Thread: Just take out dated profs and give them an update

Post Just take out dated profs and give them an update

Okay I know I'm seting myself to be flammed but hear me out. Why not just update the out of date proffesion with new weapons, pets, gear, ect... Instead of nerfing everything down to size. Instead of nerfing things like the rage line why not just add a few useful tools to the other professions?
    Here are a few examples for a really outdate proffecion:
    Meta Phyisist (probably spelt that wrong ._ .)
    Nano Crystal: Resistant Soul
    ql:special
    Requirments:
    Psy. mod and T&S: 20
    Modifi
    50 nano resist Level 1-25
    75 nano resist Level 26-40
    100 nano resist Level 41-69
    150 Nano Resist Level 70-100
    and so on
    Team cast (as in it can be casted on a team w00t)
    Better pet buffs that boost NR, AR, HD, ND, Attack range, Add healing, nano skills and different ac damage (MP pets you their fist or well maybe they're mouth if its a meatball ._ . but yeah you get the picture) And add a buff that takes half the damage the MP has taken and give it to the attack pet. (in pvp who in the hell kills the pet first besides the heal pet.) And there is no need to nerf shield of Zset because not all MPs use it so why nerf it? Just dont let it stack with any reflect shields like RRFE(or w/e its called)

Soldiers
    Self buff 40% reflect for 4 mins with a 5 min lock out. (like a mini tms) nuff said.

Engineers
    Turrent building? Allow them to make turrents for BS (you know like turrents you find in missions but just dont let them beable to root you or anything.) But low HP mid attack power turrents that they can leave behind that will attack what ever side its not on and send a report back to the engi.

For the rest I dont know but these ideas are rather nice alternatives than just nerfing alot of things and adding a few things. But if no one likes these please just keep the engi turrent idea its a nice idea that would go good with BS.

tl;dr but I would say that simply sticking things on to professions would neither help to achieve balance nor keep the game viable. Band-Aid additions ad nauseum only create super-toolsets that become very uninteresting to play...unless FC makes the mobs harder too, and then you're in a vicious cycle.

If everybody gets hit with a little bit of the nerfbat - spread the pain as it were - then the game remains vibrant.

Best,
    Gora

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    tl;dr but I would say that simply sticking things on to professions would neither help to achieve balance nor keep the game viable. Band-Aid additions ad nauseum only create super-toolsets that become very uninteresting to play...unless FC makes the mobs harder too, and then you're in a vicious cycle.

If everybody gets hit with a little bit of the nerfbat - spread the pain as it were - then the game remains vibrant.

Best,
    Gora
    qft, thats also called power creep, which, on games of this age and complexity start to spell "dead" if left unchecked.

consider the effect of SL on original AO, or Aliens on SL, etc. power goes way up. so you have to nerf once in a while to keep things in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightingfist View Post
    Okay I know I'm seting myself to be flammed but hear me out. Why not just update the out of date proffesion with new weapons, pets, gear, ect... Instead of nerfing everything down to size. Instead of nerfing things like the rage line why not just add a few useful tools to the other professions?
    Because that is exactly what has happened over the last 7 years. Everything has been boosted. Professions, items, nanos, you name it. It was fun for quite some time but now we're at a point where this system is going downhill at an increasing speed because many other parts of the game have been left untouched.
    ಠ_ಠ

What the previous 3 posters said, also, all-new toys > old toys plus snap-on additions.

Besides, you can't seriously be proposing that they discard what they've come up with so far.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Only docs should get band aid fixes (get it har har)
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!