Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Line of Sight & Blinds

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Wait a minute, it's not like you can't root someone, and blind that person.. right?
    I mentioned CC because blinds used to work in BS like they should always had in the past,aka : no mini map, gogo headless chicken. So in BS, it was in a way a Cc tool.

Since Albatraun, I can literally stuff my blinds up my waste thrower against anyone who had 50m to spend at some point to buy the LRs of the Vision units, which makes pretty much every average PvPer with a clue. Once in a while, you have an oddball who considers he can't sacrifice 40 or 70 AR to avoid 60% or 110% of the time a 249/499 AAO debuff, it's true. But this particular branch of humankind should be getting overwhelmed by Homo Sapiens any time soon.

As for roots, well, they were average tools so far, useless against some, dead OP vs others, and I will make the guess they are getting nerfed in every possible way in the rebalance.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

True true Sethis..

But often what you see is that people can't afford to wear both those resist items. Cause if they do they gimp themselves.

For roots...I've kept soldiers rooted in BS from beginning to end. Nothing they could do, except die and be rooted again as soon as they would come out of decon.

So it's not like you guys at least can't try to root someone before he/she hugs the whompah.

But I agree.. if you are in battle.. face it.. zoning should not be possible imo.

Whats really awsome is the other day I got ganked by a trox agent with MR up. Before I knew it i was in decon but before decon tick could heal me the agents execute perk hit me and I died again (while in decon). So no this isnt just an nt issue and every class "benifits" from it to some extent.

I'm kind of tired of posters such as yourself. When you want something specific for Enforcers, and you spam a gazillion of channels what is it called?

Why is the OP a QQer, while yourself have been whining over the recent Enforcer changes all over the forums??

People are entitled to have their own opinion and perception of the game, and guess what? It might be different from yours.

Bump for the OP, being able to cast something on someone that is no longer in your LOS is stupid at best.
    Ocene, don't be dumb ... look at the message FC has been giving us for the last say ... year. These things are getting nerfed. Making QQ posts about it is rather stupid, considering.

And the caster is not outside of LOS. Anyone that has played AO for more than 5 minutes in PVP knows you can't cast hostiles if you can't see the target.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Ocene, don't be dumb ... look at the message FC has been giving us for the last say ... year. These things are getting nerfed. Making QQ posts about it is rather stupid, considering.

And the caster is not outside of LOS. Anyone that has played AO for more than 5 minutes in PVP knows you can't cast hostiles if you can't see the target.
    FC said a lot of things in the past year....

until I can touch them, I won't believe they are there.

I mean, where's the Veteran account with 2 months of pre-pay? And where's my ability to put my doc or engi into a vet account?

I mean, where's the Veteran account with 2 months of pre-pay? And where's my ability to put my doc or engi into a vet account?
    The veteran account with 2months pre-paid is here. Character transfer between accounts isn't here yet.

Create a Veteran Account
    This service will create a new Veteran Account for Anarchy Online.

It works by creating a new account under this account with the name you have specified. The new account will get 60 days of included gametime, all expansions, veteran months and preorder items copied from the existing account. The existing account also retains these items.

Note: The new account will take up to 10 minutes to be available.
    Also: Gametime and paid points for this account are separate from your existing account. Paid points and remaining gametime are not copied over.

Go!
    Cost: 2000 points.
    Edit: Congratulations, Ocene, in derailing a thread about LOS into something about account schemes. It does truly take an expert. And silly me for biting on it.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 4th, 2010 at 21:58:58.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well, you can side with the OP, argue for stuff that FC said is being changed (and can see being changed in the documentation releases) and look stupid in the process .... or have a reasonable viewpoint that in some time, these things they said they would do will happen.

It's easy to say if you can't see something, it's not there, but when your eyes aren't open to see anything in the first place, that's just being ignorant.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 4th, 2010 at 22:02:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well, you can side with the OP, argue for stuff that FC said is being changed (and can see being changed in the documentation releases) and look stupid in the process .... or have a reasonable viewpoint that in some time, these things they said they would do will happen.

It's easy to say if you can't see something, it's not there, but when your eyes aren't open to see anything in the first place, that's just being ignorant.
    No. The only thing that looks stupid to me, is you claiming that something is QQ, in this particular thread.....while in all the other threads where you are active..there are no QQers there are only Enforcers that need love.

No. The only thing that looks stupid to me, is you claiming that something is QQ, in this particular thread.....while in all the other threads where you are active..there are no QQers there are only Enforcers that need love.
    The OP is wrong and where he isn't wrong, it's already being addressed in the balancing and obvious from the information we have access to so far. That's just QQ and ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    Use them while they're still available, it shan't last long. Do not tell me about blinding Perks, lawl.
    Blinding perks are the things that need a nerf :/

Not really, there's justified complaint and needless whining. Blinds ARE crap (this is why they are being nerfed), but the LOS whine has no benefit as explained earlier, you still need LOS to cast nukes, the same way youneed LOS for AS/Fullauto/Perks/Anythingatallintheentiregame
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yeah blinds really do need a nerf, the -AAO part can stay but the black screen duration has to be at most 5s or something.

Agreed.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I have got to say that I disagree quite strongly with the OP, a NT who has to spend 2-4 seconds casting his damage shouldn't be so easily kited... I mean imagine a fight between a fixer and NT if the Nt's spell was cancelled once the fixer was out of range or LOS..

I bet you the NT wouldn't get off 1 cast that's not instant ^^ unless he can root the fixer for a good period of time (which is unlikely)...

Why should it be so easy to kite away from everything? I mean what else can you not just kite / run away from... Thank god something still sticks!

As for blinds yea, blinds are abit over the top.. :s
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Honestly, I think that hostile nanoprogram mechanics should change, but only a bit. I mean, they should not be cancelled if target is getting out of LoS, but should somehow be put "on hold", so if target reappears in LoS once again while nano is on pause - then nano is getting instantly casted on specific target, similar to special attacks ranged professions use.

Make simple comparsion over here... Fixer hugs LoS - and becomes unavailable to fire his specials before getting into LoS with target again.. NT starts casting nano, fixer hugs LoS, nano still lands, no matter where NT and fixer are. Basically, it's a bit unfair, if we compare damage dealing process as it is, plus if we'll add damage it deals.
    Of course, some may say that nanoprograms is the only way NT can deal damage.. Well, except perks ofc.. While other profs have both, weapon and nano damage. But, take into consideration, that noone can deal just as much damage with instant damage dealing method as NT does using triple.

And no, it's not a "QQ" thread over here, its just a simple comparsion between 2 "ranged" professions and the ways they attack others.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Tbh, the question will be even less relevant after the balancing, with LE nukes out of the picture and Nt's casting being a lot more reliant on cooldowns and lockouts than on att/recharge mechanics.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

I actually think that if you are under attack, you shouldn't be able to soft-zone through whompas.
    ok, but remove APT in BS ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12