Thread: Possible Idea for MP Balance

Possible Idea for MP Balance

Alright, now im not entirely sure exactly what its like to play an MP. It is one of the few professions i've never gone past 30~ with.

However.. Here's a possible idea for balance.

I think people's issue with MP's, they probably feel like they die alot without using Zset, and they probably feel like they kill nothing without Tigress.

So, one of their core tools is NSD.

What would be the repercussions of adding a few perks that do a decent bit of damage, not great, but decent that check the MP's nano skills vs. the Enemies nano skills by 150% (essentially always landing when NSD'd, and never landing when not).

..Not my best suggestion.. dont know much about em.. but im thinking..

Criticism?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Interesting, though it would have to come with a modification of NSD/eNSD, so that it becomes a bit more reliable than it is now. I believe it will become a lot more competitive after rebalancing (imo, lower NR check, 10s duration and 30s cooldown).
    Also, Nano Doctorate NSD removers should be toned down. As it is now, it's way to easy for the profs NSD is needed against to get rid of it (provided they have ND perked ofc).
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Idk much about mp's either but tbh I think getting pets to work the way they are supposed to would be a great first step.

Personaly id like to see mp's doing more with summond weps myself, but thats just me and I don't play mp atm any way so

that would really help SoZ users, but won't help bow MPs at all. And this will put SoZ setup even further away in comparison with bow/other weapons, making SoZ setup probably the only viable (which already is, to some extent).
    SoZ MPs and bow/other weapons need more dmg output (maybe bow dmg in pvp is good, but this isn't going to stay since they'll nerf AS), through a fix of pets/perks, and bow MPs need something to survive, as probably will SoZ (but less) is even SS will get nerfed.
    DtN and damage to pets are good ideas but both need to come with a
    -rework of pets (they need to be difficult to kill, not easy or medium, reliable and very high dmg output, since they will be our only weapon)
    -rework of defences
    -rework of nanos

wishlist is already well written, even if I think wishlist aren't much of help when FC doesn't listen much
    Last edited by -LL-; Sep 11th, 2010 at 15:13:05.
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

It's an interesting idea though... using nanoskills debuffs to reduce defence checks on a type of attack.

You'd have to go for something like 25% MC/TS/PM/SI/MM/BM as def check to total 150%, because many professions will put virtually nothing into some of their nanoskills, so using a single skill would leave them wide open and dominates would be too powerful. Even then, some users will have very weak defences - e.g. NR users. And also MIMQ is going to have an effect of course with its 150 debuff to all nanoskills.

On the whole, I'd say that it would be preferable to see some NR debuffing available rather than have a specific perk line (costing perk points) with perks that are really only useable when you land NSD. It would be better if the existing perks that check against NR land better - as well as the hostile nanos that form much of the MP's active defence.

X

Clever Marine, it's clever. NSD just needs a bit more chances though.

Edit: what Sethis said.
    Last edited by Ocene; Sep 11th, 2010 at 15:55:23.

Then why not something a bit akin to NT's added benefits of pre-casting SI before using DM/SL nukes?

Like, having NSD landing as a prerequisite for a set of nano based specials doing damage and/or debuffs?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

That's a better implementation idea. Still not sure that it's something that MPs would really want though...

X

meh.

im just taking guesses here, got lots of ideas and nobody to listen to em. its just one of em
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

So how many seconds do we survive infront of every class trying to cast NSD with no blockers.

Even try it with our fellow pet users, you will get mowed down in seconds v a crat/engi.

We need better STATIC def. DTN/DT Pet, hell maybe even better healing than a fixer with 4.2k static def eh?
    Still here

@ CryFreeman: Well... the MP stuff announced did include DtN, DtP, improved heal pet and even potentially an emergency nano along the lines of Take the Bullet (but better hehe). Change is, as they say, afoot.

@Marine: I like the innovation of the idea and I like that it thinks outside the box. I'm just not really sure that it's addressing the issues that MPs actually have right now. Also, the perk change docs have seen some better perks for MPs and with AAD no longer being added to NR def checks and nano combat perks getting NR checks, there's already movement on the perk strength in the balance documentation.

X

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Change is, as they say, afoot.
    .......eventually

what id like as a tl5-tl7 mp

::More hp on belamorte or maybe some decent evades on it?::
    (any decent tl5 twink can alpha it , yes ALPHA it)

::a better heal pet then the lvl 207::
    (still gets alphad by all 220s and heals for crap, 3K heal maybe? and a small AOE side heal)

::more AR on our tiig::
    (compared to other pet classes wich have 2 pets... its ar is to low , give us a lvl 220 AAO buff adding 1K AAO to upgrade our 500 AAO buff)

::a tl7 nuke/debuff nuke , and maybe improved dominated (-325 each) ::
    (traders can out drain us and draining nanoskills is our job ;(((( we dont get any improved nanos after RK dominates)

:: fix perks checking nano ar , so they dont check our gay weapon ar::
    (tl5 mp not landing conc cuz he uses shield is lame)

we have NR and deff buffs for out pets (dont think other classes have that) why not give mp pets REAL evades , so "gimps" will miss them from time to time and maybe be unable to perk them ;O

exp: our 220 pets haveing 2500 deff fully buffed
    Last edited by X-Styx-X; Sep 12th, 2010 at 08:50:30.
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

why must all profs a ubar Def and a ubar Off like NM NTs?? Why cant gives profs with only ubar off but not a good def and profs with a good def but not with a good off?? this is for me balancing... what MPs help is a improvment of the Pets.. not so easy to kill... FA, burst, 2-3 norm hits and heal pet are down... thats sucks... more dd perks bring only more epeen solo kills on the BS... let us wait what FC do with SS and then let us discuse what MPs helped

Mps got lots debuffs but nothing stops ppl from just alpha us. maybe adding little aao debuff on dd debuffs too. wrath like -25, 45s duration dd debuff -50aao and 10s duration dd debuff -100aao.
    that not take much ppl ar but can jsut save MP from perking and makes them usefull cast and short duration so they go off when MP need hit SS
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

One of the most difficult things for the MP is that most of their defences stem from single-target hostile nanos. In any situation where there is more than one attacker, MPs are very weak. MPs are also traditionally relatively weak against weapon/perk attacks, because what tools they have are debuffs that aren't effective in an environment where capping hits are so key and so common.

There are two things that change this:

Shield of Zset, which gives enough evades to get decent survivability... but at the cost of nearly all effective offence.

Sacrificial Shielding, which ramps up defences and gives some specials blockers... which helps with the capping hits.... but at the effective cost of all the debuff defences due to the recharge... thus giving good weapons/perks defences while stopping tools used against casters.

The reason so many MPs end up using SS and being in recharge a lot of the time, is because that multi-attacker weapon/perk defence is so beneficial

What's really needed for the MP is some kind of effective defence against weapons and perks that works against multiple attackers. If the DtN and DtP implementations mentioned by FC in the MP changes for rebalancing get implemented, then there's a fair chance that things will seriously improve.... it all depends upon the details of the implementations and, regarding DtP, how the new pet stats will look.

Alongside this, the implementation of cool-downs instead of recharge to control frequency of casting stuff from the same nanoline, should mean that MPs should be able to open up to use a wider range of their tools a little more effectively allowing them to defend better across the whole pallette rather than closing themselves into one type of defence or another.

In theory, there's a lot in the announced implementations already that could make big differences to the MP.... the devil's in the detail though.

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Sep 12th, 2010 at 20:29:05.