Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 10th, 2010 - How many people are coming here???!?!

So about the vet accounts, will it be necessary to keep both accounts active to play at least one of them? What if one of them goes frozen?
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Could you plz go drown yourself somewhere no one will hear you? Thx.
    dai omni dai
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

One potential negative to consolidating all accounts under the same registration login is that if hackers crack it, they stand to gain access to all the accounts at once - no longer does hacking one account only lose that account.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I bet I will get married (IRL) sooner then the new game engine gets released.
    Oh dear gods no, the Klodpocalypse is not something we are prepared for!
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    One potential negative to consolidating all accounts under the same registration login is that if hackers crack it, they stand to gain access to all the accounts at once - no longer does hacking one account only lose that account.
    Thats why you should keep the website and game passwords seperate.

Sure its not 100% protection, but its certainly better than nothing.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

As for the character transfers, as I read the info on the registration pages, I could move chars not just from the 'template/master' account that a veteran account had been created from to said vet account - but also from other accounts that have equal or lesser sets of expansions. And that in doing so, I could effectively raise the vet points available to spend on those just-moved chars to that of the target account (assuming the target account had more vet points).

Ex:
    1) Start with 6 yr old master account
    2) Create vet account
    (clones expansions and vet points, but not paid points)
    3) Transfer char from a younger account (but which has same expansions as master/vet accounts) to the new veteran account.

Now the newly-transferred char has more vet points than they did while residing on their 'origin' account.

I could conceivably move a fr00b char from a fr00b account to the vet account and said char also suddenly has expansions.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

4th page woot!!!

Some of the comments we're getting in here indicates there's a large amount of Justin Bieber fans playing AO.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Thats why you should keep the website and game passwords seperate.

Sure its not 100% protection, but its certainly better than nothing.
    Yes and we strongly encourage people to use that feature!

Also its important to use a unique password you don't use anywhere else for your game and billing password.

We work hard to make sure your account data is kept safe and we're lucky that you are all so tech savvy.
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    Yes and we strongly encourage people to use that feature!

Also its important to use a unique password you don't use anywhere else for your game and billing password.

We work hard to make sure your account data is kept safe and we're lucky that you are all so tech savvy.

Yes, but the point was that the registration pages actually has an option for people to use a single unified password for accounting and all account game logins. Why put such a thing there?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Lies, the offices are 0% gas!
    Considering this was another disappointment of a FWM, they damn sure should be.

I'm getting really close to freezing my account when the sub is up, and not planning to resub until something is happening with all these promises. Gets old fast fellas.

IB4 Good riddance, or some crap like that.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

And then you'll have a bunch of mini-Klods running around? Adorable
    Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Considering this was another disappointment of a FWM, they damn sure should be.

I'm getting really close to freezing my account when the sub is up, and not planning to resub until something is happening with all these promises. Gets old fast fellas.

IB4 Good riddance, or some crap like that.
    Here here!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Here here!
    Here here here here here too!

...or something
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Merging two of my froob accounts, wish me luck!

EDIT: Weird, it failed. My other (non-main) froob account says it has an incorrect password. When I log in to my main account, I can switch over and it works fine, but I can't log in directly to the second account.

EDIT 2: Stranger and stranger. I reset the password, and even the new Funcom-generated password won't let me log in on my second froob account. Note that this is only on the account page, in-game is still and has always been fine.

EDIT 3: "The server register.funcom.com at Zope requires a username and password." My second froob account always gets this window when I try to log directly in to it on the account page. My username/password combo does not work for it, even after a reset. Is this why my account merge failed?
    Last edited by MisterBishop; Sep 10th, 2010 at 20:59:09. Reason: update
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Yes, but the point was that the registration pages actually has an option for people to use a single unified password for accounting and all account game logins. Why put such a thing there?
    Unlike some other interesting security flaws, people can actually avoid this one if they wish.. and save money too.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    And then you'll have a bunch of mini-Klods running around? Adorable
    Sadly, no. I have a lot of 2 cm high steps in my house. They will probably get stuck on them.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Sadly, no. I have a lot of 2 cm high steps in my house. They will probably get stuck on them.
    /thread

lol!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Hah. This almost makes this thread worth looking at
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Congrats!!!!1111oneoneoneeleeeven

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    In that case, we can expect the clear text password and login that is handled by client.exe and readily visible not only to the user in taskmanager but also to any other software running on that computer, to be encrypted as soon as possible? My hat goes off to the code wizards at funcom!
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBishop View Post
    Merging two of my froob accounts, wish me luck!

EDIT: Weird, it failed. My other (non-main) froob account says it has an incorrect password. When I log in to my main account, I can switch over and it works fine, but I can't log in directly to the second account.

EDIT 2: Stranger and stranger. I reset the password, and even the new Funcom-generated password won't let me log in on my second froob account. Note that this is only on the account page, in-game is still and has always been fine.

EDIT 3: "The server register.funcom.com at Zope requires a username and password." My second froob account always gets this window when I try to log directly in to it on the account page. My username/password combo does not work for it, even after a reset. Is this why my account merge failed?
    There are two passwords:

1. The Game Password, is the default when you attempt to change it. This is the password you use to log ingame

2. The Billing Password, this is the account management password, it's also the one required (I believe) to merge accounts.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast