Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Bureaucrat Nano Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    same question to you ...

me- i really lubz vanilla ice cream !
    crattey- why do you hate blue shoes that much, dude ?
    me- Oo ?
    More like;

devs - init debuffs are getting reduced by quite a bit
    you - reduce init debuffs!
    me- wut?
    you - I love you crattey, you're so sexy and handsome and pretty and I love you!*

*I might have made that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Offishall View Post
    Well yeah I don't think anyone is denying how easy PvM is with a crat. But removing all of their debuffing abilities on a lot of the endgame encounters seems a bit overkill. A nerf was warranted yes, but not one this bad. Letting crats use malaise alone would be fine and balanced in my opinion.
    I could say the same thing about the UBT resists, but let's face it... pvm was already plenty easy with just UBT. Eliminating the ability of players to reduce a mob's inits to the degree we have been able to is just one way to restore a bit of challenge to pvm.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

hopefully the population will increase before the end of small raids
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

is this the NT forum?

"Alpha Nuke: Long cast time, high damage, medium cooldown.
    Spam Nuke: Short cast time, medium damage, short cooldown.
    Finishing Blow Nuke: Short cast time, medium/high damage, medium cooldown - Can only be used when target is below 50% HP
    Special Effect Nuke: Nukes that include a Nano Resistance debuff and a Stun. "

I could swear this is what NT's were supposed to do. FC Etards, gj. maybe they'll give NT's pets and a big f'n gun now.

welcome back to the mid 1900's where we solve all our problems by making more nukes
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    They seem as strong as ever, do they? Not if you've read the document and read any of the gazillion posts on the forum that have already mentioned it. Including several in this thread. On this very page. Do you really need me to spoonfeed you as usual, or do you think that for once you could manage to bother educating yourself even a little before you make this type of statements?
    So now its in the same line as ubt? And that counts as "all but removed"? Hardly. Its a nerf sure but crats will still be the best support class out there along with doing a lot more dd then they probably should given their utility.

I have a crat and this looks really good, not that crats were doing badly, but there weren't a whole lot of options for what to do with them, this really opens things up and I'm looking forward to seeing what MPs are going to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    So now its in the same line as ubt? And that counts as "all but removed"? Hardly. Its a nerf sure but crats will still be the best support class out there along with doing a lot more dd then they probably should given their utility.
    You're still not getting it. Try reading the documents again.

I can maybe accept loss of some of the Red Tapes, but considering Malaise is a APF Nanobox nano with high reqs+215 min level and UBT is a rollable RK nano castable at tl5 putting them togther seems insane. The whole point of the malaise line was that it would land on ANYTHING, making it a sub-par UBT really seems a bit of a slap in the face for those who have gotten it. Balance is balance but this particular decision seems a bit overboard.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

but considering Malaise is a APF Nanobox nano with high reqs+215 min level and UBT is a rollable RK nano castable
    Are you saying that your issue could be solved if Malaise were easier to acquire and use?

X

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I can maybe accept loss of some of the Red Tapes, but considering Malaise is a APF Nanobox nano with high reqs+215 min level and UBT is a rollable RK nano castable at tl5 putting them togther seems insane. The whole point of the malaise line was that it would land on ANYTHING, making it a sub-par UBT really seems a bit of a slap in the face for those who have gotten it. Balance is balance but this particular decision seems a bit overboard.
    Do keep in mind that our defenses are going to be adjusted as well, although nobody bar devs and perhaps professionals know for sure how. Pets too are getting rebuilt and adjusted to reflect the fact they haven't recieved any core upgrades for ages.

The init debuffs were due for a bit of nerfing. Although it seems harsh that the tapes got torched and Malaise is rather pointless in endgame raids, you'll have to admitt it was a bit much. Also, MPs have had to suffer from this for quite some time, with their debuffs being subpar to what a crat brings. This opens up more utility for MPs, which is a good thing. Crats will still be very useful to bring along, they'll simply stop being the single most desired profession.

What still has me worried is the fact that we'll need to max out nanoskills, nanopool and psychology, effectively ruling out effective pistol-use. More so considering most equipment slots and perk layouts are in direct conflict as to pistol/nanoskills. Unless we get some new weaponry tossed our way, I can't quite imagine what we'll be using in PvP.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 18th, 2010 at 11:18:02.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    is this the NT forum?
    NT isn't Nuke Technician, only Nano Technician. Crats and MP have strong nukes as well. You still have exclusive AOE nukes and more nanodamage increase than other professions.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

crattey aint they nerfing evades over all at the same time they nerf AS? Like.. leading to you guys not needing as much AR, also seeing how your a pet and nano profession pistols should just be a small extra sidearm, not a main or even secondary offense (atleast in PvP) -.^

Im abit worried that it looks like crats might come out of a evade nerf fairly unchanged tho.. (Almost down impossible to hit or perk some crats today even with 3.5k AR)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Well, not sure about our defenses after the rebalancing, devs/profs are rather quiet about it other than 'something will happen!'. I'm fairly positive about it though. I figured they'd **** it all up in true FC fashion nano-wise, but it looks really amazing. Perhaps some fine-tuining is needed, but well, we'll see after we've tried it for some time.

As for the pistols; do keep in mind that it's a major IP sink for us. And if we go the nano-route, those pistols we've equipped will become absolutely worthless in PvP, as we won't have the IP for AS/burst, and don't have the AR for regular hits, and no longer have damage perks that we couldn't land anyway

In my current setup, I probably couldn't cast each new nuke even once because I lack the nano for it High nanocosts can be overcome, but not without tossing out the items that make pistols viable.

So yeah, I do think something more along the lines of a remod'ish crat weapon would be nice. Not something that does high damage, but something that has synergy with a nano-based crat setup.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 18th, 2010 at 11:35:39.

The init debuffs were due for a bit of nerfing. Although it seems harsh that the tapes got torched and Malaise is rather pointless in endgame raids, you'll have to admitt it was a bit much. Also, MPs have had to suffer from this for quite some time, with their debuffs being subpar to what a crat brings. This opens up more utility for MPs, which is a good thing. Crats will still be very useful to bring along, they'll simply stop being the single most desired profession.

What still has me worried is the fact that we'll need to max out nanoskills, nanopool and psychology, effectively ruling out effective pistol-use. More so considering most equipment slots and perk layouts are in direct conflict as to pistol/nanoskills. Unless we get some new weaponry tossed our way, I can't quite imagine what we'll be using in PvP.
    1st, while I am no crat hater it's been annoying to have a profession that is so overdesired in damn near any encounter involving several people... in AO, ofc, from your basic leveling to endgame raids. The MP point is interesting. Malaise not stacking with UBT anymore seems a given, but I would hold my breath a bit and see if any UBT resistance gets reworked. I'll probably choke before I am done, though.

On the latter, PvP comment of yours, it seems that given the current changes, few, if any, professions will have the ability to have the best of both worlds in nano casting and weapon use without sacrifice. This might be a good thing in terms of variety, and I, for one, welcome the age of emptying nano pools with joy.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    hopefully the population will increase before the end of small raids
    That is what I'm most worried about. I don't think AO has the population to sustain the larger scale raiding and teaming that FC is pushing the rebalancing in the direction of. If people are still worried that malaise will be OPed even without the red tapes and workplace depression init debuffs, then an option is to reduce how much it debuffs inits slightly and make it castable on endgame encounters again. At the moment it's hard enough to get a team for a lot of encounters (even if you're one of the 4 most desirable professions) so making it harder to complete those in non-traditional team setups or smaller teams seems like a bad idea.

And for those I know will choose to ignore my entire comment and make it look like I'm complaining about crats debuffing being nerfed: I would give up every red tape, the debuff from workplace depression and LMN/jLMN if we could continue using malaise as it is in it's current from ingame, or even slightly less powerful.

devs - init debuffs are getting reduced by quite a bit
    where has it been reduced ?
    i checked the docs, what i've seen is depression's init debuff got shifted to malaise line. period.
    if wrong, i can admit my mistake but proove it gently instead of trolling me

I love you crattey, you're so sexy and handsome and pretty and I love you!
    wtb your numbered debuff init pre/post change comparison first !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

where has it been reduced ?
    i checked the docs, what i've seen is depression's init debuff got shifted to malaise line. period.
    if wrong, i can admit my mistake but proove it gently instead of trolling me

Our Red Tape lines are getting removed for a large part. We no longer have the WPD debuff. Our malaise got moved to the UBT line, meaning it no longer stacks with Docs and can no longer be used on a fair amount of mobs that are UBT resistant.

Basically, we'll no longer be debuffers in raids. Which is a rather harsh nerf, but one that was coming for a long time, considering the impact our init debuffs had there.

-2564 on everything currently

According to new docs, up to -1550 on non bosses/aliens (-350 of that is based on random rolls) and 0 to -350 on bosses/aliens (random rolls)

BTW, still can't see any cooldown effects on roots/snares, that "180% level / 45% NR check" root still exists, there's interference with MP damage debuff line A...

Nerf sheet 3 tho.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Sep 18th, 2010 at 15:24:15.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast