Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rebalancing making a hard push for teaming over solo?

Well my newbie advie joined First Order, which advertises in chat in Rome and takes on low level players happily. First Order always has done afaik... way back to 2002ish I think.. and if I look through the recruiting page for Atlantean, I see quite a few orgs recruiting for players from low levels too.

So there are some options for lowbies. Perhaps not many... but they're there.

X

Yep, but those orgs don't do Heckers with an OST and NTs to PL you until you're ready to go to Inferno, then take you to 220 mishes, which is something people here take for granted.

And in a way it's actually good, at least new people won't be lost at level 200+ with a toon and a toolset they don't understand.

But it bring the point back that, it isn't as fast to level up as people here tend to say. Dailies help yes. But all the grinding needs to be done with people at your level, and to remain competitive you need to grind some armor + weapon + twink some imps/symbs too.
    Which is good, at least some toons won't be gimp like the 220 crats I see constantly who went from level 1 to 220 in like a week.

You know what's fun? Leveling an NT from 150 without kiting(I don't kite). I get mad invites to inferno missions because of my awesome damage! Oh wait... I get OD'd be everything. At 190 I do 35k DPM. I must be gimp but I don't really see how damage can be increased that much. I don't even bother trying to solo anymore. Even in daily missions, If it isn't a non-combat mission, I just delete it. Doesn't help that our only survival hope (NS2) is seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to get. Even with money. I have been trying to but it for a month and a half now with no luck. Don't worry though, We are completely overpowered and need a nerf in PvM and PvP because of Doubles and Triples. It has taken me awhile to finally get a toon to TL6 and I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I have a minimum of 20 levels left of being horrible at PvM and just so happens that 20 levels is a LOT of XP that I need to get without being desirable at all in teams.

TL;DR Does your cat make too much noise? Try Kitten Mittens!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Oh and Limdul, the population will not remain the way it is. Lots of folks talk to much doom and gloom, and no one remembers the part where there will be a massive ad and marketing campaign to bring new and returning blood back to the game. I, like you, believe much the same. That being said, AO's future is not going to be as bad as it is now. In fact, I am quite reassured that the population will need good experienced players like you and I to show them the ropes to be in successful teams. This is a great opportunity.
    Jezz i cant believe there are still ppl who actually believes that FC is going to invest in marketing campaign....Face it AO is 10 year old game with like 5 ppl working on it...no one will spend money to advertise it or anything major...even with new engine it still looks like crap comparing to other games so advertisment would be total fail.

Specially cant believe that u trust them after so many lies and "soons" that last for 3 years now with this stupid engine....last one was it will be in 1Q of 2011...guess what 2 more weeks until they broke their promise again( after so many who would care...) and engine or rebalance is not even on test servers...

What could happen is that after they say another "soon" and some poor excuse why engine/rebalance didn't came out, ppl could get sick of lies and foul promises and quit AO for good. ( and as much as i love this game, somehow i would like that to happen just to teach them a lesson that we are not idiots u can lie over and over again...which proly we are since we are still here...)
    Last edited by MyGift; Feb 12th, 2011 at 09:37:25.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    All these 220s and other near 220s complaining that it's too easy. Well duh, your end-game, if you can't steam roll most of the content your seriously gimp. How quickly they forget how hard it was trying to get from level 149 to 150 solo. This is bull, they just want to make it harder for future players to reach 220 and protect thier status as end game top of the heap toons.
    This!

"Its too easy" Yea its easy to get 220 when u can dual log and roll urself mishs as soon as ur alt hits 159 and buy kite team spots untill u are 159, also its easy to get him to inf when u have bilions and buying molar/inf boots is np. Its easy to triple log and solo alb for huds/cred, do ai raids solo dreads and sell lr and make more bilions and then again buy LR for stuff u need and in a month u have end game toon...

But put urself in position of guy who just poped in...Its fukin hell to even get impl/decent wep and some lvls...where will u farm bilions with only one toon which cant solo anything? If i recall correctly someone made a test( started from 0 with only one toon ) and said he needed 2 weeks playing ~8h per a day to get lvl 60 and lvl 50 ql impl set in....Its not an easy game...its proly one of the hardest to stick to and "its easy noob reroll" is not helping...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    All these 220s and other near 220s complaining that it's too easy. Well duh, your end-game, if you can't steam roll most of the content your seriously gimp. How quickly they forget how hard it was trying to get from level 149 to 150 solo. This is bull, they just want to make it harder for future players to reach 220 and protect thier status as end game top of the heap toons.
    to this, cause its fun: ok join date 2009 u have what a 210ish toon, trying to farm the phats, but hey u can get 220/30/70 SOLO just doing a few daily mishes, which most of the people who you are talking about did not have, YOU THINK IT WAS FUN DOING ENDLESS HOURS OF TIUN??? ( sorry if u dont know what im talkin about ), so better think about how much effort those players put in (while lvling, farming has alot harder) than now.

than to thread: id like to see more team action as long as I can still 2man 90% of the instas w crat+whatever combo ^^
    Last edited by Rush3R; Feb 12th, 2011 at 18:00:03.

i had a 220, rerolled a fixer and adv to 150...

let me tell you... that NT professional is right. teaming aint what it used to be, and its because of the jerks that think they are playing a multiplayer-optional game. they bring the team down simply with their presence, and the only reason they want to team is because they want to power through the levels so they can get to their respective twink level to "pwn" greens in bor.

power-leveling teams are not explicitly these types of teams. the best team i had leveling up was when i went from 115-150 on my adv in a day. i was on my main pocketing and having a grand time chattin with the nuker and the rest of the team. before we knew it, we had all gained 30+ levels and were actually kind of disappointed we didnt need to keep going.

those are the kinds of teams that AO used to be all about, now its a rarity and its full of the same jerks who want to 3 man beast and then sell the BOC/envy rights even though their org is full of folks who needed beast loot.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzoidbyrg View Post
    i had a 220, rerolled a fixer and adv to 150...

let me tell you... that NT professional is right. teaming aint what it used to be, and its because of the jerks that think they are playing a multiplayer-optional game. they bring the team down simply with their presence, and the only reason they want to team is because they want to power through the levels so they can get to their respective twink level to "pwn" greens in bor.

power-leveling teams are not explicitly these types of teams. the best team i had leveling up was when i went from 115-150 on my adv in a day. i was on my main pocketing and having a grand time chattin with the nuker and the rest of the team. before we knew it, we had all gained 30+ levels and were actually kind of disappointed we didnt need to keep going.

those are the kinds of teams that AO used to be all about, now its a rarity and its full of the same jerks who want to 3 man beast and then sell the BOC/envy rights even though their org is full of folks who needed beast loot.
    QFT

i did APF 28 a few days ago just to help out someone, and i was thinking that i had a pretty good team put together for what i had available to me on lft. crat, sol, doc (me), adv, enf, and a few others. were getting ready to start and the 215 enf says "we need a tank" and i got baffled. 215 enf in full 300 ofab / 300 CM and he can't tank 28? i ended up having to dual log my enf and tank+doc the raid, and my enf consists entirely of nodrop equipment.

oh, and against my better judgement and a pissed off girlfriend, i decided to let the other enf stay anyway.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    and the 215 enf says "we need a tank" and i got baffled. 215 enf in full 300 ofab / 300 CM and he can't tank 28? i ended up having to dual log my enf and tank+doc the raid
    The best thing you could have done for that enforcer was encourage/expect/force them to tank.
    Last edited by Biancha; Feb 15th, 2011 at 09:59:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmosis View Post
    You know what's fun? Leveling an NT from 150 without kiting(I don't kite). I get mad invites to inferno missions because of my awesome damage! Oh wait... I get OD'd be everything. At 190 I do 35k DPM. I must be gimp but I don't really see how damage can be increased that much. I don't even bother trying to solo anymore.
    Corruption of The Pest and Touch of the Pyre allrdy do 60k DPM! and both are lvlreq 165! the 165 double should so nrly same i think.

with the RK nukes you could also use dual pistols. for maybe additional 20k DPM! maybe more. idk. but 35k DPM sounds like you nuke every 10s^^ you sure NT is the right prof for you? :P
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234