Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 17th, 2010 - No footage for the greater good

About BS level ranges

I don't really like the new ones. I liked the previous preposition better. And some other ideas might be even better. I think I like Gatester's idea most, though there are other decent ones as well.
    As a froob I liked the idea of being able to pvp at max level (so level 200 being the highest level of a certain BS), but I'm not really sure about it anymore: we'll still be killed very easily by TL6 paid twinks. But if there is shadowlevels in the same BS there is really no reason at all for signing up I believe.

Questions

1. What is your argumentation for not making it possible to return to neutral once you have been Clan or Omni? Any plan of implementing this? Topic on this topic here.

2. More personal question: I've been trying to obtain Nano breed suit. I'm pretty sure it used to be in-game, but the last years its existence seems a bit mystical. Can you tell me if it's still in-game (so I can grind on, searching for it without feeling to waste a lot of time) and if it's not tell me why it was removed? Please?
    Last edited by Edta; Sep 18th, 2010 at 17:07:51. Reason: grammar
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I don't think any of those things I said are contradicting regardless if the BS levels changes 1 or 50 times..
    That is the toughest part to agree with. You made it sound like "200 BS is coming", "deal with it"...then they go in a new direction and your whole message is void. If they changed it again are you going to agree like a good sheep? Be smart Obtena, if you agree...agree. If you disagree, disagree. What system SHOULD be in place?

Edit: If you are FC's sheep (through professional), then I'll understand. You don't even have to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    My new suggested range is:

1 to 24
    25 to 55
    56 to 100 (Yes a 56 twink can do fine)
    101 to 159
    160 to 200
    201 to 220
    I think Gatester got real close.

1-24 -- Subway twinks
    25-55 - -Tl 2/3
    56-100-- tl 3/Foreman twinks
    101-159-- tl 4/S10 twinks/tower twinks
    (Change here)
    160-204--tl 5/6
    205-220--tl 7

Reason: I think several items should be balanced to not allow TL6 or 201+ items in the BS, change the level requirements first to create balance.
    Last edited by tharss; Sep 18th, 2010 at 17:20:22.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Smile Nano Breed Survival Suit

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    2. More personal question: I've been trying to obtain Nano breed suit. I'm pretty sure it used to be in-game, but the last years its existence seems a bit mystical. Can you tell me if it's still in-game (so I can grind on searching for it without feeling to waste a lot of time) and if it's not tell me why it was removed? Please?
    It is I have part of it.
    You need to find the Nano Breed Survival Suit parts (that are items, not armor) and hack it first.
    There is a guide here.

My part was found in a lvl 60 mish 5 years ago, the part is still there.
    If your question is "does it still drop?" I can not answer.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

I like the name "Nano Breed Survival Suit" as it relates to an event on the timeline, about a prototype suit enabeling Nanomages to leave Rubi-Ka.
    Timeline in the old format, easier to search and read The date you are looking for is: December 03 29477
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

My guess, about next doc, is another pet prof.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    It is I have part of it.
    You need to find the Nano Breed Survival Suit parts (that are items, not armor) and hack it first.
    There is a guide here.

My part was found in a lvl 60 mish 5 years ago, the part is still there.
    If your question is "does it still drop?" I can not answer.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

I like the name "Nano Breed Survival Suit" as it relates to an event on the timeline, about a prototype suit enabeling Nanomages to leave Rubi-Ka.
    Timeline in the old format, easier to search and read The date you are looking for is: December 03 29477
    Thank you for the info . Yes, the question actually is "Does it still drop?".

I've been doing lvl 58 team missions, killing all mobs and looting all chests in search for this suit. At least I also get PPPE's from the bosses, so it's not totally wasted, but killing and looting everything makes it take a lot more time .

There seems to be no recent drops of them, but maybe they are just so rare and the few times it does drop, it's probably not recognized since it seems to be fairly unknown. I wish I knew more about what kind of mobs drop them :P. If it doesn't drop anymore I'll have to throw some money against it I guess...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    I just raped solo with my 150 doc 170advy,174trader,170agent fp trader and could continue...so no, it isn't 3 sec food for 170s, 150 solds are damn good too and more 150s.
    Hell, I even met 150 neutral advy which was waaaaaaaay better than all 170s advies.
    At level 150 (against level 165-174), only docs can be somewhat good enough and that's if their target doesn't decide to just go away once it gets annoyed by chain CH-ing.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

All of those BS levels look balanced, except for the 175-214. 175-200 is balanced, since by around 175, you have all your skills maxed out, and the skills that can be raised from 190-200 won't have that big of an impact in PvP. Once you hit 201, your IP and skills shoot through the roof.

Other than that, I'm quite impressed by the balancing of the battlestations and profession balances. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    My guess, about next doc, is another pet prof.
    Either MP then Engineer, as Engie will be incredibly difficult, or MP then NT.

Getting all the pet profs done or getting the nukes out of the way will be the logical step.

Exclamation 2012 is comin!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    My new suggested range is:

1 to 24
    24 to 55
    55 to 100
    100 to 150 tl4-5
    150 to 174 tl5+
    174 to 200 sec7 twinks can try top tl5 BS twinks for example
    200 to 220

It isn't 100% sure that your new BS will run with your ranges, so e.g. if range 24-55 doesn't run, level 55 can join at least higher range 55-100 and people can choose what they want.
    The most important for these ranges is challenge! Are you boring to be TOP in your BS? Do you want change? Sign up for higher range!
    This option should be there, in NW you won't fight 100-150 with your 150 twink, but mostly only with 150+!!! So you can try both sides lower and higher twinks.
    The world is near to the End! ... cuz i have to agree with Darkirbiska.

But absolutely right! WTB these lvl ranges!!

PS: Darkirbiska where did u steal the idea?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Thank you for the info . Yes, the question actually is "Does it still drop?".

I've been doing lvl 58 team missions, killing all mobs and looting all chests in search for this suit. At least I also get PPPE's from the bosses, so it's not totally wasted, but killing and looting everything makes it take a lot more time .

There seems to be no recent drops of them, but maybe they are just so rare and the few times it does drop, it's probably not recognized since it seems to be fairly unknown. I wish I knew more about what kind of mobs drop them :P. If it doesn't drop anymore I'll have to throw some money against it I guess...
    They drops from 58/70 mish mutant mobs... roll mish with RRRLLL settings! u can else try to knell eyemutants camps at Pleasant Meadows, around 20k whompa (bring an nt and aoe)
    Last edited by Drakeep; Sep 18th, 2010 at 21:38:09.

Over the years I have always enjoyed coming to the anarchy forums and reading the latest news about the game. However I have never been one to post except a few times here and there. PVP twinking has always been my favorite past time in this game and this topic has me interested enough to put my opinion out there.

I think most people are missing out on the reason why these changes have been proposed in the first place. The game needs less BS deadspots, WE need more active battlestations. This, along with balance, should be the priority above all else when it comes to picking out these new pvp ranges. I think the answer is title levels:

1-14
    15-49
    50-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-204
    205-220

TL1 I wouldnt expect to run too often, TL2 has already been proven to work, TL3 has a good number of tower and totw twinks, TL4 I would expect to be slow at first until we start seeing 149 s10 twinks (TL4 has always been my favorite pvp level), TL5 will of course run, TL6 assuming a 200 twink becomes popular shouldnt be a problem. TL7 again will run.

Will the bottom levels be at a disadvantage? You bet, but I think they will be competitve while still allowing the number of BS ranges to be consolidated. I see a lot of suggestions with a new title level being the top of the ranges. 50/60, 100, 150, 190/200 I think this is a bad idea, as some major items are balanced around title level and a TL5 shouldnt be dominating the TL4 range. Deciding on the level of your twink should be just as important as what equipment you put on. You should never be able to have it all, be it dungeon twink, BS twink or tower twink. Not to forget, THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE A BIGGER FISH, except for 220's

Quote Originally Posted by nusteh View Post
    Over the years I have always enjoyed coming to the anarchy forums and reading the latest news about the game. However I have never been one to post except a few times here and there. PVP twinking has always been my favorite past time in this game and this topic has me interested enough to put my opinion out there.

I think most people are missing out on the reason why these changes have been proposed in the first place. The game needs less BS deadspots, WE need more active battlestations. This, along with balance, should be the priority above all else when it comes to picking out these new pvp ranges. I think the answer is title levels:

1-14
    15-49
    50-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-204
    205-220

TL1 I wouldnt expect to run too often, TL2 has already been proven to work, TL3 has a good number of tower and totw twinks, TL4 I would expect to be slow at first until we start seeing 149 s10 twinks (TL4 has always been my favorite pvp level), TL5 will of course run, TL6 assuming a 200 twink becomes popular shouldnt be a problem. TL7 again will run.

Will the bottom levels be at a disadvantage? You bet, but I think they will be competitve while still allowing the number of BS ranges to be consolidated. I see a lot of suggestions with a new title level being the top of the ranges. 50/60, 100, 150, 190/200 I think this is a bad idea, as some major items are balanced around title level and a TL5 shouldnt be dominating the TL4 range. Deciding on the level of your twink should be just as important as what equipment you put on. You should never be able to have it all, be it dungeon twink, BS twink or tower twink. Not to forget, THERE SHOULD ALWAYS BE A BIGGER FISH, except for 220's
    QFT

prolly the best and most thought out post of the thread.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Hm i thought bs-changes are about getting battlestations to run.
    The presented change this time splits 1 rgeular running bs (150-174) in two new ranges.
    I think this will result in 2 battlestations that run form time to time, but both not on a regular basis.

In terms of that and in terms of Level-balance i also bump for that ranges:

150-189
    190-214
    215-220

In current situation current holders of hi-tl5 twinks are trying to kill the next range, last range won't die. The one between them is hardest... 205-220 might be decent for last one. xxx-204 is the real killer. Maybe 190-204 and that would leave 150-189 as one so:
    100-149 (dead...)
    150-189 (quite lively)
    189-205 (dead)
    205-220 (Un-balanced, but will be alive)

There is two options. Either someone get's from nerf-stick or part of population still don't have any luck with VP. I tend to go for later. For time being increasing the posibility of geting VP is more important than some whiny twinks ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Betting 1 vacation and a two week delay on next nano doc.

What about an overlapping system, with junction at each "natural" twink levels ?

220 - 215 : 215 unlocks a lot of stuff, db quest, (db armor - change its lvl requ to 215 as well), and i stopped the inf rush for both my 220 toon ;

215 - 200 : 200 will become lot more important with inc alien PF, allrdy existing Dead Ruins that might be revived, etc. Suggestion : Unlock XAN pf to lvl 200+ instead of 201+

200 - 174 : 174 being a well known standard for twinking ; 175's will hopefully be decent in the new alien PF, and they are definitly competent for dark ruins allrdy.

174 - 150 : the obvious

and (not familiar with low lvl environnment that much so just takin Mean's and overlapping)

150 - 100

100 - 60

60 - 24 (25 ? for subway)

24 - lowbiness ...

Any "Twink" would have 2 diff opportunities to take part in the BS, one in which they are toop of the food chain, and if that one doesn't run they can always scale up. Obvious twink level would become even more obvious . . . I always liked those pause in AO lvling, don't think it would be bad to support that.

Combine that with a reduction of the amount of player needed for a BS round to start (as much as i d like BS to start @ 1 vs 1, let s go for a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 rule ?) and that should be flexible enough to accomodate our low population issue ?

Note : In most answers i saw, it was about predicting which BS would end up dead and which one would survive, hence why i tought about overlapping range and reducing queue, so that you can define range based on balance instead . . .

Quote Originally Posted by nusteh View Post

1-14
    15-49
    50-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-204
    205-220
    Unfortunately, this keeps every existing dead spot, but makes the already active BS's slightly more active.

50+ needs the participation of 100 twinks to be fully active.

100 to 149 will not run if those 100's are being dominated by 130+ twinks. A 119, 126, and 132 twink can stand up to a 150ish much more easily, and actually do frequently at tower wars or in borealis.

150's probably do not want to pvp even higher level toons, so you might decrease their participation.

190 to 204 cannot run asside from VP farms as it is, so again it maintains a section of innactivity.

The highest levels in a Battlestation zone must be active levels. People are likely to stick around for a battlestation if their top dog level has another purpose. You also have to limit the BS's as much as possible, and 5 maximum battlestations is a possibility. 7 is too many, 6 includes the lowest range of 1-xx, so whatever happens we just need active players.

The level range only matters if your most common participaters are at the lowest level of the Battlestation, at which point it is a very bad level range.

Bad :
    Even with the Cooldown those New Nukes for Crats look too powerfull ihmo , no nerf to their init-debuffing either .

Good :
    New Pets
    151-174 Range finally better odds for every sec 10 Twink to get his OFAB without being gangbanged by Level 165 + Toons waiting on easy prey to expand their E-peen.

Not Sure :
    Add-Deff Targetbuffs for 50 and 150 ... erm will they stack with Deff-Aura ? Might be a bit over the Top ...
    Last edited by Dollcet; Sep 19th, 2010 at 06:41:41.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    please means, please make all 164ish twinks UNKILLABLE... remove everything from the game that's a threat to them, mess up any good plan concerning new bs ranges so they are still top of the food-chain.

please means (in pink and other girly colors) DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP US UBER WITHOUT TO HAVE TO WORK ON IT AGAIN!!! (PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE)

...hu? what?

2 late?

means already... what?

really?

ok...

nevermind then...

"we all love u again means" - ur 5% of ao population

you sir are really clueless arent you? what the hell is making a 164 unkillable? we still fight ppl 10 lvs higher then us most of the time, if anything thats a HANDICAP!

or maybe youre one of those having his own 207 twink killer and just hating on evertything lower then 165?

lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

(,,,)

10-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-174
    175-214
    215-220

(,,,)
    tl5 seems way better then the previously proposed changes, 175-214 seems a bad idea ballance wise, but since 175-200 200-210 didnt ever ran it might be still a better idea then leave them as it is

ty for hearing us out
    Last edited by Insane666; Sep 19th, 2010 at 07:13:55.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Bad :
    Even with the Cooldown those New Nukes for Crats look too powerfull ihmo , no nerf to their init-debuffing either .

Not Sure :
    Add-Deff Targetbuffs for 50 and 150 ... erm will they stack with Deff-Aura ? Might be a bit over the Top ...
    Please, sir. Do us a favor, and rearead the whole document carefully.

Cheers.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast