Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

Funcom employee Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

It has been near a week now and it seems my camera with the footage of the Q&A session here in Oslo will not be reappearing any time soon. As much as it was someone else who removed it from my possession I did give them the access and opportunity and I am sorry that you guys will miss out on the chance to see the full session here that was full of interesting questions. As typing-penance for my lack of vigilance in watching hardware (in addition to losing my cameras and personal footage) I will be answering these questions again...please post your questions here and I will complete them for next week. I talked for almost a straight 90 minutes at the event...in the interest of public health and safety it is probably for the best that this tape is never found again...and we can hope it never falls into the wrong hands or the consequences could be dire. Thank you again to everyone who shared the day with us, we all had a great time and hope you did too

So again...post the questions you asked at the Q&A session here...or the ones you would have asked if you could have made it here.

Battlestation Level Ranges

A good part of the reason there was no feedback last week on the lengthy thread concerning Battlestation Level ranges was that (after seeing this was such a hot topic) I felt the event would be a good time to actually speak to players about their feelings on the subject. Thanks to the many of you who took the time to talk to me about the proposed changes. It is not our intention to ruin areas of the game that are enjoyable to the specific people who actually use them...so here are the *new* suggested level ranges:

10-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-174
    175-214
    215-220

The goal was to broaden the level ranges to offer access to points and participation. The first version had this brought down to 6 level ranges...the new version will have seven with preferred twinking destination levels occupying the top space of most level ranges. Regardless of where these level ranges are put there will be twink characters built to occupy these spaces...removing twinking is not part of our plans as it is such a significant part of AO. While this may not be perfect in the eyes of everyone I do agree with the people I spoke with this weekend that this will be closer than our previous suggestion.

This Week

Work this week continued on the Alien Daily Missions, Sector 7 and Profession Nano overhaul documents. The Crat document is available as an attachment today we look forward to your feedback on the changes.

Have a great weekend!

Kintaii Edit!: Balance Discussion thread on Bureaucrat Nano Document changes (includes extended information): http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?p=5859294
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1st? o.O

New BS seems more adequate, huge differences still, but i guess you can't have ballance between a 175 and a 214 either way you look at it, and bs "should" be more populated...
    Last edited by sscorpy; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:08:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA's role is basically wannabe DD whore outdamaged by many professions.
    Tedomari 220 ma Equip
    Nted 220 NT gimp
    Tedomary 150 s10 ma Equip

last
    i R not spik engrish

Awesome! Im on first page
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

first awwwwwwwwww

bow chicka wow wow!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

yay and which profession is next?
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:53:35.

175-214 is a lolwhut range, not gonna work.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

First page Yay!!

And 175-214? Shouldn't 174-205 be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Now you are just negative!

Two posts on first page ftw
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

not first.
    Im liking the new bs level ranges a whole lot more.
    much crat love
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:24:49.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

first page :O

edit: Battlestation changes look much better [in my eyes at least]. Sector 7? When will Kintaii post the collected ARk event pics? :[
    Last edited by cube; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:15:35. Reason: wasn't finished

XI

Using my anfigur skills I will do a sanctmersion and preview the future. Battlestations that will run: 101-150 and 215-220. Which means that VP farming will become more difficult. Grats on the whinning whinnerchampions. Bs will run less is my opinion.
    Last edited by Lusos101; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:17:37. Reason: No reason given.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Uhoh, it's here....Let's see if they're wrought havoc with the crat changes or not...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

yay for better bs lvl ranges
    Jadetheshade 220/30/70 Opi Shade
    Typhonis 220/24 Nm NT
    Galorien 220 Opi Fix
    Copyrighted 170 Opi Engi (someone petitioned Nintendo)

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Remember that most people in the 200-214 range except for 207s are PvM medsuit n00bs, 175-176 twinks should have no problem disposing them fairly fast... 175-204 and 205-220 would probably have been better for all tho but hey, it seems to work atleast seeing how theres no activity at all in that range at the moment ether way.. Maybe it will run from time to time now..

I must say i am alittle worried about FC cutting levels from the TL 7 BS tho.. but meh.. it will still run, i would have preferred a bigger level range tho, more people = more mech fun ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Good job, BS ranges are good
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast