Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Future tl5 BS150-200

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    what i do see is more need for cooperation between players, and less need for "lone wolf" type tactics.
    which is both a good and bad thing, and i wholeheartedly agree.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

bump for new bs lvl range, more people in bs ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    No more so than the first time you did it or anyone else has, whenever a change to the game has been made ... It's not about YOU. No one cares if you don't have time for that project. Don't do BS then.
    Troll somewhere else. I nowhere said that it is only about me, in fact I said that there are many people who share similar concern. Your replies should go through PM's, because they are the ones nobody cares. Nobody wants to read your emorage replies. Do that stuff out from public view.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Lets be realistic. In the balance aspect this change is widening the gap between s10 farmers and those few who have the time and interest to build a proper twink. Yes, it will probably get more people in the same instance, but is it worth of destroying every tl5 twink on the process?

TL5 should be considered carefully. Thousands of working hours have been spent on that title category for twinking. Im open for new changes when they are announced clearly in advance and are argumented in some other way than "Well, people can atleast participate". I want some hard facts and evidence why this change would be any good for the community.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

It doesn't and that will pit non twinked players against impossible odds.

Imo it's better to see how the new playfield fare and if it helps getting VP before merging ranges like that.

It's a difficult one really, on one hand only 150-175 and 210-220 are active, and for TL5 it's quite a pit stop, on the other hand going at any of these level ranges early as a newcommer seeking VP for his equipment will look like a painful purgatory.

Imo : 20-50 (that'll be twinkland anyway), 50-80, 100-150, 150-190, 190-210, 210-220
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

150-189, anything higher will be just ridiculous

and its nice to see no official response from FC so far, well done guys
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    Troll somewhere else. I nowhere said that it is only about me, in fact I said that there are many people who share similar concern. Your replies should go through PM's, because they are the ones nobody cares. Nobody wants to read your emorage replies. Do that stuff out from public view.
    The emorage is all you ... didn't you start this thread? Anyways, your concerns are ridiculous to say the least. Basically, your message is to not change anything, because any change is a cause to re-twink a good twink. And yes, at some point, you were talking about how you didn't have time to do it, so yes, you were talking about you.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    and its nice to see no official response from FC so far, well done guys
    The official response was already given to you in the FWM ... Do you see any point in Means repeating it, just so you can ignore it and emo some more? I don't.

If they leave the ranges as they are, many veterans (including me) will stop playing this game. Thats for sure.

can i have your stuff?
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

"Quit = emorage" sympton is quite strong in you. We are not talking about your puperty issues Obtena.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

TL5 should be considered carefully. Thousands of working hours have been spent on that title category for twinking. Im open for new changes when they are announced clearly in advance and are argumented in some other way than "Well, people can atleast participate". I want some hard facts and evidence why this change would be any good for the community.

1) More people to farm for you.
    2) New challenge, instead of the same OP profs ganking everyone
    3) People will be more open to a new start - rather than trying to get into tl5 pvp which is ridiculous as it is at the moment.
    4) Hopefully people like you will quit - which will be good for the game.
    5) FC is now considering everyone and not just giving the hardcore pvp forum community what it wants. Feedback from forums is probably less than 5% of AO's population.
    6) More profs can participate and be useful. MP's anyone? (after rebalance obvs)
    7) It fits in with the 150-200 AI field.
    8) Promotes team play, less of this doc+OP prof combination or lonewolf ganking.
    9) Although you've spent "thousands" of hours making a tl5 pvp char, sometimes things just need to be reset back to 0. We've spent millions of years evolving - then the earth decides to have an ice age? WTF? Yeah it needs to be done - to allow for weaknesses to be eliminated and growth to continue. Otherwise you're stuck in a rut. Like the tl5 rut.

If you think you're the only one who's worked hard on a TL5 toon, or that its some unfair justice to you - You're wrong. Im speakin from a tl5 pvp toon owner too - this change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    1) More people to farm for you.
    2) New challenge, instead of the same OP profs ganking everyone
    3) People will be more open to a new start - rather than trying to get into tl5 pvp which is ridiculous as it is at the moment.
    4) Hopefully people like you will quit - which will be good for the game.
    5) FC is now considering everyone and not just giving the hardcore pvp forum community what it wants. Feedback from forums is probably less than 5% of AO's population.
    1. Well, it depends how many people plan on making real 200 twinks. If quite a few, I think we'll see the same problems of BS not running during certain times.

2. There will be new/the same "OP profs" ganking everyone, made at level 200.

3. What do you mean, "getting into tl5 pvp"? The expenses of armor, etc? Because that won't change - it'll still be expensive to outfit a twink. I don't see how it'll be any easier for people that thought it was hard before this change.

4. I don't think anyone quitting is good at this point... with no real reason for an influx of new people on the near horizon, I think that retaining the player base FC has is the best thing to do.

5. Considering everyone? Was there really a huge outcry for BS 175-200? I never saw a lot of people complaining about it - they could just get it before they level or later down the road. Changing a huge aspect of TL5 pvp for some leveling toons that would be fine with planning is ridiculous imo.

Seems like all this is just a band-aid fix to certain aspects of BS and/or a change to remove the limelight from other work that's not being finished. Why can't the focus be on other things first, then make new changes down the road. Too much at once.

Many people will just level their twinks up to lvl 200. There are not many people interested in NW and even fewer people doing it. It would be nice to have a twink for both pvm and pvp. Ill level some of mine altho im not sure which.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

174 twinks really never made much sense to me since I don't like waiting at bs for hours for it to start sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing a larger range there. As was said most people will just be lvling their 174s to 200 and be done with it. I don't like the current ranges that much but I wouldn't mind some change to the current system. Pvmers/lowbies will get destroyed regardless of where they go just apt/avt.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

With the exception of a a few lucky setup/prof choices, 150 players as they are arent competitive with 160-174 twinks as it is. The only difference to the people dying in 4secs to Cobra agents stunning you from sneak, will be that the agent can now be 199. Or the trader that lands both drains first time through 1.1k NR at full def will kill you slightly faster, or the enf will have slightly more AR and special damage...etc etc. PVMers already dont like tl5 bs because its just the same people who spent 2 bil on gear farming them over and over. The only change will be the new BSs will run more often. In fact, the 150 s10 toons may find a fun fight with the s7 toons.

I have a 74 doc with around 600 duels done on him, and theres nothing I want more than for some reason to retwink him to try a new perk/level range/item that the rebalance will offer, because honestly PvP on him got pretty old. Same with my tl7 engy, timezone restrictions removed most NWs and city PvP consisted of being mobbed by 10 people. I am looking forward to the changes, because maybe there will be a reason to change something/play again. You might find a few of the neglected classes may be more competitive at lvl 200 too, bringing more variety to BS.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

The official response was already given to you in the FWM ... Do you see any point in Means repeating it, just so you can ignore it and emo some more? I don't.
    no theres not, not on any of the 20 pages of comments in last fwm, theres no reply at all from means nor any other official about the 150-200 range, not even a single one
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 6th, 2010 at 13:26:32.
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Omni-Tek

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    no theres not, not on any of the 20 pages of comments in last fwm, theres no reply at all from means nor any other official about the 150-200 range
    If you can't see that the FWM IS the comments from Means on the BS changes, your lacking some real understanding of how this process works. My poitn still stands .... even if you did get to argue with Means in a 20 page whine thread, you think you have some profound revelation that is going to give him that Eureka moment to change it to something else? I really doubt that ... BS isn't about towers, it's irrelevant what level your tower twinks are and I doubt they have ANY impact on how FC segregates the BS. Any argument to change BS based on 'my tower twink is level X' is a fallacy.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 6th, 2010 at 13:28:05.

"Quit = emorage" sympton is quite strong in you. We are not talking about your puperty issues Obtena.
    Sorry, when you brought out the "I Quit if I don't get my way' argument that's the emo. Best part ... you won't follow through on it. Either way, we win. See you in BS if you don't emoragequit. Looking forward to your LoR thread.

If you can't see that the FWM IS the comments from Means on the BS changes, your lacking some real understanding of how this process works. My poitn still stands .... even if you did get to argue with Means in a 20 page whine thread, you think you have some profound revelation that is going to give him that Eureka moment to change it to something else? I really doubt that ... BS isn't about towers, it's irrelevant what level your tower twinks are, blah blah blah.
    who said aything about arguing, its all about a simple explanation, did they take into account hhab/ai30/le70/300 ofabs etc, or did they just forget abou it

after all our gd forgot about 4 ppl needed to get a city raid invite before, so who knows

its all about getting some reasurrance, that they will adress those issues if this change goes trough

or at least adressing the concerns we have, even if they wont acknowledge our arguments, would be nice to be talked too with something like this incomming

its so nice when fc responds to random comment that dont have anything to do with reballance, bugs, game mechanics, or anything at all with the game, but will ignore players asking questions about an important change in game mechanics, that will have a huge influence over a certain, very popullar pvp range

and the opening post in FWM is in no way a comment, no info at al lbesides that the ranges will change, just stating something they are planning, NO COMMENT AT ALL ON IT, NO REPLYS TO CONCERNED PLAYERS

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Unfortunately we did not get a chance to complete the documentation for Crats this week...despite working on it pretty much the entire time. This is the first pet class we have touched and there is a significant amount of change and adjustment that was required and we wanted to make sure all the changes/improvements we wanted for the profession were considered carefully before they were released...unfortunately we ran out of time...but the work is going well. The document will be released to the professionals next week.

Changes to the Battlestation + PvP Open Playfield

We have been tweaking the level ranges of the battlestations to "open it up" to allow larger level ranges to participate..hopefully including ranges that did not run consistently. The new level ranges (along with removing the pet-bane "steps" around teleporters) will be coming in the next version. Players will likely not be very competitive with an average setup at the bottom of their level range...but at least they will be able to participate.

New Level ranges:

1-30
    31-60
    61-99
    100-149
    150-200
    201-220

Currently to sign up for the Battlestation you have to travel to "your" level range Sign-Up terminal...this is also being changed. The terminals are being "centralized" in a PvP signup area and the terminals that will be distributed throughout Rubi-Ka will now transport you directly to this location. Access to the new open PvP area will also be from this central location and in the same level ranges. A version of this significant change should be on TestLive next week.

(,,)

theres no comments at all in here, thats just a short info about the changes incomming, w.o at all gettin into details, or commenting on any of them

besides, what i ( and not only me ) meant and hoped for was a comment on the raised by us concerns, not a comment on his own opening post, obviously
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 6th, 2010 at 13:43:57.

Omni-Tek

See you in BS if you don't emoragequit. Looking forward to your LoR thread.
    Never heard of you.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast