Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well it's not about you so .. that's not really a good argument.
    its not about me. i used my evades as an example. only fixers have hiigher static. so if i can be perked so can 12 other professions
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    it is stupid, 10ai levels to have the 95% in your favour, no sacrafices needed, just throw on as much aad as you can and keep 2.5k ar and profit.... 2.5k ar and 10 ai levels it not hard to do, could be done in about 3 weeks and totally negates toons that have spent months getting perfect setup and 220/70/30

the people who claim its not a iwin just cant play without it, like traders who say BR is fine or nts who think there -nr debuffs are currently fine
    No, its still not an I win button.

As i've said before, once upon a time it was when people had much less HP, less defense, etc. Characters are now stronger defensively and outside of some static AR boosts, most characters hold the same offensive power that they had a few years ago.

Some obvious differences include enforcers, fixers, advys and perhaps NT's who have all substantially gained more offensive power through perks or new weapons. But NT's dont have a use for MR and advys and enfs do fine without it. Fixers do fine without it, though i could see an atrox fixer being wtf OP due to the nature of zero perkability ever, and +1500 AR on top of that might set them a notch above when they can just meep out when the -1000 aao draw back hits.

See, MR allows you to perk most professions, the only professions that become "i win" are current enforcers because of chain stuns. And it's really only the stuns. Without being stunned - you can mitigate a person for 10 seconds easily enough.

Fear, roots and back up, snares, YOUR OWN STUN, a well timed heal, coon, kiting and LOS abuse are just a few ways you can fight back against MR.

MR is not an "I win" button in and of itself. It should be left alone.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    its not about me. i used my evades as an example. only fixers have hiigher static. so if i can be perked so can 12 other professions
    I don't see the problem really. That's what MR is FOR.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I don't see the problem really. That's what MR is FOR.
    Yet again, your missing my point. MR should stay. It should not give 1500 ar. A 500 ar buff is massive for a breed perk. +500 lets you perk anyone with an AR oriented setup. Theres supposed to be sacrifices in what you do with your toon. Going full def and being able to perk anything is not a sacrifice.

My crat has about 2300 ar with a Remod. I could perk anything with MR if I had it except fixers. My crat is in a full defensive setup. Why is this logical?
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    No, its still not an I win button.

As i've said before, once upon a time it was when people had much less HP, less defense, etc. Characters are now stronger defensively and outside of some static AR boosts, most characters hold the same offensive power that they had a few years ago.

Some obvious differences include enforcers, fixers, advys and perhaps NT's who have all substantially gained more offensive power through perks or new weapons. But NT's dont have a use for MR and advys and enfs do fine without it. Fixers do fine without it, though i could see an atrox fixer being wtf OP due to the nature of zero perkability ever, and +1500 AR on top of that might set them a notch above when they can just meep out when the -1000 aao draw back hits.

See, MR allows you to perk most professions, the only professions that become "i win" are current enforcers because of chain stuns. And it's really only the stuns. Without being stunned - you can mitigate a person for 10 seconds easily enough.

Fear, roots and back up, snares, YOUR OWN STUN, a well timed heal, coon, kiting and LOS abuse are just a few ways you can fight back against MR.

MR is not an "I win" button in and of itself. It should be left alone.
    You admitted yourself a soldier can hit 3400 AR in an ar focused setup w/o towers or anything drastic. +500 from MR would let anything be perkable minus fixers. You decided to go DEF on your soldier, and still want to be able to perk anything in game. Sacrifices. I don't complain I can't perk things on my remod because I'm def setup. Theres supposed to be a draw back.
    Secretly Clan

Only problem I see with MR is that it's limited to trox and not an all-round perk really...

Then again... Why choose trox if not for MR?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

You admitted yourself a soldier can hit 3400 AR in an ar focused setup w/o towers or anything drastic. +500 from MR would let anything be perkable minus fixers. You decided to go DEF on your soldier, and still want to be able to perk anything in game. Sacrifices. I don't complain I can't perk things on my remod because I'm def setup. Theres supposed to be a draw back.
    I don't have MR perked on my soldier in def setup. Doing that nerfs the amount of perks I can use because the only viable weapon in def setup is Assault Rifle. Not enough perk damage with just PU perks so i have CoNC perked so the people I CAN perk i can at least do alpha damage to.

We dueled on test, do you remember me using MR? Trust me. I would if i'd had it.

Edit : Also that AR is static SMG attack rating. Our main perks check Ranged Energy, Full Auto, and Burst. That "3400 AR" is way above anything you can reach with RE/FA/Burst.

Yet again, your missing my point. MR should stay. It should not give 1500 ar. A 500 ar buff is massive for a breed perk. +500 lets you perk anyone with an AR oriented setup. Theres supposed to be sacrifices in what you do with your toon. Going full def and being able to perk anything is not a sacrifice.

My crat has about 2300 ar with a Remod. I could perk anything with MR if I had it except fixers. My crat is in a full defensive setup. Why is this logical?
    What you could perk really depends. If we are talking static without evade perks, yes. Sure.

Anything outside of that scenario - no, what you say isnt true.
    Last edited by Marinegent; Oct 1st, 2010 at 01:36:35.
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

I get your point ... MR should stay, as long as it's nerfed because as long as it has an AR that ensures what it's meant to do it's OPed.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 1st, 2010 at 02:44:16.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Have you given much thought as to maybe that being the POINT?! And, not all the other 12 professions are going to have it as good as you. And even further down that line of thinking, if you cant find a way to break that stride, then perhaps you're not as skilled as you think you are.

And even more, if the situation you describe you were caught with your pants down, then this is not a strong enough validation to nerf any prof for taking advantage of it.

You snooze. You loose. Nature of the beast. You'd be surprised how often perfectly decent PVP'rs cant be on top every second of every fight.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 1st, 2010 at 03:00:05.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    it is stupid, 10ai levels to have the 95% in your favour, no sacrafices needed, just throw on as much aad as you can and keep 2.5k ar and profit.... 2.5k ar and 10 ai levels it not hard to do, could be done in about 3 weeks and totally negates toons that have spent months getting perfect setup and 220/70/30

the people who claim its not a iwin just cant play without it, like traders who say BR is fine or nts who think there -nr debuffs are currently fine
    LOL have you ever done that very thing? I gaurantee you there is nothing in that setup that takes (lol i cant believe you said it) 3 weeks to build to destroy someone that has spent that much time making a perfectly good end game toon. In the event a situation arises that perhaps it may have worked, is a situation that the MR victim would have died anyway because that person was most likely not paying attention.

I have had it, been there, done that. It's nothing like what you describe. Your opinion is ignorant and your argument based upon that ignorance is completely untrue.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Tacky Hack makes me unrootable, unsnarable [For the most part]. This works well as a doctor. It works better when I use it to stop people's alphas, running around a corner. Cutting off 20 clans attacks on me, because I kept moving.

Mongo rage makes a nice moment of "Let's wack him". Atrox who use it right, it really makes their alpha work well. Receive mongo rage? Well, you won't really be hit when their -1000 attack rating, -1500 runspeed hits in. Run around, heal (You may not need both of them), and you're okay. If you're a bureaucrat, you have a nice 500 defense perk that would come off cooldown with Mongo Rage, which would definately dull out a lot of their mongo rage benefits.

Now, let's make Opifex and Nanomage have some benefit to putting 10 alien perks into a perkline that hands them mostly attributes.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Oct 1st, 2010 at 03:21:56.

I get your point ... MR should stay, as long as it's nerfed because as long as it has an AR that ensures what it's meant to do it's OPed.
    No, +1500 is overkill. +500 is enough in every situation in a AR setup. Why should someone go full def and still have the benefits of an AR setup? When someone works on their toon they should be able to perk people. Not hit ai10 with tl5 implants and medsuit.
    Secretly Clan

Hellrule makes a valid point, there really is no reason why a person should be able to sit comfortably in full defensive equip and perk everyone (save fixers). It should be used as a tool that is used in a normal Balanced equip that puts you over the edge to perk people you normally couldn't, and even more so in more AR oriented setups.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

MR should stay +1500ar. just add little more debuff when it ends. like -3k rs and -3k ar and -3k aad 20s.
    Last edited by Perskules; Oct 1st, 2010 at 07:20:04.
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Hellrule makes a valid point, there really is no reason why a person should be able to sit comfortably in full defensive equip and perk everyone (save fixers). It should be used as a tool that is used in a normal Balanced equip that puts you over the edge to perk people you normally couldn't, and even more so in more AR oriented setups.
    I find that awefully ironic, because thats precisely what shades want.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Only problem I see with MR is that it's limited to trox and not an all-round perk really...

Then again... Why choose trox if not for MR?
    The extra HP and added benefits of str/sta trickle
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    The extra HP and added benefits of str/sta trickle
    which is almost irrelevant compared to other breed strengths?

Id take survival over a no-MR trox any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on this?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on this?
    There is no need.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    There is no need.
    Oh look it's you! Shades are quite a unique case in which they have no toolset against anything without perks, and have no real (reliable) defense other than evades. I thought you'd know all about that

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast