Thread: 18.3.13 Patch problems

18.3.13 Patch problems

Patching crashes on checksum does not match and exe installer cannot find patch on patch servers....

Any clues what to do? (and do not suggest reinstalling of game as I really do not want to go through this torture..)

Just for info - i have problems with checksumming on patcher for very long time, but every time exe patcher did the trick. But not this time :-/
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

HA! It works now. Damn, thank you !
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

still problems here, and its the same on 2 different PCs so its not a local issue.. Vista 64 and Vista 32

I have reinstalled on PC one and it stopped patching at 18-1-2 with a similar checksum error

Error checksumming file patches\V18-3-12>EP!-V18-3-13! The checksum does not match

Copying the patch files over manually didnt work either..

edit: ok, got there in the end. Deleted contents of the Patch folder and manually downloaded all the patch files I was missing. pfft
    Last edited by Sumini; Oct 1st, 2010 at 20:12:31.

Oh yeah, I've gotten this checksum problem for couple years now. I can sometimes get the normal patching method to work for one or two patches after fresh install, but after it gets broken, it stays broken.. The reason seems to be that the normal patching process ends up downloading something else than the correct files or somehow gets corrupted download. (And the problem is NOT my system/software/ISP, since 100% everything else gets downloaded with no errors whatsoever). Tells something about the patcher's quality.

I reported couple times about the problems (and plenty others have, too), but there seems to be no light in the end of this tunnel. I've no longer bothered to even try the normal patching, but always go download the files manually from the FTP server and that way it works perfectly every time. Just quite inconvenient.
    Bugi, level 150 fixer, general of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)
    (and plenty more of 'bugs' and 'bags')

I was lucky; this is what worked for me:
    -deleted all in patch folder
    -manual download of the tricky patch
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader