Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Please dont kill tl5

TBH, Bs level ranges aren't about 'making sense' from a comparative abilities POV. It's much more fundamental .... it's about them actually RUNNING and making them run over the whole AO level range. The only thing that don't make sense is the 151-174 range. Not sure why FC caved into players whines on that one but I don't think anyone at this point would be disagreeable to a 151-200 range, seeing how successful all the other ones are.

I think that the whiners aside, if that range were fixed, then FC achieves the goal for all BS's running, simply based on population spreads and interest, which are the only reasonable things to use to determine these ranges anyways. Can't base level ranges on the desires of fickle players ... and when you do, you get a 151-174 BS. BTW, how is that BS running?
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 16th, 2010 at 06:48:43.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

^^
    that
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I'm struggling to see what the great success in the 101-150 BS has been. In my opinion it's very bad for BS when you have the possibility of pitting level 101's vs twinked or semi-twinked 150's.

The gap between the max/min level was never that bad for the TL5 BS.

I'd like to see a BS for each TL, simple as that, with various different tweaks at each level to make BS either easier to run at certain levels or more enjoyable (like boosts to speed at lower levels, access to osb'ing machines and NPC support in your 'zone')

The success is that it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The success is that it runs.
    only because the scary people can't get in

anyway, I guess it's g'bye tl5, and hullow tl3 for mee'z _~~~
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    I'm struggling to see what the great success in the 101-150 BS has been. In my opinion it's very bad for BS when you have the possibility of pitting level 101's vs twinked or semi-twinked 150's.
    So tell me what would level 101 player prefer more? Active BS where they get slapped but where they also get VPs or no BS at all? Besides proper lowbie twinks can do well vs 150s too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEsOWvOy0Q. Not to mention there's at least some challenge which can never be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    So tell me what would level 101 player prefer more? Active BS where they get slapped but where they also get VPs or no BS at all? Besides proper lowbie twinks can do well vs 150s too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEsOWvOy0Q. Not to mention there's at least some challenge which can never be bad.
    I'd prefer BS rounds to be more even so that regular players can stand a chance and be competetive. I don't think that BS should be a place for twinks and a side having more 'twinks' shouldn't decide a BS round. NW should be for twinks and more development and focus should be placed on this aspect of the game to bring it back to life at every level.

In my opinion probelms with BS would be solved at all levels by mixing sides. The main problems people have during BS are:

1. Round won't run due to not enough on each side, regardless of the fact that there can be 15+ people wanting a round of BS - Mixing sides solves this.

2. Once a round has started the side with the better players always wins, causing people to give up - Mixing sides solves this.

3. Spawn camping - Mixing sides would stop this. I've never really seen spawn camping happen when the sides are more evenly matched.

Mixing sides is a different issue than how the levels are distributed for the BS instances. I agree with that though. Mixing sides would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    I'd prefer BS rounds to be more even so that regular players can stand a chance and be competetive. I don't think that BS should be a place for twinks and a side having more 'twinks' shouldn't decide a BS round. NW should be for twinks and more development and focus should be placed on this aspect of the game to bring it back to life at every level.

In my opinion probelms with BS would be solved at all levels by mixing sides. The main problems people have during BS are:

1. Round won't run due to not enough on each side, regardless of the fact that there can be 15+ people wanting a round of BS - Mixing sides solves this.

2. Once a round has started the side with the better players always wins, causing people to give up - Mixing sides solves this.

3. Spawn camping - Mixing sides would stop this. I've never really seen spawn camping happen when the sides are more evenly matched.
    Yep bump for mixing sides. It could improve BS activity at certain TLs. But not all of them. F. ex. TL3/4 BS used to lack plenty (if not all of them) of ppl on both sides. Also it's impossible to prevent twinks from joining BS (how could you define who's twinked enough and who isn't anyway?). Twinks (well, and cappers) will always be the key to win BS. Ofc unless you propose to nullify twinking as a whole but that would be dumb since it's alpha and omega of AO.
    Last edited by Scottik; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 18:30:59.

How i love youtube and copyright issues + videos with that option selected... proxy searching again...

edit: video seems not to work any more, but trader twink wouldn't been so interesting to see anyways
    Last edited by Seinstheorie; Oct 21st, 2010 at 22:46:06.

Works fine for me. I guess the issue is on your side. Besides it's not about being interesting but it shows that lower lvls can be dangerous as well

Hm yeah tried it again and now it works, same proxy i tried yesterday as first one.

With boring i meant: Trader is one of few profs that can actually be competative at that level on that bs. For most other profs it won't work too well except you're twinked and facing only untwinked chars on other side.

edit: video breaks off when it gets interesting and not really much fights shown there anyway.
    Last edited by Seinstheorie; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 23:16:35.

Well but they still got some chance and they don't meet top lvl (150 in this case) players only. Besides more important point remains - they can at least participate now.

100 - 139 (dof/limber, enduring symbs)
    140 - 164 (TL5, S10, tower twinks)
    165 - 189 (TL5, S7, levellers)
    190 - 214 (S7, TL6, levellers)
    215 - 220

One thing is for sure:
    175 - 214 BS is exactly that: BS!
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    100 - 139 (dof/limber, enduring symbs)
    140 - 164 (TL5, S10, tower twinks)
    165 - 189 (TL5, S7, levellers)
    190 - 214 (S7, TL6, levellers)
    215 - 220

One thing is for sure:
    175 - 214 BS is exactly that: BS!
    Only 140-164 and 190 to 214 would run.

140-164 is fine, except that it still sucks, because wtf are people 100-139 doing, and what are 165-189 doing?

These would never run, and 190-214 is more broke than 101-150, so, these make no sense.

101-150,
    151-200,
    201+

is ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    TBH, Bs level ranges aren't about 'making sense' from a comparative abilities POV. It's much more fundamental .... it's about them actually RUNNING and making them run over the whole AO level range. The only thing that don't make sense is the 151-174 range. Not sure why FC caved into players whines on that one but I don't think anyone at this point would be disagreeable to a 151-200 range, seeing how successful all the other ones are.

I think that the whiners aside, if that range were fixed, then FC achieves the goal for all BS's running, simply based on population spreads and interest, which are the only reasonable things to use to determine these ranges anyways. Can't base level ranges on the desires of fickle players ... and when you do, you get a 151-174 BS. BTW, how is that BS running?
    Except what us "whiners" asked for wasn't what we got. We wanted to keep 150-174. Which was running pretty much always.

FC went ahead and changed the ranges anyway though. Against what our "whiners" wishes. And looky. Now 151-174 is dead just as we said it would be.

Yes 101-150 does run now. But they screwed over the old 150-174 to make that happen. That's FCs' fault. Not ours.

End result: All the old tl5 twinks now not only face non existent notum wars due to overpowered tl7 twink killers, they now also don't get to do BS anymore. FC seems hell bent on killing this range. What a shame.
    Some of us put thousands of hours into these toons and now they have been made useless. What a load of crap.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Dec 31st, 2010 at 08:27:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Except what us "whiners" asked for wasn't what we got. We wanted to keep 150-174. Which was running pretty much always.

FC went ahead and changed the ranges anyway though. Against what our "whiners" wishes. And looky. Now 151-174 is dead just as we said it would be.

Yes 101-150 does run now. But they screwed over the old 150-174 to make that happen. That's FCs' fault. Not ours.

End result: All the old tl5 twinks now not only face non existent notum wars due to overpowered tl7 twink killers, they now also don't get to do BS anymore. FC seems hell bent on killing this range. What a shame.
    Some of us put thousands of hours into these toons and now they have been made useless. What a load of crap.
    qft. I vote for a BS rebalance asap. And the bloody PVP range thing. I'm SO sick of 207's. until theres a reasonable change to PVP range, I'm considering quitting.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678