Page 1 of 25 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: AO Fan Gathering! Oslo, Norway - Sept. 11th!

Funcom employee AO Fan Gathering! Oslo, Norway - Sept. 11th!

Anarchy Online Fan Gathering 2010!

We on the Anarchy Online team would like to invite all of our players to come and hang with us in Oslo Norway on September 11th, 2010!

On Saturday, Sept. 11th, we will be hosting a small gathering of the AO playerbase, with a brief tour of the AO office, a Q&A session with the development team, and ending up with drinking down at our favourite pub The Dubliner. Come see the office, chat with the devs, hang out, drink, and have an all-around awesome time!

Again, the party starts on Sept. 11th - More details on exact time/meeting locations/etc. will be posted in this thread as we get closer to the date.

IMPORTANT! REGISTRATION SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED! If you have not RSVP'd to the previously-provided email by now, we CANNOT guarantee you entrance to the Funcom offices! All of age 20 or older are invited to attend the later portion of the gathering at The Dubliner Folk Pub, however, without need for RSVPing.

Getting an accurate head count is very important so we ask that we are notified of all attendees. We cannot guarantee entry to the FC offices if you have not RSVP'd, so remember to let us know you are coming by emailing the above address.

Feel free to use this thread as a meeting place to discuss showing up, meeting up, and any other arrangements you may wish to chat about. We hope to see you there!

Edit: Please send your email in English. These all go to me, and I'm afraid I don't speak anything other than that.

Party's over!! If anyone has any pictures/video from the gathering, please send an email to ao-rsvp@anarchy-online.com with links!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Funcom employee

Ok, so here's the deal. As you guys may know we're unfortunately not going to be at DragonCon this year - This is a real shame as DC has always been our big 'fan gathering' party, where we get to hang out with all the players and drink excessive amounts of alcohol while stumbling around downtown Atlanta trying to figure out which damn hotel we were staying in (good times, good times).

The September month has always been a little hectic on that front, however, because usually directly after DragonCon is over the ARK volunteer group *also* has a gathering here in Norway - It was actually one of these parties where I first came to Oslo, totally a blast.

Means and I were chatting outside over a smoke on Friday and started lamenting that we wouldn't be able to have the fan gathering at DC this year... so we thought why not bring a bit of the party to us? The annual ARK gathering is happening on the 11th this year, and since it's a good time to open up our doors and let our hair down a bit we figured we might as well see if any of you guys wanted to show up as well. It's a bit last-minute and a little late notice, but we figure we can get a few folks over to hang none-the-less.

This will be a fairly low-key affair on all fronts, but you guys will get to see the AO offices (including sneak peeks at new stuff incoming to the game), sit down for a chat/Q&A with most of the members of the development team (can't promise *everyone* will be there, but we'll certainly try), and then we'll head down to The Dubliner for drinking, hanging, shooting pool (come get your *** handed to you by Parsed!) and in general having a good time.

Again, I know this is all rather last minute and that'll keep a lot of people from being able to come rather than if they'd had more notice. I wish we'd thought about this earlier, honestly, but a lot of convention plans have been up in the air until recently so we weren't really sure what our schedule would be like. None-the-less we encourage everyone to show up who can, and for you guys that can drop by it should be a pretty good time. Really hope to see some of you here. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

1st!

EDIT: Chat log please, i want to see all those ETA question answers :P, maybe video of party also for those who are not so lucky to be able to come
    Last edited by Neosh1; Aug 16th, 2010 at 13:25:38.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

What an awesome excuse to have a party! Wish I was further south in Norway at that time, I'd definitely be there! Still some time tho, so I still might.
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

i hate you !

(gimme a ticket from Lisbon to Norway )

I'll be there. Can't drink, though (driving)...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    EDIT: Chat log please, i want to see all those ETA question answers :P, maybe video of party also for those who are not so lucky to be able to come
    I'm going to do what I can to make arrangements to have the Q&A session taped, but if anyone coming wants to bring along a video camera they're welcome to record it themselves as well. =) Note: We will not be allowing photography/recording inside the main office areas, just for the Q&A session.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Will ofcourse try my best to be there, to annoy the most people

//Xan

What a nice date you picked

Wish I had some of my summer holidays saved up, would have proved an ideal excuse for a week-long bike trip from Finland to Norway and back the long way...
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Couldn't you have announced it the day before or something? Now I'm gonna be so excited for the rest of the month...

:P

wow this is will be the first time i can meet peoples from AO i'll come
    Last edited by solitus41; Aug 16th, 2010 at 15:36:44.

wish i could come but i got a marriage in family the same day.

hope we'll have some viddies/pixes/logs to see what happenned during this meeting !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I should ask work to move the conferecne that weekend from Bergen to Oslo.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

whens the american party????, you know u all want to come to NY City for a few days
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Fabulous idea! Sorry I won't be able to make it but I think it is really great that you guys are willing to do this for your fans!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

How bout one in your Montreal offices oh say October.. maybe around the 24th would be a killer suprise bday party for me ;P Hope someone records the Q&A session for youtube will be nice to see all the faces of the people behind the game trying to stammer out a answer for where the Atrox keep getting the cabbage.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Ten years an hour away from the main HQ, and i never even seen it.. However i remember our old pres in DoOT used to run past there for some party effects when we held org parties. Guess this is it! I simply just have to come... ^-^

Darlyn 125/2 nanomage doctor

Life's not that bad. You just have to die to see it.

So what time on 11th of September is the party starting?
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Sneak previews? I'm there.

Will there be t-shirt drama?

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast