Thread: Patcher complains of a missing file

Patcher complains of a missing file

When trying to update to the latest patch I keep getting the following message:

Patch Failed: Old file does not exist. Current file:
    "cd_image\data\statels\1180.pf"

The message also suggest to reinstall AO, but I would rather try an easier solution first.
    I'm having Vista 32-bit and the game is installed out of Program Files. Would anybody know how to fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Promius View Post
    Patch Failed: Old file does not exist. Current file:
    "cd_image\data\statels\1180.pf"
    This message tells me that you are missing the playfield 1180.pf and the game is trying to update this file. Since I am not at home I can not tell you what playfield it is, but some how is not missing in your install and a reinstall would be the best suggestion unless you have a recent copy of AO somewhere.

Note to players; if you have to download AO and the install works make sure to burn it to a DVD or do a backup of it so you don't have to do it again in the near future, if it for some reason it brakes later.

1180 Clan Basic Store
    From pfnrmap.dat file.
    Not that it helps.. just a bit of info.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Same thing happened to me. Any clue ?