Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Future tl5 BS150-200

Some weirdo put level caps on pvp ages ago, lot of people went emo and quit. Its like a government. No matter what you do, there are always people complaining.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    No matter what you do, there are always people complaining.
    Should we just allow them to sit on the forum doing it all the time? That is where unlike a government, we can intervene. A positive gamer experience means a lot.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    So according to your logic if a player does not have time, he is a bad player.

You are such an intellectual.
    Hey, if that's the extent of your understanding of what I am saying, that's no lack of intellect on my part. I do find it ironic that even though you don't have the time to retwink a character for BS, you have plenty of time to roll all the toons in your signature, plus whatever else you may have.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 7th, 2010 at 00:59:37.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    theres no comments at all in here, thats just a short info about the changes incomming, w.o at all gettin into details, or commenting on any of them

besides, what i ( and not only me ) meant and hoped for was a comment on the raised by us concerns, not a comment on his own opening post, obviously
    Well, if you think you are getting more than that just to raise some fallacious arguments, your expectations are probably much too high. Means states the motivation for the changes. Anyways, why should he care about tower PVPer's concerns regarding BS? They aren't related at all. You guys act like they throw the dice and decide what to do. I think your just being ignorant if you believe any point you raise will make them rethink this idea.

What you might get lucky though is the time it will take to implement it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 7th, 2010 at 04:40:15.

You can't reason with nonsense.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

As for tl5 issues and epeen contest imho i 0wn j00 all as long as you dont drain me, use CH, cocoon, acrobat and tms, dont kite, hide, are not NT and ... im pretty sure i could even keel Klods evade (liek wtf???) soldier if only he went afk or LD.

Back on topic: I see lvl 200 a bit to high with all those shiny things but lvl 199 could work for tl5 bs. Lvl 200 with all those research and ai lvls is just to good. There isnt a slight difference between current lvl 170 and future lvl 200. The difference is HUGE. Speaking from enforcers point of view imho it should be possible to go for 1hb setup with dread panther as main hand and whatever with sneak as offhand (or mainhand with SA + 1hb offhand as i currently do on my lvl 17x - yeah i dont give a s...t about your towers). I see no way to "adapt" for such setup (its combined with bring the pain 1hb perk action that causes a lot of whine even at tl7). It will simply instakill any tl5 that comes close enough except a soldier during tms time that could be tanked through sitting HD abuse or just ganked with some time through TMS if he doesnt use reflect bracer.

I could make other examples but conclusion can be only one:
    Lvl 200 twinks will dominate. It will be possible to kill one with a few tl5 people but 1 vs. 1 of current tl5 twinks is just rampage and by “domination” I don’t mean situation similar to current 150 vs 170 that may be even more or less fair fight as those people have same levels of research, ai lvls etc.

Im not sure why some of you tell about "lololol gimpy lvl 200 pvmers ill gnak them alll!!!11111! mhahaha". That simply isnt true. If future s7 will be worth farming in terms of money, there will be a lot of twinks that level. Damn, even if it wasnt there will be lvl 200 battlestation twinks anyway, just to gank lowbies. Every active BS has lots of max lvl twinks that dont care about towers so tl5 - tl6 will be no different. And we all know what a twink is, it isnt a casual pvmer but a character pimped out to the very borders of imagination that rapes everything around him. And they will not only kill you, its going to be a farm fest

TBH ive already checked skill emulators from enfs point of view and made an equip. Speaking from 3 years experience at tl5 i can tell you it just wont be a fair fight 1 on 1 unlike 150 vs 170 nowadays unless some items are changed a lot.

But on the other hand ... its something new.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Your whining doesn't make it nonsense. Your pissed that your uber TL5 tower twink might now be dogfood to 200 BS twinks. You should understand how that works anyways ... it's an intended function of the how level laddering works in PVP. The fact you ignore it for your benefit here shows how 'awesome' a PVPer you are.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 7th, 2010 at 17:10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    "lololol gimpy lvl 200 pvmers ill gnak them alll!!!11111! mhahaha"
    as one of those pvm'ers i remember myself just staying at my side's spawnpoint after joining bs for vp. i did not participate because it was useless and no fun... but i needed vp.
    i'm willing to do the same again to get the needed ~150k vp per character - may those twinked chars come and kill me - 30 seconds later i'm there again ready to be killed again... while watching a movie irl.

funcom, you know... actio<->reactio

Quote Originally Posted by alderwaran View Post
    as one of those pvm'ers i remember myself just staying at my side's spawnpoint after joining bs for vp. i did not participate because it was useless and no fun... but i needed vp.
    i'm willing to do the same again to get the needed ~150k vp per character - may those twinked chars come and kill me - 30 seconds later i'm there again ready to be killed again... while watching a movie irl.

funcom, you know... actio<->reactio
    YOu see, this is part of the problem ... it's not the fact that the levels differentiate who can kill who, it's the twinking. A level 200 PVM setup character is STILL going to have a difficult time killing a 150 PVP one. It's not about levels, it's about what PVP setup you are going to use.

Now, once you filter out PVMers, then yes, there is a MASSIVE difference between a 150 PVP and a 200 PVP twink ... but then again, why would anyone experienced in AO PVP expect any other outcome? It's just unreasonable.

Speaking as someone with a 150 (gimp) S10 MP for a main and less than a week of TL5 BS experience, I can kind of see where Means is coming from with "at least they can participate". I can already tell that the 2 billion credit 164-174 toons are going to insta-gank me (I doubt a 200 could send me to decon appreciably faster than one 174 agent I ran into) and I need to avoid them and that I'm competitive against other 150s and need to find them.

I get the VP I need, hide and seek can kind of be fun, and at worst I can turret up be helpful that way. I'm sure it's not as fun as being on top of the food chain, but it's a lot better than having no running BS and needing OFAB gear. I like LE missions, but they just aren't a viable VP source. While I'd prefer being in a 101-150 bracket, I'm not sure life would be too different if the rich (174) get richer (200).

Addendum: HHAB would keep me (and any other 150 nanoskill focused prof) from even annoying 200s, which would be sad. Anything wrong with a 201 lock there?

Ironic Troll is Ironic
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Oh hey Justin, glad to see you're still kickin'.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Addendum: HHAB would keep me (and any other 150 nanoskill focused prof) from even annoying 200s, which would be sad. Anything wrong with a 201 lock there?
    This would put a big dent in the prospects of many a Sector 7 twink if they lose the ability to use HHAB. I think AUNO has it patched to where HHAB will now have playshift requirements for not being in the BS playfields.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Thank you, a bit surprised someone remembers me . Was gone for several months, now back.

Playshift requirement on BS playfield seems like a much cleaner solution, pretty much perfect.

I have mixed feeling about the change, but I'm still looking forward to see how it turns out. Maybe I'll level some of my 170-174 twinks to 200, that should be fun.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    This would put a big dent in the prospects of many a Sector 7 twink if they lose the ability to use HHAB. I think AUNO has it patched to where HHAB will now have playshift requirements for not being in the BS playfields.
    Where on earth did you come up with that? I hate to say this, but is it just something you hoped for?

Auno.org shows the latest patch as 18.0.3. We are now at 18.3.12. There has been no recent change. Furthermore, the latest change, as I recall, was that it is now not possible to use HHAB together with Signet of the Apocalypse rings. That's it. No BS, if you know what I mean. So you can still use that in whatever BS you fancy as long as you're the level to use it.

Sorry for bringing you down though, it might have been a great idea. Then again, HHAB has since its inception been a really, really stupid item. Seriously, you get 15-35% more of a really really important stat with one silly ring that is level locked?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Woops ><;

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Woops ><;
    nda whoops?
    rather then playshift i'd want the 500nr deleted from the ring. pvp-wise every profession should have the nano vulnerability they were intended to have and pvm... well has anyone ever evaded a nanoattack of anya, notum profundis, a swamp bitch, beast...?

I countered nukes from regular aliens, so rather playshift requirements than removed NR buffing.

Quote Originally Posted by alderwaran View Post
    nda whoops?
    No, I misinterpreted the AUNO description of HHAB.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Then again, HHAB has since its inception been a really, really stupid item. Seriously, you get 15-35% more of a really really important stat with one silly ring that is level locked?
    Gonna bump this, as one of my hope with rebalancing would be making the NR policy a tad bit coherent.

I mean, for exemple, SL is released, and NTs get 53% Nr checking nukes (which at the time could be translated in -1kish NR for defender, nowadays, must be closer to -1,2k NR). First wtf.

At the same time, they release Notum repulsor. Its first days were prolly rarely higher than +300 NR, but today it's a lot more common to see NR2 builds, so +800, when it's just not a setup of its own to be NR8). Second wtf.

Then a few weeks later when the first bada$$ highbies reach Inferno, HHAB starts to spread with its + 500 NR. Third wtf.

A year or more later, CB and its kids lands in AO. -1k/-3k NR. Fourth wtf.

And most recently, rage gets a + 400 NR buff, not counting procs. Fifth wtf.

Really, you gotta wonder why NR has always been considered as something that needed to be moved with huge and silly numbers.

Now, an innocent question : am I the only one thinking it would have made a lot more sense
    - giving nukes a 90% check at best
    - making NR a reasonable perkline that could be a full part of a persistent setup
    - dividing by at least 5 HHAB's buff, or perhaps giving more professions light blue/green NR
    - limit CB & Co to about 200 or 300 NR debuff
    - and give rage decent mods instead of hugely lolstatic ones?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast