Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means – September 24th, 2010 – Questions and Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Yep, atleast there would be people running different missions just for nanos and camping Dynas. I think this should be done if AO gets proper player base in future...
    Can you imagine the "first" beast raid on that server :P

Wonder how long it would take on a clean server

Why do you people think that other people don't play this game because there's surplus of creds and items?

Frankly, I can't see this "running from scratch" as proper player gathering mechanism.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by arctictiger View Post
    Can you imagine the "first" beast raid on that server :P

Wonder how long it would take on a clean server
    First ones to do certain things and get certain things ;D

Hmm, so it would be pretty huge competition between players...

Dunno, new dailies and such, leveling isn't too hard even from start. Still, most raid ecounters would need community, everything gets quite complex without previous items and help from older characters. Or twinks without ability to get any item from farmers/gms/main, and those items aren't even found yet.

I think character-transfers could be allowed from, but not to ;D

I have to say, this would make game hard once again. I would give a try.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

whats about S7? worth to stay at 200 to wait new sector?
    Whooo

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Why do you people think that other people don't play this game because there's surplus of creds and items?

Frankly, I can't see this "running from scratch" as proper player gathering mechanism.
    On current player level, it's pretty small, but if there is a great influx of new and returning players atleast some of returning once might be intrest in this kind of level playfield.

People, don't play this game:
    1. Ugly, bad GUI and laggy
    2. Too hard.

So it might not be killer, but atleast it's intresting to think how it would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by paraparita View Post
    whats about S7? worth to stay at 200 to wait new sector?
    Might not, anyway if you don't find leveling too hard, have room and don't have 220 of that toon I wouldn't stay at 200 just for S7. Better to wait out once it hits test and then see what works there and what is needed.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

I don't say people don't play this game because there's surplus of credits and items.

I just sya that, on a fresh server, the gap will be smaller between old and new blood, making it easier for new players to pcik up the game.

Might make people stay with this game, because they don't get that far behind.

2. Too hard.
    No, not really. It's because it's boring. And it's definitely not hard today.

I just sya that, on a fresh server, the gap will be smaller between old and new blood
    For 1st few weeks, then nolifers, hardcores would move far away leaving casual players at start with even wider gap.
    i R not spik engrish

2. Too hard. (Compared to WoW)
    No, not really. It's because it's boring. And it's definitely not hard today.
    Fixed just for you...

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    For 1st few weeks, then nolifers, hardcores would move far away leaving casual players at start with even wider gap.
    I think it will take a year atlest. There is hardcore, but AO has huge ladder-factor. Everything is quite complex if you think further... Maybe I should make a own thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Why do people with no personal desire to change sides care one way or another about someone else wishing to do so? They pay their sub and they should be able to play on the side of their choosing. Would you rather see someone "go neutral" or just leave the game because they do not wish to continue their alignment with Omni or Clan? Mind your own, seriously. Way too many busy-bodies in this game worried about what other people do and how they prefer to experience the game they pay for.
    that + all the people who transferred from dnw to servers they had toons of other factions already.

side should be a choice (give it a 365days ingame timer or sth).

and about the absurd sentence - that was absurd =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    How would they move far away?
    They wont be able to move that fast I think, as there are no higher alts for them to farm their imps/symbs/armor etc or help them leveling.
    People don't have extended froob banks on this server etc.

How would they move far away?
    They wont be able to move that fast I think, as there are no higher alts for them to farm their imps/symbs/armor etc or help them leveling.
    All you need is one NT with wolf and run speed implants to power level them.

Fixed just for you...
    Good luck doing end game encounters in WoW without TS or vent and with PuGs.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:26:31.

All you need is one NT with wolf and run speed implants to power level them.
    OK so you kite, but you don't have cash for implants, or armor, or items.
    Who gives you wolf?
    Remember you start with NOTHING.

Frankly, all you need for end game encounters is a med suit.

Who gives you wolf?
    You roll the graft, duh.

BTW just think of the amount of spam first 220 will get ;D Everyone on same side asking for inf miss roll ;D

On a slick server you are missing some very important things with all this talk. First is just getting Inf boots on a team of 6 players let alone the entire server. Farming IG pattern with no 220 support. Oh yeah that will be fun.

But for cash. Yeah that is no brainer. Start in RK to get newcomers and Noob weapons. Go to SL get Jobe BY weapons and go farm pearls and coils in level 22 static for first good set of ql20/30 implants. With doja and crippler cave level 60's first day no doubt.

I played on test with it was wiped. They wiped it and brought it. A group of us (the bratpack) started a 6 MA team (first toons on wiped server) and was level 30 by time the BH/GM's logged on to check on us 4 hours later.

At the end of the first week they offered a 25 level boost to everyone over 85. I was 97. All this before there was SL. So with the XP in SL and the skill of our player base I say first 220's on clean server in 60 days.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    On a slick server you are missing some very important things with all this talk. First is just getting Inf boots on a team of 6 players let alone the entire server. Farming IG pattern with no 220 support. Oh yeah that will be fun.

But for cash. Yeah that is no brainer. Start in RK to get newcomers and Noob weapons. Go to SL get Jobe BY weapons and go farm pearls and coils in level 22 static for first good set of ql20/30 implants. With doja and crippler cave level 60's first day no doubt.

I played on test with it was wiped. They wiped it and brought it. A group of us (the bratpack) started a 6 MA team (first toons on wiped server) and was level 30 by time the BH/GM's logged on to check on us 4 hours later.

At the end of the first week they offered a 25 level boost to everyone over 85. I was 97. All this before there was SL. So with the XP in SL and the skill of our player base I say first 220's on clean server in 60 days.
    Yeah, also have to consider there is daily missions in game now which make leveling lot faster. Also xp-bonuses in SL-quest chains and garden keys.

Still, hitting 220 is the easy part. Getting the end game gear we currently have on RK1/RK2 is thought and will take some months, also ACDC is a intresting one ;D

First off AO Team, please consider my community Halloween wish list this year. Thanks!

--

Personally, I don't have any reason to want to switch back to neutral at any point in time. However, I have to support the comments and suggestions of people who are pointing out that going neutral makes more sense than going omni/clan story-wise. I do also agree that there should be a heavy penalty/lock-out of some sort to further support the 'change of heart' story-wise.

That said, thanks for the Q&A - good info.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Who gives you wolf?
    Remember you start with NOTHING.
    I started with nothing in the Shadowlands Beta after Funcom opened it to anyone but before they started handing out boosts. Most RK zones were locked but Borealis and Omni HQ were open. At level 112 I had blitzed everything I needed in Omni HQ that wasn't available in SL, including QL200 implants and all my nanos. Credits were never a problem. People mostly traded or gave away items they didn't need.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast