff. I suggest you spawn a level 1 and try to run from B to C and time it. Oh and use the forth coming fixer run speed buff rules as well. I suspect you will be crying before you get to C.

TL5 as has been said. HH@B and doubles will be a huge issue.

If I can make a suggestion on level ranges at the low end
    1 to 25
    26 to 60

that way the twinks for both Subway and TOTW can have a BS to enjoy.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    First!

I foresee some expensive twinks (like the 174's) crying a lot in the thread here.
    Unlike you who were smart enough to stop at 220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Personally I think the new BS ranges are a great idea.

I was thinking about this...with the exception of a few items (i.e. HH@B), there's not a HUGE amount that separates a level 200 from a 174 (or even 170 for that matter).

170s are title capped on all their skills, and twinks generally have the IP spent exceptionally well, so there's little or no wastage. This means that a level 200 will essentially have 10 more levels of raising skills (only a modest amount, basically +50 points on green skills), and access to LE70 / AI30.

Symbs won't be a whole lot different (probably QL240s instead of 230s, I doubt we'll see many, if any, QL250+ symbs equipped on a level 200). The other difference will be the opportunity max a whole lot of other skills, whether this will give a significant advantage over level 170s I think will vary from profession to profession (some profs are very tight on IP at 170, others aren't so much).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it, and I'm not gonna level my 170 twinks until I see how it plays out

Org
    Field Marshall Jean Luc "Organa" Picard - level 220/20/70 - Setup
    Eternalist Doctor "Stitchiz" Nick - level 220/21/55 - Setup
    Supreme Creator Sally "Orya" Dilox - level 220/20/64 - Setup
    Don Sonny "Protexxor" Fresh - level 200/26/58 - Setup
    Techno-Mage Galileo "Aryuna" Galilei - level 170/17/42 - Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    You misunderstand... i dont wanna survive, i wanna keel em!

Syph
    You will thats the point ... just very slooowly....reflects ftw ;p
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    my thoughts exactly. mostly about the HH@B part.
    I highly doubt that they would do that. Jobe double lvl req 200
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

the LE nukes NT's can use at 200 are actually not that much improved than what we alr use at tl5. and if they're using LE nukes at all, they'll be in offensive focus, leaving them open for alpha, and if you think NBG will save them more than it saves a tl5, you're wrong there too, it'll go splat just as fast as mine does. my guess would be, if there's 200 NT's in our BS, you're more likely to see NS2 users. a 170 agent for example can take out a 200 NT in offensive focus, faster than he can get a nuke off, easily. the only place the LE nukeing 200's might make a big dent is on the high hp targets, enfos and docs, and tbh...they're a bit OP anyway

what i see is more need for team cooperation incoming.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Sep 3rd, 2010 at 19:20:11.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Exclamation

I think it should be 150-189 and 190-220 because of loads of new stuff unlocks on TL6..
    HHAB will completly screw like 70% TL5 twinks.150-189 seems to be pretty nice ballanced.
    and 190 or 200 in TL7 BS is like no difference so it seems fair too... they HUG Turret or they are dead. on 190 same as 201.
    Vespersk 220/70/30 Sol
    Runordie 220/50/23 Enf
    Piskotka 220/50/21 Adv
    Vesperagent 170/40/19 Agent
    Arpi 150/30/9 Adv
    Taishasdoc220/70/25 Doc
    Bebop10 170/full/full Sol 300 ofab on
    Hoboblaster 200/full/XX Crat for S7 in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Lol, as someone who's got 165 and 170 twinks I can tell you that I don't care.

The 200s will be either:

a) Overlevelled n00bs who think they're good at PvP, but are in fact terrible (IE the current 174 crew).
    b) PvM farmers for sector 7, which likely won't be any good at PvP due to setup if not skills.

And let's keep in mind the regular PvP ranges will still apply outside BS. The 200s are going to be helpless.

EDIT: Ah, one good point's been brought up, please restrict Hold Hell at Bay use to L201+ or we are going to have a very hard time with the +500 NR for casting profs @ TL5.
    What was also brought up was that Jobe Cataclysm - amongst other higher powered nanos - kick in at 200. So the majority of players probably don't want 200 access to HHAB nerfed. I know I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast