Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Means, give us direction.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    MP expert at your disposal.

Now... About that double AS Tigress...
    Your post always make me smile : P MP. I bet if you could do it all over you would have picked crat and lived the high life.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    Your post always make me smile : P MP. I bet if you could do it all over you would have picked crat and lived the high life.
    Personally, if I could have done it all over - solitus soldier or enforcer

@ Gatester:
    Fixer at your disposal.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

You'd go nuts if you tried sorting through all of these posts on a regular basis... I don't know how the forum pvpers do it, frankly.
    Gah! I completely missed this one...

X

I wouldn't bother bringing this thread back again. Half my toons get major love and fixes, the other half get nerfed into the ground and decide not to do what the playerbase has asked for so far. Much easier to just play the toons FC overpowers rather than continuously begging and giving everything you can offer but not seeing any results. If FC wants to do something completely different than you feel is right then there is absolutely nothing you can do but deal with it or quit playing.

I agree with the sentiments in the op. I'm also unsure why a certain section of AO players always take it upon themselves to answer on FC's behalf, when really their opinions are of no more weight than the next player's and they're actually projecting rather than answering with a legitimate insight. I've come to realise in my years of trollingposting that a great deal of my frustrations are really with these self-appointed intermediaries and their gatekeeping tendencies rather than FC itself.

TLDR: bump for op
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

^^ Funny, I was thinking about the exact same thing about players that voice their opinions as if they are endorsed by 100% of the population.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

What's that got to do with this thread?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Things go both ways really. I don't think it's FC's job to direct the forums. Much like they don't tell us how to play the game, there are rules and as long as they are followed, forums or in-game, that's OK. it's how FC wants things to operate and it's consistent with FC's policies.

To the point of your post though, the frustration you feel with players speaking on behalf of FC can't be limited. It's the same as when players speak on behalf of the whole player base. I'm not entirely in agreement with what you said there. The more insightful players CAN have some idea of FC's direction of the game. Maybe their opinions aren't worth more than the next guy, but at least they are more accurate. You don't need to have some sixth sense to see how things are developing to be able to say something accurate about it.

I get the sense the OP is frustrated/ambitious or whatever word and thinks the process could be better. That's a noble gesture, but it's up to FC to decide. The new professionals program is the process that FC devs want to use for feedback. The best thing to do is to follow the process they have put in place that they want used.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 17th, 2010 at 18:39:41.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Things go both ways really. I don't think it's FC's job to direct the forums. Much like they don't tell us how to play the game, there are rules and as long as they are followed, forums or in-game, that's OK. it's how FC wants things to operate and it's consistent with FC's policies.

To the point of your post though, the frustration you feel with players speaking on behalf of FC can't be limited. It's the same as when players speak on behalf of the whole player base. I'm not entirely in agreement with what you said there. The more insightful players CAN have some idea of FC's direction of the game. Maybe their opinions aren't worth more than the next guy, but at least they are more accurate. You don't need to have some sixth sense to see how things are developing to be able to say something accurate about it.

I get the sense the OP is frustrated/ambitious or whatever word and thinks the process could be better. That's a noble gesture, but it's up to FC to decide. The new professionals program is the process that FC devs want to use for feedback. The best thing to do is to follow the process they have put in place that they want used.
    The point of this thread was to ask Means to direct us in specific requests. FC can assume what a certain profession is capable in a certain setup, but without a great deal of experience they could be using something that fails to give them the proper understanding of what they wanted.

Not just asking what is possible but how it is possible should be important in balancing, and I believe if it is left up to FC to figure all of this out on their own for every profession at every level then there will be a lot of mistakes. I doubt many would argue that a lot of players know their individual professions better than FC, and regardless how it sounds I think we are more qualified to answer their questions. FC is not asking us any questions about profession capabilities though, just asking us to give feedback on changes they have already attempted.

In other words, I do not believe FC can balance this game without the majority of input from the playerbase itself. A lot of our threads are a mess with incorrect information, but if FC asked us direct questions then we would be more likely to give direct answers that they could utilize.

That's wishful thinking though, and like I said, just playing the toons that are the current lovechild toons is probably a lot less stress inducing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    http://volunteer.funcom.com/Public/
    Ask and you shall receive.

Anarchy Online already gave us the tools as a player base to help the greater good of Anarchy Online. This base of volunteers for the greater good are often shrouded in critisism, but they're here using their play time to help our community with problems. Those who endorse that they would like to help Funcom have had the outlet for years. Maybe it's worth looking into?
    Tried that. Their training web page was broken, so I emailed about it several times and all I got back was a response telling me I hadn't used their broken web page and was being kicked out of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Tried that. Their training web page was broken, so I emailed about it several times and all I got back was a response telling me I hadn't used their broken web page and was being kicked out of the program.
    They dosen't want u cause ur a midget

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    They dosen't want u cause ur a midget
    Awwwww

Maybe if I cancel Ruse before I apply then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12