Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General perks

The motorist line hehe, you two have a nice cool idea there.. Never even remembered that existed!

Would be cool to have some sort of vehicles from that^^ Water vehicles that actually move fast as heck on water! Yayy, we can arrange boat races
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    Do you guys think we'll get some new features in the "new" general perks? Like roots? Or De-roots? *Shrug* Anything else?
    I expect one of two things from the balancing of General perks:

- First option : the half assed one
    • Statu quo of unpolemical perklines
    • Removal of AAO*2 but slight lowering of checks on AI weapon perklines
    • Change to Champion of Nano Combat to take nanoskills as the attack check, and the perkline renamed to Victory of Klod.
    • Lowering of Notum Repulsor 8 from 20k to 6k NR gain, and from 8k to 2,4k nanoskills debuff

- Second option : the balls of steel one
    • Useless perklines are removed plain and simple (Motorist comes to mind)
    • New perklines added, like an 8 perks perkline, buffing RS and Perception. Its specials are a blind, a snare and a debuffer that lowers all Resistances by 30%. Or a Variable Reducer 10 perks perkline, which would reduce by up to 20% the gap between min and max damage on weapons, perks and nanos, with a single special bestowing 2s of maxed damage. Just brain farts, but you get the general idea.
    • Nanomorph’s peel layers remove biococoon
    • Notum Repulsor now bestows 2k NR max, at the cost of 800 nanoskills, -50% healing efficiency, -50% nanodamage increase and a NR check being made both on hostile and friendly effects.
    • First Aid and Enhance DNA specials now bestow a heal and HoT worth mentioning.
    • Freak Strength is slapped back to 10s max of stacked stuns
    etc…

I don’t think roots, and even less deroots, will be part of it. And tbh, I don’t think they should be.
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Sep 17th, 2010 at 12:07:44.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

That list will please my NT, but it won't make any of my other toons happy.

I don't know, I see several things my keeper would definitely love, as well as my enfo. Not peel layer obviously, but to me it just seems like that special should always have worked like that.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

I could see the effects of general perks being all self or team based, rather than having offensive attacks.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    With the new Phasefront vehicles, adding some sort of cheap and nasty vehicle as a perk special would be good.

4 Perks, 4 different vehicles.

1st perk gives you some sort of lame Kodiak style "wiggle car".

2nd perk gives you something slightly faster.

3rd perk gives you something that flies.

4th perk gives you something more yalm like.
    Actually, I was thinking more like useful offensive and defensive perk actions... Like..

"Roadkill", a direct damage perk
    "Bullet proof windows", AC/reflect/absorb buff (pick one, probably not reflect unless it gets a cap)
    "Oil&Filter Change", gives you HP in exchange for nano, or vice versa
    "Fuzzy Dice", gives some AAD and skill lock modifier for some seconds... Or some such.

Hell, those are just ideas, they could be some other stuff just as well. But if the perk actions were vehicles, the last one would have to be really uber to compensate for spending 4 perks for a really lame perk line.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Nanomorph’s peel layers remove biococoon
    Needs more than that to make it worth perking though.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Needs more than that to make it worth perking though.
    No, not really. This is quite enough.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Molle foule or Moule folle?
    Both works, second is much more entertaining though ahah.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    But if the perk actions were vehicles, the last one would have to be really uber to compensate for spending 4 perks for a really lame perk line.
    Some sort of vehicle just seems to suit the line.

Having perk specials would only be "suitable" if they used your Vehicle Air/Water/Ground skills to determine their effects, only fair after all

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

So you want more perk lines with useless attack skill checks? :s
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Of course not, just trying to keep things appropriate for the perk line in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Of course not, just trying to keep things appropriate for the perk line in question.
    We need big guns, cannons and bombs on vehicules. Make the specials mimic this!
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    IOr a Variable Reducer 10 perks perkline, which would reduce by up to 20% the gap between min and max damage on weapons, perks and nanos, with a single special bestowing 2s of maxed damage.
    That's an astonishingly cool idea ... would make some weapons (mainly froob weapons) decent choices, and bring more diversity to the weapon ecology. No idea how practical it would be, but I'd love to see it! :P. Also, it might need to be closer to 40% on the upper end to be competitive - take the LRDKP:

Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol
    Can Carry, Wear, Burst, Fling Shot
    Damage 1-480 (540) - Projectile AC

Interesting weapon that is entirely useless in SL because of the min-damage.

With the 20% perkline, that would be:
    Damage 97 - 384

With the 40% proposed perkline, that would be:

Damage 193 - 288

Which is still not up to modern standards, but looking more viable than it would have before ...
    "Many hamsters died to bring you this post.

The servers are up and running." - Pharamond

So that weapon would be a formerly semi-interesting crit weapon ruined by level lock, now a all around gimp weapon.
    Ranged roxxorz!

you could also do something like this :

Low Recoil Diamondine Kick Pistol
    Can Carry, Wear, Burst, Fling Shot
    Damage 1-480 (540) - Projectile AC

480-1 = 479
    479*0.8 = 383.2
    480-383= 97
    New damage : 97 - 480 (540) for a 20% decrease without touching at the max range

480-1 = 479
    479*0.6 = 287.4
    480-287 = 193
    New damage : 193 - 480 (540) with a 40% decrease of the min/max gap.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Not a bad suggestion there..
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123