Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite memory from Anarchy Online?

There is far too much to choose from. :/
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

West Athen PvP.... my favorite city is now deserted most of the time

Ingots too, always made so much drama for NT's haha

More recently though, when I dinged 220 on my NT (my first char) just last month, was a great feeling to get to the end after leveling so slowly for almost 5 years
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Red face

And borgs souping drama?

Beautiful days!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Doing an inferno mission with a team and spotting a lot of red dots on the map... thinking, hmm, SQ has left us some leets... then opening the door and seeing this. There were a few other such incidents... and many other fun memories, testlive can be quite quite mad some days And sometimes the bugs bring their own hilarity... such as this
    Ah yes.. inferno missions on test server...

Oh no
    This one didn't sing...
    Toasted
    Awww... can we keep it? Please?

But just hanging around in ICC is interesting too

Ow
    I didn't see that..
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

On RK2 rolling the subway with Drifterella.

On RK1 meeting Rolecall while on my little fixer and joining The Mockers which is the sole reason I even went to RK1.

Majorl on his twink Wizzfizz placing a tracer in the middle of an omni rally and evac'ing back to HQ, launching the OS himself, killing 40-50 odd omnis in one strike. I have a screenie somewhere on my home PC - most epic OS strike ever made by a single player.

Edit:
    Here's the screenshot: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/scrn0046.png

I found the screenie on Sparta-forum and it's from december 2008 when clan took the last of Shadowguards fields.
    Last edited by Avari; Sep 20th, 2010 at 10:13:35.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

My favorite memories seem to all revolve around talking with great friends (miss you Dirk/Obs, Sam, and Oshi) while either sitting on the PC Raiders rooftop or while out leveling. Regardless of the activity, GSP was always on

My fav one is teh stuff that happened between me and one GM back in the 2009.
    Noone remembers it now for real, but it was really nervous, fun and damn unique thing to happen.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Oh, I'm pretty sure a lot of us remember it. It caused some new GM/ARK standards to be set... or at least that is what they said would happen because of it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Are we talking about the "striptease"?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

One of my many favorite memories in AO is the old outdoor heat effect in inferno that was removed back in 2006. There were times I used to just find a safe spot and watch the animation.

I logged many a marathon session killing tiigs at tiun with that heat effect.

I actually still keep a copy of the old fx script that had the animation info in it and fire it up once in a while just to see the effect again, though with the changes to outdoor inferno it only actually looks right for me in the clan inferno garden these days.

It also has the neat side effect of restoring the grass that used to cover the garden in addition to the heat animation ;D.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    I actually still keep a copy of the old fx script that had the animation info in it and fire it up once in a while just to see the effect again, though with the changes to outdoor inferno it only actually looks right for me in the clan inferno garden these days.
    Would you mind sharing that? I always thought it was completely removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    When I watched phaz do this:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...a/scrn0225.png

And this is why I'm wholly convinced that kiting is bad for the game.
    :O thats me!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Aimed shot to me is not "I'm running in circles and I'm dressed like a big effing slobbering dog with two heads and I can't barely tell my ass from my face and I can see through walls but I can't hold a gun, but I can stop for a half second and aim out my ass at you and pop you for 10k PVP damage because FC thinks two headed dogs are cute and I'm an advy, why don't you just give me your PVP points because you'll never kill me even with a zerg"

My favourite moments happened when I was a froob back then.
    With a couple of friends we wanted to do Broken Shores missions. Unfortunately we were 7 so it was a huge drama who should be left out of the fun. After agreeing, the unlucky person /ragelogged. Then we started buffing in the first room. Someone accidentally opened the door pulling in an MA mob, which slaughtered half of the team. One more /ragelogged.
    Then some of us got impatient and after buffing we went out of the room to start killing. However somebody went to a different room and pulled a mob too strong for him and started training us. We fled that room and rushed back to the starting room. There a lvl 250ish rollerrat waited for us which was trained by yet another member by ninjaing a box. We were wiped out.
    After rebuffing we finally started the mish, and it went fine until the 2nd lift. We shouted "hold on don't rush into the camera" yet someone aggroed the camera which popped 5 balls. 2 died instantly, the others fell back, but in our back a rollerrat was waiting which was trained by the same person who did it the first time. We were wiped out once more.
    After laughing, crying and arguing we finally rebuffed ground or way to the boss. We agreed to go up, but some were afk and some others have seen this and didn't go up eventually, only the poor doc did. We found his body spinning as we got up.
    After further waiting we finally killed the boss. Right before mish complete one member (a metaphysicist) opened a box and because he didn't IP bodydev, he got instakilled by the explosion. A second later the mish was completed and the guy didn't get any XP. We laughed or asses off.

Good times :')
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Good Old Days.

I miss the good old days were u had to gather a team and go do CAMA/GALAHAD raids in pen and inf temples in order to get any faction increase at all....i miss kiting ely hecks for ingots, only to have an agent gank you and remove ur entire inventry of back packs....i miss spending countless hours at the bottom of the ramp near ITHAKI waiting and waiting to get on an inferno heck team, then spend even more countless hours rock bashing just to see your XP bar move 1 bubble...Ado hecks were also rarely seen back then cause if you got pissed at waiting for so long for inf hecks, you smashed those rocks instead...in essence i miss having to work at your char to feel some sort of achievement with the amount of effort you have put into them....these days ppl roll/lvl/complete inside 1-2 months, and if you asked them for a buff they should of used at lvl 195 ish...they says "WTF is that ???"...lol....I personally enjoy a challenge, its that attraction that encouraged me to play in the 1st place along with 1000's of other ppl....today this game breeds selfish, knowledgeless chars, things are over b4 u can say..."ummm whats next to do on my list"....bring back the good old days.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those that can count...and those that cannot.

My best memories.....

Somewhere around the year 2003 cause me started with ao there.

My dad had a big atrox soldier and me was playing a enforcer. That was a very cool time.

The DNW server had enough ppl and you even get a team at midnight.

I started earlier with roleplaying then my dad but it was a great time with the gamigos.
    Cyborg attacks on Tir, meetings in the CoT tower.... okay we didn´t have much roleplayers on DNW but it was still the best ao time for me.

So much funny and crazy event ideas....

The launch of shadowlands was also great. The first time I´ve started there with my shade..... such a great feeling to explore the unknown....

I still miss the heckler ingots.... it was such a great idea for making money :-/

....and today?

Hmmm.... now we have Means and his team. Many many changes in AO, rebalance, the new engine, pvp ranges..... lets say: AO has a great and interesting future!

Couldn´t make it better and I really love this guys!

*is really happy about AO*
    Last edited by Nanowolf; Sep 29th, 2010 at 17:44:43.

I have to say my most interesting and fun moment in Anarchy Online would have to be on the Test community, getting to spend most of my time with Funcom employees and Advisors of Rubika really makes testlive a great place to spend my time relaxing, yes ofcourse as Suicidal and Darkbane posted pictures those are fun moments
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Azama View Post
    You were low enough to get into the subway and get exp from the mobs while still critting for 4k+?!!! And all your implants were right hands? That must have been waaaaaaay back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Loved it to see the Alium Mothership finally crash down... Or it was just my graphics being crap :P

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9559/error02pr8.jpg

My fave AO memory...

Back during Halloween of '08, when Tauriel was a froob and new to AO, I had been selling concrete cushions and treatment rifles to raise startup funds on her. Clicksaver was my friend and so was the mission terminals nearest to whompahs in OA.

So there I was, 2nd week or so in game and doing "mission terminal huggation and blitzing" + "WTS-ing said blitzed stuff" ... this player came along and said "Hi there... ". Long story cut short, in essence, he sorta gave me a GA1 nano (which was greatly useful to me), taught me lots of essential skills on how to be a good fixer and player in general and became a really good friend of mine.

He is just a memory now thou. I miss that guy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast