Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    here's a proposal, with good & bad points (all proposal have some neways .. :
    1-39
    40-89
    90-124
    125-169
    170-206
    207-220
    1-39 Now way in hell Id bring a toon less than lvl50
    in a BS, would take way tooo long to run, maybe a new pvp Playfield for lowbies, like the new one in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by soulviver View Post
    1-39 Now way in hell Id bring a toon less than lvl50
    in a BS, would take way tooo long to run, maybe a new pvp Playfield for lowbies, like the new one in ICC
    You probably didn't hear about adjusting run speed @ low levels
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I finally have a tl7 character, and I am so jaded by High run speed, i dont think I can every roll another toon, I made a Neut yesterday so I could check GMS, and it seemed like an eternity running up the hill to zone to RK.

ya I didnt hear about the adjusted run speed, thats cool, maybe I'll try a lowbie when it get s implented

buy a lowbie Pvp PF would be awesome. They neeed to do something with MMD, that place was fun. now its just a grid point on the way to mort

This whole level range issue seems so out of context, that if you guys where behind schedule on other things i would come to think it was a manouver to draw atention from it. Thank god your not!
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

I see what you did there!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

So again...post the questions you asked at the Q&A session here...or the ones you would have asked if you could have made it here.
    What is going to happen to the new PvP PF?
    Haven't seen anyone inside since like day 3 after it came out. Its deserted. Every day for the last month I've entered the PF and there was no one inside, not a single person to tab.

Will it be linked to BS as it should of been from the start? Will it be a FFA/no team area?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    What is going to happen to the new PvP PF?
    Haven't seen anyone inside since like day 3 after it came out. Its deserted. Every day for the last month I've entered the PF and there was no one inside, not a single person to tab.

Will it be linked to BS as it should of been from the start? Will it be a FFA/no team area?

Regards
    Again....if your resources are limited, you should focus on what is important instead of spreading out into rubish. I am ofcourse talking about my mother, the other day we had visitors and the main course was turkey. She also wanted to do some salad, and a nice rice to go with it. Turned out she had no time to do the turkey properly, and no one ate the salad.
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

Quote Originally Posted by Ydernola View Post
    Again....if your resources are limited, you should focus on what is important instead of spreading out into rubish. I am ofcourse talking about my mother, the other day we had visitors and the main course was turkey. She also wanted to do some salad, and a nice rice to go with it. Turned out she had no time to do the turkey properly, and no one ate the salad.
    LOL, nice Yder.

Another question.

So apparently the new engine is coming along with a hopefully soonish type beta and release date. How about the other big things like the rebalance and new player experience? In relation to the release of the engine about when do you think they'll come along (same time, sooner, later, much later, etc...)? You gave a general planed order a good ways back but now that we're at this point I'm wondering how that's all coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    150-174 would be action packed imo..
    In case you didn't realize why people are laughing ... that's the range that exists NOW.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

...and it's not "actioned packed" even by a long stretch.

I was in queue on my 150 Engi for about 4 hours last night and never got invite.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    175 or 219, it's the same tbh, it will still be a cannon fodder for an endgame 220.

I look at it from the other way round, where I know when I'm on my 175s+ it's a bloody death valley from 175 till 210. Inf only if you got friends, since Pen is a desert, forget APF, and BS never runs.

At least we will be able to complete some additional dailies on those lowbies, and somewhat participate in something like a BS etc.
    My MA is miles behind any geared 220 with alphas and full DB, etc etc

I'd say it almost the difference between an untwinked S10 toon and a 174 twink. 215+ is even unjustice...as most 220s are lightyears ahead of gimp 220s, and anything less only is worse.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    My MA is miles behind any geared 220 with alphas and full DB, etc etc

I'd say it almost the difference between an untwinked S10 toon and a 174 twink. 215+ is even unjustice...as most 220s are lightyears ahead of gimp 220s, and anything less only is worse.
    Yup, I had your MA in mind when I wrote that

Is it even possible to make a zone that is fair for unfinished 220 or lower toons and finished 220s that also contains unadjusted pvp? If not, then perhaps the adjustment should be made to how fast you can hit 220 from the start of the pvp zone, and how fast obtaining a near finished setup would take?

The other option is making teams far more effective than they currently are based on nanos and slightly supplemented by perks. They already are quite effective, just not for saving each other as a gimp is easy to alpha regardless of how much support he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Yup, I had your MA in mind when I wrote that
    Yeah, I had this deep feeling that you thought of perking my MA with Limber + DoF up.

I can't decide if TL 5 or TL 7 is more unbalanced...you find a gimped, ungeared toon in either of those TLs they are just free Solo/team points.

Either way...anything under 215 in BS is just a mistake.

1-24
    25-59
    60-100
    101-150
    151-199
    200-214
    215-220

That is the levels I think run best.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Seems like the smart people on this here board are finally arriving at the extraordinary conclusion that BS is basically a flawed concept and it is impossible to make a balanced BS because of the huge differences between toons.

Be it levels, equipment or setups, the differences are to big to make for any balanced PvP.

Maybe next year, or something like that, they will begin to ask for PvP to be a strictly voluntary thing.

On second thought, naahhh, we love our cannonfooder raw dont we?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Just to upset the apple cart lets have premade toons for bs, that should get a few dogs biting :P

That being said i think this would be cool if you could tweak the setup somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Makeroom View Post
    Just to upset the apple cart lets have premade toons for bs, that should get a few dogs biting :P

That being said i think this would be cool if you could tweak the setup somewhat.
    Something like battlestation only battlesuits that OE your entire toolset like mechs do but give you a set "slightly above" average skill level? I don't know if people would appreciate some having easy access to good setups, but if it i just BS it could get the place actually running.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Seems like the smart people on this here board are finally arriving at the extraordinary conclusion that BS is basically a flawed concept and it is impossible to make a balanced BS because of the huge differences between toons.

Be it levels, equipment or setups, the differences are to big to make for any balanced PvP.

Maybe next year, or something like that, they will begin to ask for PvP to be a strictly voluntary thing.

On second thought, naahhh, we love our cannonfooder raw dont we?
    That's nonsense. If people had the brains to separate BS and 'other' twinks, then ANY BS level range scheme would work. Unfortunately, you see all these arguments about how this and that range doesn work because of S10, or HHAB or TL7's hitting TL5s or TOTW twinks. It's all rather comical if you ask me.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast