Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    In case you didn't realize why people are laughing ... that's the range that exists NOW.
    lol pwnt I must have been smoking again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I cant help smile a little at all the comments and suggestions everyone is throwing out there, even my own.

Some complain the BS is not running, but for the most part its because they cant do their "pvm" daily to get...da daaa, pvp armor and then they complain they cant kill a person who spends years perfecting multible toons for one purpose and one alone, pvp.

AO has way to huge a range of toons for pvp to satisfy everyone, and the only way to not completly destroy the notumwars (more than they are, but thats another discussion, can you say SB?) is to at least try and keep the title level twinks intact.

BS is a place to pvp, for pvp'ers, unfortunatly the armor and gadgets can be used for pvm aswell, including twinking and such, and why twink a toon to hell and back just to pvm, which brings me right back to, BS is for pvp folks, and as someone just said, the whole concept of pvp between 210 and 220, will be for the most part, completly unfair and a free kill 99 out of 100. The same goes for other TL twink levels. This is the price you pay to get free armor and other nifty stuff, while working your way to the same point where you can get some free laughs killing a few lowbee, or just pvm in your pvp armor.

Like I said, make everyone happy for a time until hopefully, the game gets somewhat repopulated, and make the various stations run with 2 from each side, borring? yes to and extend and since they are already a somewhat failed concept,( no disrespect to Fc meant, I love the BS as they are, and dont completly agree that it was never a good idea) keep them running for the time beeing.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

IMO theres one reason and one reason only why there wanting to change the BS Levels etc.. It has nothing to do with balancing levels out etc... It has to do with populating them more. Its been a few years since I seen one copy of Anarchy Online on any shelf in any store no matter what store it is in the US. So who is getting all these froobs etc.. IG? We are, the people that been playing for several years.

What happens when people get all there toons to 220/30/70? Its game over for there character enless there gonna use that char for nothing but farming/pvp for there low level characters. What else then gonna create to keep players in game that are high levels? Ghost levels or some crap? lol...

Point is:
    No advertising the game anywhere (Depending on us for players coming in)
    Graphics Engine? Lol (Been saying that for years)(Why is it taking years? cause there working out of some suite in some building controling Anarchy Online and they don't have the $$ income to support the designers)
    Froobs? (Great idea however how many times are they gonna say. Froob accounts will be unavailable at the start of the next year)

There trying to bring a game back to life like it was back in 01-05 with out advertising it. They already combined rk1 and rk3 together. How long till they combine rk1 and rk2 together and after that community dies out. What is left? Nothing
    Artofwar(220/21)----Cheatdeath(220/18)----Reflection(220/22)

Get R' Dun

Quote Originally Posted by MrMacdk View Post

BS is a place to pvp, for pvp'ers, unfortunatly the armor and gadgets can be used for pvm aswell, including twinking and such, and why twink a toon to hell and back just to pvm, which brings me right back to, BS is for pvp folks, and as someone just said, the whole concept of pvp between 210 and 220, will be for the most part, completly unfair and a free kill 99 out of 100. The same goes for other TL twink levels.
    WTF does that even mean? You find it "unfortunate" that pvm players might have a use for OFAB? You would think the pvp contingent would be jumping for joy every time a pvm player signed up for a failure strewn round of BS. They should be as their ever so important (i.e. requires a billion posts to lament level range changes) BS would rarely if ever run without some pvm player deciding that LE missions were more busted than BS and giving you enough people to start a round.

Damn, I just realized that changing PVP BS range is kicking the dead horse...

I mean, if current playercount in BS is appealing, changing ranges will dig out even more players, which will not be happy to redo/lvl their twinks they have now.

I would suggest FC to try to change BS ratings with getting more players to the game by:
    - Make that DAMN long time awaited Engine!
    - Advertise the game after Engine relase

That should fix most things ingame. After this, we can just wait for some balance tweaks for proffesions and the game will be FINE.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by pomidor View Post
    damn, i just realized that changing pvp bs range is kicking the dead horse...

I mean, if current playercount in bs is appealing, changing ranges will dig out even more players, which will not be happy to redo/lvl their twinks they have now.

I would suggest fc to try to change bs ratings with getting more players to the game by:
    - make that damn long time awaited engine!
    - advertise the game after engine relase

that should fix most things ingame. After this, we can just wait for some balance tweaks for proffesions and the game will be fine.

this°!!!!!!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

I mean, if current playercount in BS is appealing, changing ranges will dig out even more players, which will not be happy to redo/lvl their twinks they have now.

I would suggest FC to try to change BS ratings with getting more players to the game by:

That should fix most things ingame. After this, we can just wait for some balance tweaks for proffesions and the game will be FINE.
    How exactly do you propose that they work on this faster than they already are?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Increase subscription cost by 10 and hire moar pplz.
    blah

Allocate all the devs currently working for TSW to AO for a month, delay the release of TSW by a month, but being done with engine in 2 weeks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Allocate all the devs currently working for TSW to AO for a month, delay the release of TSW by a month, but being done with engine in 2 weeks ?
    Dunno, it's bit more complicated than that. Different people do different things and then there is consistency of art work, so you can't just throw bunch of people and everyone do something individualy... Expet it could work with different zones so we could get pretty wide variety of cool desings and such, but still wouldn't be very consistent...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

lol, Im pretty sure those with twinks arguing that the game will be ruined with bs changes are the ones kicking a dead horse. tl5 only runs because of 150 s10 pvm twinks/notum war twinks/daily nubs. imagine for a moment that only tl2 and tl7 bs ever ran, and everything else inbetween was always dead. that would be rediculous and devs should change something. now consider the fact that everything between tl2 and tl7 is dead except a small range of 150-174, which has only recently started running again due to daily missions, not population increase.

the biggest fail here is that the devs have hung onto bs, and insisted it should be the primary source of vp, which buys mostly sub-par pvm gear (ofab gear that is inferior, most of the time, to pvm obtainable gear (dread/xan/dust/ai/dungeon obtainable/gms buyable/SL farmable) that pvp'ers use as well, lol). if vp was supposed to buy the best pvp gear ingame (which in theory it should), then all bs goers would be wearing ofab because it was the ultimate pvp gear. is that the case here? noop. nice try devs, but bs failed because ofab gear is mostly pvm worthy, and even then its not the best for either pvm or pvp. its (in most cases) really the stuff you equip while you work to get the better stuff, true story.

either make ofab armor better (too late), or make ultimate ofab armor that can only be bought in ultimate state, much like special edition ofab (cant upgrade regular ofab to ultimate). and add in more hud/utility items/symbiants/etc... that are the best and cost alot of vp. make it cost a retarded amount of vp to obtain all this gear, and make it better than anything obtainable pvm wise. this would solve alot of problems, and make bs and vp what they should theoretically be, the best. right now?, its just fugly looking mostly-pvm gear, obtainable in a silly manner. this is the change that needs to really be made, not level ranges, ffs.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112