Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    removes all sacrifices of going full defenses. +500 - 750 tops.
    Sort of like NT's being able to go nr due to the NR debuffs?

if you remove MR give all atrox a breed change.

never a reason to be atrox after that.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Breed change with re balance. perfect timing.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Breed change with re balance. perfect timing.
    the point is that atrox is a useless breed if you remove MR. In order to even make atrox worth playing, keep MR as is.

It's really not that OP anymore and will be even less in the future. Once upon a time it was, but now it's more of a "strong tool" and less of "i win"
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

It's still an iWin button. Going full def and using a +1500 ar button as a crutch is not skill.
    Secretly Clan

Who says it's got to be about skill? Sometimes it's just about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and their ain't nothing wrong with that, especially in a game where randomness does dictate some of the outcome of an encounter. I don't think it's relevant if MR is an I-win button or not. It EXISTS is the point.

TBH, MR isn't all that bad considering it's limitations. I think your making much too large a deal about it. It's nice you have an opinion and you have your supporters but it's almost like you haven't been paying attention .... FC thinks MR is pretty good ... so much so that they plan to remove the negative aftereffects. I'm not saying you are wrong, but your opinions are in direct opposition to FC's current direction with MR and I don't think that approach is going to get you too far.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 30th, 2010 at 18:42:36.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Considering all the nerfs flying around with doc's and a sudden nerf in bs on dof/coon i don't see how MR is not seen as a perfect example of working game mechanic.

hit ai10. perk mr. profit hard.
    Secretly Clan

I guess your just putting on the blinders. I don't see how a nerf to CAPPING BS points indicates anything regarding offensive PVP perk effects. That's a massive stretch of the imagination and seems arther ridiculous to make that connection.

1. Check current perk documentation
    2. Convince yourself that your direction is not inline with FC's concepts

Q.E.D.

Don't like MR because your a crat? Start thinking about what things are in your toolset that can be adjusted to deal with it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 30th, 2010 at 18:50:25.

No I did not mean it like that. Just everything everyone considers is "not working as intended" is getting fixed. So professions going full def to take advantage of a ridiculous breed perk should be looked into as well. A temp +500 ar buff on someone full AR will be the same thing. Will perk everything but fixers. Instead of 0 effort and perking everyone except fixers.
    Secretly Clan

Well, I think that's just coincidence then because I don't think everything that is 'not working as intended' is getting fixed, at least not from the POV of non-FC devs. In fact, that's obviously not true, considering how many players think MR is OPed and how FC is making their adjustments to it.

People have a really lopsided view of how MR works because they think it's a no-skill, I-win thing. I think the limitations on it balance it out. That's just my opinion, but I'm not rampaging with pitchforks at least and as well, there are other i-win stuffs that aren't necessarily being touched either.

If you ask me, MR should be the same or MORE AR than it is now. It has an intention that is clear and it does cost significant AXP perk points to get it. I mean, less? I see the approach here ... make it borderline useless so no one will ever perk it. That's nonsense. It's not fooling anyone. Just campaign to get it removed and stop lying to us.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 30th, 2010 at 19:05:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Who says it's got to be about skill?
    Lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I guess your just putting on the blinders. I don't see how a nerf to CAPPING BS points indicates anything regarding offensive PVP perk effects. That's a massive stretch of the imagination and seems arther ridiculous to make that connection.

1. Check current perk documentation
    2. Convince yourself that your direction is not inline with FC's concepts

Q.E.D.

Don't like MR because your a crat? Start thinking about what things are in your toolset that can be adjusted to deal with it.
    Holy crap... I am getting so sick of you saying this. You do realize that FC is showing us the Documents so that we CAN COMMENT ON THEM. If FC had this master plan that didn't involve player feedback, we'd get a blind patch one day where the patch notes say "we changed some ****, hope you like it."

Maybe you should go look at what documents have changed based on player feedback so far, and maybe consider which ones are going to change when they hit the test server and we have more than raw numbers to tell FC they're screwing **** up royal.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

It's still an iWin button.
    It's really not. You wouldn't believe how often i still miss full auto/burst and cannot perk people even when MR is up. AI perks excluded. (which are useless anyway outside of conc.. for soldiers)

No body perks fixers though. And advies / crats are easily perkable when their temporary perks are down by anything with mr.

Thats why im not suggesting removing MR, its a good idea in theory. But +1500 removes any drawbacks of a setup.
    Secretly Clan

If you think MR is the perfect LOLwin button, you are soooo wrong. And a setup that can gain the most benefit of MR post balance is one based on the ability to gain an even higher AR, this also includes Champ of X. If you have one, but not the other, then its not even remotely close to a win win anything.

And the poor tool that things that MR will be the perfect way to win at AO, they are f***ing stupid. This includes anyone who believes that Troxes with MR are an adversary to be feared. They are f***ing stupid too.

Take way more than just 1 button win if you wanna use MR in any effective ganking setup.

People are really ignoring the current AR mechanic versus the new proposed AR mechanic slated to come to AO. Its all pen and paper PVP people are pre-emptively whining about. So, until it comes to pass that it proves to actually BE a LOLGNAK thing, then all the tears I see are folks that are crying for the sake of crying.

This forum really needs to stop false advertisement. I see more 'Butthurt Announcements' than actual facts and innovations.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Sep 30th, 2010 at 20:40:46.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Delete it completely. It's silly as it is.
    We are talking about Mongo Rage here, not your toon.

On topic: ofc a crat would love MR to be reduced to the point of where he cant be perked. Increase it`s duration!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    ... we have more than raw numbers to tell FC they're screwing **** up royal.
    You got nothing but speculation until the changes are implemented and we can test them. Maybe people should apply less mysticism and astrology and exercised more .... brains.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 30th, 2010 at 21:30:25.

+500 ar in a AR will ensure all shades,enforcers,soldiers, and any other high ar profession could perk me when shuffle is down.

shades going full def, soldiers, ma, and any support profession perking me with a def setup is not proper.

+1500 is clearly balanced.
    bring it down a notch. even 750 is a big improvement.
    Secretly Clan

Well it's not about you so .. that's not really a good argument.

it is stupid, 10ai levels to have the 95% in your favour, no sacrafices needed, just throw on as much aad as you can and keep 2.5k ar and profit.... 2.5k ar and 10 ai levels it not hard to do, could be done in about 3 weeks and totally negates toons that have spent months getting perfect setup and 220/70/30

the people who claim its not a iwin just cant play without it, like traders who say BR is fine or nts who think there -nr debuffs are currently fine
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast