Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 3rd, 2010 - Battlestation changes

The ONLY way I see this working, is if the lower level you are in the battlestation level range, you get a buff that scales (getting weaker and weaker) as you get higher level in that certain level bracket.

This would allow the lower levels to not get instantly wiped out by the twinks that are the highest level in that level range, and be able to, as you put it, "contribute."
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kamathefixer View Post
    Please justify how a lvl 1 is going to beat a lvl 30? Go ahead, i'll wait.
    If your level 1 doesn't want to do it, do LE missions! Sorry but level 1 is hardly a concern in terms of BS ranges and pvp.

Pull your head out your ***, or better yet out of FC's ***. The level change for battlestations is possibly one of the stupidest things i've seen FC come up with.
    Fantastic rebuttal! really how long did it take you to come up with that one? God I like the change clearly my head is up my ass.

It was never a problem with level range. The level ranges were perfectly fine. It's the monotony of the ONE battlestation map coupled with low playerbase that makes it not run.
    Level ranges were always an issue, some stations died extremely quick due to awkward ranges or simply too short of gaps. I don't really see this as gamebreaking.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    New Level ranges:

1-30
    31-60
    61-99
    100-149
    150-200
    201-220
    Please no Notum Repulsor level 30 noobs in the same area as level 1-29's. Make it 1-29 at least and 30-60 otherwise you make 1 perk dominate 10 professions. 1-14 or 20 would even be fair. It is not just the nano resist, it is the Zap Nano perk that can be used FROM conceal without unconcealing and draining nano and nanoskills shutting down almost everyone.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 4th, 2010 at 00:18:20.

Please justify how a lvl 1 is going to beat a lvl 30? Go ahead, i'll wait.
    Watch me, and they better give more than 96 pvp score.

Btw FC, if you were not aware, my level 1 and likely others seems to cap their duel score and possibly solo score even against someone 5x their level. Not exactly important but just a heads up.

Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

1-25 subway twinks would be the top dogs
    26-60 totw twinks would be top dogs and possibly make this BS run a lot.
    61-100 Given the foreman twinks a place to be top dogs
    101-150 S10 twinks are top dogs and don't have to worry about fighting 200's
    151-200 200 is the top froob and well it is a good level to twink
    201-219 just makes sense.
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    so what about this instead:

20-60 (isn't there no BS now for 1-19?)
    61-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-214
    215-220
    20-60 would run occasionally with the Subway and ToTW toons plus the leveling toons doing daily missions.

61-99 Might run sometimes with already existing 74 twinks and leveling toons doing BS daily missions but I doubt that it will in long run.

100-149 Won't run unless someone organizes VP farming.

150-189 S10 and TL5 twinks will probably keep it running with addition of leveling toons doing BS daily.

190-214 I doubt that you could find this running unless it is organized VP farming OR new alien sector brings enough lvl 200 twinks that need OFAB.

215-220 Obviously running...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    1s in the same BS as 30s? 201s in with 220s?

And people ask me why I don't play this game any more...
    So why are you commenting on changes?

The new BS range makes as much sense as enforcers getting a fear with a snare attached or Shutdown Skill....

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    ~
    I started to type a bunch of sarcasm in response to this but cba to finish it.

A lot of people (I originally put 'everyone' but it seems some people would take that literally) are saying about HHAB and stuff in 'TL5' bs but from the look of the fixer sheet and stuff, seems FC are reviewing level locks so they might still change pande stuff and research and whatnot yet. Obviously its still gonna be massively unfair on 150's, theres no way of seeing past that. I guess if both sides have 200ish folks to look over their lowbes it'll kinda be fair, but I cant imagine anyone will stay for long if one side has a few 200 'twinks' and one doesnt.
    That said, personally I find the idea of a bunch of 200 bs toons duking it out quite interesting
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    220 face it at 220 endgame setups can over power 219's. A place for the top dogs to go and fight.
    I like that better than Means version (which is horrible, please give some -argumentation- not just numbers, they say nothing)

My Argument for 174:
    AO clasic (+NW) is the most thought through and balanced part of the game.
    It is the one with most choice.
    Many things to choose from being almost equally good, but having armor holes.
    Barter armor, Carbonum, black clan etc.
    But do to power increase with expansions, they are now available at 170ish, and so are all the good old RK nanos.

At TL5 you can go for Adonis brain, QL 200 weapons and armor, or you can twink into 200+
    Because of your lvl being lower than the max QL, you can put in extra effort to get better things in, have to team high lvl players to get the items.. getting 24 AI lvls, lvl 6 research..
    A lot of challenges.

at 150..
    only the really twinked can get to reliably use all the RK nanos.
    But sure, it will be the new spot for having fun with AO classic equipment.
    Just a great deal harder.

Again please -argument- for the lvls you have put up Means, why do you think they are so good?
    I support Lheann's suggestion and argumentation, as that fits well with the game of AO, tieing PVP and PWM together.
    Well thought of

Kind Regards
    -Ariensly

on that note I would REALLY like a lvl nerf being accessible through payed points, so my lvl 174 could get 149. You could have it be a "strip all items" like the IPR.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    They made the side vs side battle in the battlestations the core concept of the LE "expansion", kinda hard changing that now. It'd be like changing the whole backstory of Shadowlands, if you get my meaning. But if I were them, i'd change it, rather than leave it in this sorry state it is now.
    I'd be happy if they just made some alternate BS maps, and each round spawned a random map.

PVPers got BS after years of complaining that they couldn't find other players (ESPECIALLY other PVPers) at towers, WTF, 25% gas playfields, and arenas. Then when they realized people on BS were actually aiming for the objectives of BS (capping points) instead of random ganking, they started all this whining about how BS needs to be turned into a regular 0% arena, just like the ones they haven't used in 5 years.

Anyone with half an IQ point can tell that the battlestations would end up like those other places, which are even more deserted than BS is now.
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 4th, 2010 at 01:02:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    IMO the level ranges have nothing to do with the battlestations being dead. I think these problems have a lot more to do with it:

...snip... too long to quote entirely ^^
    Best post so far imo...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Amazing. I can't imagine this was truly thought through by the dev team -- while I appreciate the effort to try and get more BS participation I can see two major problems:

1. Widening the level range will automatically widen the capability gap between the twinks and those new to pvp. That's not going to make it more fun. A 200 vs 150 or 201 vs 220 anything is insane -- the list of equipment, nanos, research lines, etc., goes on and on. Even assuming equal skill and equal comparative equipment the highest toon will always smash the lower.

There's a reason that things are capped at 174/199/209 and they were attempted to be balanced at those levels. Personally, I don't agree with the level of balance achieved however doubling the top to bottom gap sure isn't the solution. Keeping the level range lower does split the population but it splits it into levels where the bottom range can kill the top, *not* just the reverse.

2. Related to #1 -- this kind of massive change is going to require equally massive rebalancing, item changes, etc., and given the large number of things that are already overloading the FC team I can't see that happening. This is going to force people to level to the top end of the range to feel competitive and then you have the same problem we have now - lack of attendance. It doesn't matter if a 150 toon can join an active BS if it's full of 195-200 toons who will just stomp the crap out of him. You're going to see more of the attitude that kills BS now (on RK 2 at least) -- since you can't beat them, screw it.

As a side note, I'm going to pissed if this pvp change forces things like HHAB/LE 9s to 201+ simply because of the impact on my pvm toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Ok means after alot of thought of where the twink levels are and and the problem with the ranges you put up as listed by so many I am making this suggesting.

I like these ranges except for 220 being separated from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    blahblahblah
    People like you crattey, are going to kill AO. Not that FC isn't doing a fine job by themselves, but you guys certainly are helping.

You've become so enthralled by AO, that you think FC ****'s rainbows, and that any idea they come up with is pure gold.

Really crattey, take another look at those level ranges.

Tell me that a 150 toon stands a chance against a 200 toon. Both twinked.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Can we please get the "Unique" tag removed from anti-armor rockets? Sounds like they're usage is about to go up.
    And while you're at it, do something so NTs don't have to hotswap a cyberdeck to equip the damned things. It's one thing that people using bows etc. take ages to kill a mech, but it's another entirely that we're not allowed to nuke them.

It was never a problem with level range. The level ranges were perfectly fine. It's the monotony of the ONE battlestation map coupled with low playerbase that makes it not run.
    This.

We need
    • alternate maps for BS (better yet, dynamically generated maps like RK missions or SL missions)
    • a decon room in WTF
    • faction-based PVP playfields for Shadowlands. (The quests have helped, but the overall SL storyline is still more of a tourist/safari thing than Redeemed/Unredeemed war.)

People like you crattey, are going to kill AO. Not that FC isn't doing a fine job by themselves, but you guys certainly are helping.

You've become so enthralled by AO, that you think FC ****'s rainbows, and that any idea they come up with is pure gold.

Really crattey, take another look at those level ranges.

Tell me that a 150 toon stands a chance against a 200 toon. Both twinked.
    Is there even a point in responding to you? All you did was change my post to blahblahblah, say I love FC, and didn't respond to a single thing in my post.

You're really something else.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Thank God ... now all the TL5 'tower' twinks can level to 200 for BS and STFU.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Look, the fact is that TL5 BS works right now, its runs, and there are many dedicated players who love it, 150s still have a chance, twinks like place and so on are 150s who play competetivly against the majority of tl5 BS.

Makeing everyone either forget towers and level their 165s in order to not get facerolled in BS is silly, and costly. Also 200 twinks themselves are stupid, worthless for towers and so close to 220 that u might aswell just take the 20 sk levels and equip you 300 AI armor then.

The changes to lower lev BS is good, and might help things run, BUT ruining tl5 bs for all its dedicated players just so tl6s can get VP while they head for 220 is the worst thing FC has come up with in ages, the new tl5-6 BS is going to be a boring mini-copy of tl7 pvp and not a different pvp environment as it is now.

If tl6s are crying about not getting VP, throw em in with 220s n let em die, there gonna die anyhow and APT camp.....of hey, heres an idea? get smart and do tl5 BS BEFORE you level past 174? that so hard? and dont ruin the game for so many people.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast