Thread: Nano requirements based on profession

Nano requirements based on profession

I logged my tl7 soldier in, looked at my top AMS, then logged my tl7 MP and was annoyed, again, by what I saw. I'll post some examples of "combat" profession nanos, and then I'll post the "support" profession nano choices.

Augmented Mirror Shield MK V
    Matter creation 1528
    Time and space 1491

Improved Mongo Crush!
    Biological metamorphosis 1534
    Psychological modifications 1534

I think that is enough of those examples of "combat" profession nanos. Now for nanos non-'combat' profs are supposed to cast.

Creation: Shield of Zset
    Matter creation 2209
    Biological metamorphosis 2109
    Time and space 2209

Now, can someone please tell me why combat professions are spoonfed nanos with such low requirements? Soldiers and enforcers are casting nanos with 700ish lower requirements than the MP ones, and they have these requirements in even more nanoskills, too.

It would not be so bad if these "combat" profs (if Enforcers can even be called that) were just able to use the nanos they are using in full combined scouts, but they are even using them in combined commandos. This is not a fair division of nanos and requirements.

Not many soldiers can cast AMS 5 as it is.. with any higher nano skill req, nobody would be able to.

It was actually one of the reasons we asked FC to change the Xan of Anger mods to add some 30 MC/TS instead of what it had.. this to give troxes a better chance at casting AMS5. Unfortunately it's not enough.

What you actually see is that AMS5 is casted only by a few Solitus, while the majority of the soldiers is casting AMS3 or 4.

I wanted to add this:

All those LE/DB nanos skill requirements are just a pain for the gaming experience of players. I mean, every profession is hotswapping items left and right to cast them. I think Keepers win with 7 items to hotswap to buff up, which is insane.

What I'm trying to get to is that, with a lot of painful and unnecessary hotswapping, people will get buffed. It's just boring to have to repeat that over and over and over at every BS start.

My suggestion is to lower those nano reqs to something acceptable. Someone in full end-game gear + hud3 nano skills research item, should be able to buff up completely and without too much hassle.

For some of the nanos, you might even want to put a level lock if you reduce the nano skill req, so lowbies won't be able to use them with a gazillion of buffing items.

This was more or less (likely more) a parody thread on the 'support prof' weapons one. I realize Soldiers have difficulties reaching those levels of nanoskills. I just thought it useful to point out that 'support' profs suffer equal difficulties equipping and using weaponry.

A straight-up comparison isn't possible due to entirely different skill templates, symbs, AR templates, buffs and whatnot.

I always thought that Control and Support symbs should have AS/Burst etc support.

People are reaching the level req for weaponry in one way or another, however they are giving up too much for the same results: i.e. hotswap a gazillion of items to cast and buff those pets.

It should be made easier for everyone.

I mean..the whole concept of .. ohh you are a doc, you can't have good damage in PVP cause you have insane heals, needs to go away. Heals are going to be "rightsized", and so I see np at all for Control/Support symbs to have more of those AS modifiers, and remove the need for everyone to go make specific custom implants to accommodate those deficiencies.

To make a long story short, yes, my Engi has a Troa'ler and a Pewpew'her, and my Crat can too, and while those weapons might not cap the recharge they will be out of OE without a sweat.

Now comes the casting of nanos....and we're there hotswapping items like crazy to reach the same result, which is: I'm fully buffed + I have decent weapons on my 220 crat/engi/doc.

This whole thing should be simpler for everyone.

Now.. if AS + Malpractice + whatnot, is too OP in regards of rebalance, they should be toned down a bit. But the buffing and equipping should not be affected.

Crats don't have it that hard, really. We have enough AAO to get decent AR, and can self our buffs w/o hotswapping. Landing nanos, obviously, is far more annoying, since you can't both focus on weapon AR and nano AR, and you very much need both.

I really do hope (more of a personal preference, but still), that after the rebalance, crats move more towards a Remodulator-style combat. E.g. no silly pistol/mr/as/burst/fling/init setup that take insane sacrifice, but rather a weapon-choice that has good synergy with our natural preference for nano-based setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I always thought that Control and Support symbs should have AS/Burst etc support.
    11s AS without any sacrifice? k...

You could add MA here, Anvil Fists: 1843 BM SI, and Autumn Leaves: 1720 BM 1711 SI as requirements>,<
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    11s AS without any sacrifice? k...
    Eh, it would still have sacrifice. Just less. You think we wear scopes and CSS because it works so well for our toolset and the extra evades from the research HUD don't really matter?

I'd rather be done with AS altogether, though.

I really like the Remod idea, actually, it should be a new weapon coming from the Tower Shop, and not just that Dreadloch one.

Such a weapon should have nano skill mods (like PM/SI/MC/BM: 50) to allow crats to land their nanos better, cause despite what people say, those nanos have a real hard time in landing as is it, particularly Workplace depression and Malaise which take time to cast/recharge.

Our nukes based off MC are terrible.. I think we generally haven't that much more MC more than soldiers in our PvP AS setups. I have just enough to cast nukes/Carlo and am flat out of IP.

Any weaponry that uses nanoskills for AR would be such a huge step towards fine-tuning crats. We're in a pretty good spot at the moment, but our stats are so horribly smeared out, we're an inch away from becoming sucky at everything.
    The planned removal of AS and 80% check perks would be quite a blow. Though obviously, we haven't a clue yet what changes to crats are incoming, so it's hard to tell. Sterva seems positive though, which is a good thing.

And also fixer nanoskill stuff has been broken forever.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Lol, no idea how fixers fare these days, but when my main was still a fixer, I used to weep when I saw the requirements on my top nanos.

You have just a tiny bit more, but soldiers use it to cast something on themselves, while you need to rely on it to attack someone that has 100% NR def check as defense. My crat has about 1900 MC but I'm wearing a lot of nano items these days.. and even then it's not enough.

If AS and those specials are going away, WPD should have a 80% def check imo, or at least MC should not be dark blue as it's one of your main attack skills.

Well fixer nano reqs to cast their back item is also stupidly insane..I'm not pro there at all, my fixer is happy in S10. I'm just relaying what people have been telling me.

You have just a tiny bit more, but soldiers use it to cast something on themselves, while you need to rely on it to attack someone that has 100% NR def check as defense. My crat has about 1900 MC but I'm wearing a lot of nano items these days.. and even then it's not enough.

If AS and those specials are going away, WPD should have a 80% def check imo, or at least MC should not be dark blue as it's one of your main attack skills.
    Nope not 100% check, Pink Slip has a 85% check, WPD has the added benefit of an init debuff but 100% check, so it's your choice.

Should have seen my nano skills in my dedicated Remod setup. Creamed. My. Pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Nope not 100% check, Pink Slip has a 85% check, WPD has the added benefit of an init debuff but 100% check, so it's your choice.
    Point taken.