Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoujeanne View Post
    500 NR is a really big boost considering what items and some buffs give you which is nowhere near that amount and HHAB is probably OP for lower players which I can agree on.
    After reading responses you all make it sound impossible to get loot anymore, you can out heal the Pande DOT (unless it was changed? which I doubt) since I know there has been level 1s in Pande before, you could have a friend out heal the DOT so you can get your item if that's just the big issue here, you better know someone who will do that for you since you shouldn't be winning those in a Raid in the first place at low levels specially Sub 200 unless it's rotting. There is no level lock on Pande so you should be happy with that and you still have a way of getting loot.
    Acctualy this won't work for tl6 players, unless they are low-hp twinks. I understood that 1lvls work cause env damage gets capped, and on slow tick rate and end game hots etc. it's easy. Doable on later also, but lot harder if don't have dedicated doc...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    as already said in the coon nerf thread, you can cancel AMS to recap, you can cancel Bio Cocoon but cannot recap, you cannot even cancel Dance of Fools. It is very frustrating as Profession using Dance of Fools that you cannot even cancel your Def, to do something useful after clearing a point, when you have used your toolset to clear the point, but you cannot cap it at all. I don't think, the way to fix that now could be to make it impossible to cancel the AMS, but to make it possible to cancel Dance of Fools and Bio Cocoon. You'll sacrifice your defence in order do help your side winning the battlestation.
    Coon AND DoF? Is this an Advy whining? Seriously???
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Sadly even the population on RK 1 is shocking nowadays :/

Dont let anyone fool you that it's just people are spread out more, that's simply not true imo.
    Yahhh.... it's somewhere. You ever wonder how the cities pay for themselves? It's something like 300 M/month for those things. And they almost never turnover. That's money that's being bled out of the economy. The money supply should have tightened up, even regular player to player prices should have risen, cities should have started changing hands or going bankrupt months after their release.

They didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Yahhh.... it's somewhere. You ever wonder how the cities pay for themselves? It's something like 300 M/month for those things. And they almost never turnover. That's money that's being bled out of the economy. The money supply should have tightened up, even regular player to player prices should have risen, cities should have started changing hands or going bankrupt months after their release.

They didn't.
    Yep, there is huge amounts of cash involved with them. I calced recently with average of 30M a city and with 285 old cities, monthly spend is around 8,550B and yearly 102,6B with new 48 averaging around 70M? this would lead to addtional 3.36B, that forgeting the 50Ms of instanced cities.

On RK2 I have noticed slight drop in end-game gear. Likely caused by Collector and on other hand maybe strenghten finaly by cred sinking.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

k.

may be i'm a little grumpy (or not) irl today, but i'm wanting some CONSISTENT news like new engine previews (e.g.) or such. i don't say you worked on noth AO team side. i don't say it's easy to communicate weekly. but this feel as one more week looking kinda "empty" from player's sight.

i mean : 2 or 3 weeks we ear about new BS ranges. almost as much about new engine skyes. another equal period promising engi docs and new alien content ; the BS are patched only now, there's no render about skyes to see, no engi doc, alien content delayed again ...

complaining about it might be useless but i felt to say this.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I don't think that I have ever seen a bigger bunch of crybabies in this game over a single item. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Has 151-174 BS actually run on RK2, because I haven't seen it...

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I know Autohead didn't ask it in the kindest, most polite way possible, but you know what? He's pissed off. So am I. So are several others in this thread who feel absolutely cheated, because a man who has told all of us that "level locks are bad" and that he loves twinking has given no reason why this ring is locked, besides "Stop trollin'".
    A completely overpowered item that would have been impossible to balance in a situation where 150-189 toons get owned by nukes in pvm but 190-200 are practically immune, so they moved the item is as obvious a decision as it gets. Since the game director is a person like any of us, I actually expect him to make a smart-ass remark to a dumbass question.

"Twinking" also does not apply to an already 190 level-locked item I can equip at 100 to 126 depending on breed alone. There is no 190 HHaB "twink" and there is no need for that item to be equipped on anyone who cannot actively assist a pandemonium raid. If you want to leech all you need is a healer to help you (how do you think level 1's get to beast?)

He could have just removed the NR buff, then that 10 levels might seem a lot more tame to you guys.

- New always open pvp area added for seven different level ranges (level 10+). Accessible through the new PvP signup common area.
    I am sad for my level 1 not having a place to pvp, but even if you said it would be open a long time ago I can understand if it is better to keep the low levels out of such places. Still would like to know if there was any chance of a pvp experience that my level 1 could participate in would be possible.

- New Battlestation level ranges introduced and less players are now required to both start a battlestation AND keep it running. New common signup room for all ranges accessible from old BS terminals. New ranges are:

10-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-174
    175-214
    215-220
    This, however, surely in the multitudes of suggested ranges in the last FWM at least one of the many that were better than this grouping could have been accepted? Is this level range now the final decision or can we see more fine tuning for better grouping?

Moving the HHaB level range only makes the 150ish to 200 and 201 to 220 range more reasonable, so if anything I would ask that those final groupings be looked into again. Also keep in mind that Ofab is great armor at low levels, and that it is nice regardless of the pvp when a player can have a decent armor for leveling.

Fair enough. What I did wasn't entirely appropriate...making more work for our own moderators is hardly rational behaviour. What is acceptable...and I use the term losely...behaviour from members of the player base is not necessarily "Ok" from me. I'm sorry if turning tables a bit there wasn't "Ok". I'm even sorrier that some people took themselves so seriously that they were unable to see the humor in it. Some of you work pretty much full-time trying to get under my skin. Sometimes you manage. The vast majority of the time I think I handle the collective scorn thrown at me and my team rather well. I didn't explain this (HHAB changes) earlier as other pressing issues kept me busy. Friday with Means is now written on Thursday to give the community team a chance to translate it in a timely manner...this one was finished at 10:30pm last night.

Giving an answer as to why we changed HHAB doesn't necessarily mean you will agree as I imagine some of you previously had characters with HHAB equiped and you therefore will have perhaps less than unbiased perspective on the subject.

While not *everyone* will agree that +500 NR on a single BUYABLE item is excessive...I think we can all agree it is significant. We felt that it was too significant in both PvM and PvP at the levels it was currently available at. While we are in the process of changing level ranges for PvP and making a PvM playfield that covered the level range in question we felt we would change it. We did not "add" another level locked item to the game...but we did change the nature of it. I do not like level locks but there was no other way to remove this from players of that range. I would prefer to have switched it to a pure skill requirement...but removing it based on people not meeting that skill requirement on log-in would produce obvious results in this game. I recognize this will make life difficult for players who at level 190 feel they need Beast loot. The fact that this is the gear being used seems like another small problem to me rather than something that should be further enabled and encouraged. We have further plans for this item and others that I am not prepared to share at this time. Sector 7 (new upcoming 150-200 Alien single team instance indoors playfield) will more than likely have a more level appropriate ring covering similar stats...and likely without a level lock but rather skill requirements.

Level locks are bad. I still feel that way. Things are not always black and white unfortunately. No matter how much some of us wish they were.
    There were much better ways to have handled the nerf and to have communicated the issue. As for stopping 190-200 people aquiring Beast loot and considering it a problem that they can? please, look at the history of this game: this 'problem' has been going on since 2003 when Pande was first opened. It seems more like You have a problem with it yourself, Please stop micromanaging our playing experience...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    I don't think that I have ever seen a bigger bunch of crybabies in this game over a single item. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
    The recent outcry regarding HH@B is nothing compare to the tirade of gripes and complaints we can see regarding something PvP related. Just look at the first FwM that the changed BS lvl ranges were introduced in and compare that to the HH@B thread in the 18.3 forum. The reason HH@B changed was no doubt because of such never ending complaints by a loud minority. If it wasn't for that Means and company would have likely just carried on and not touched it or at least not any time soon.

Does it have some affect in PvM, sure, it doesn't make you immune to nanos that have NR def checks though. Except when in Pand I didn't wear it at 200 even when fighting mobs with annoying nanos as it didn't seem to stop all that many more nanos from hitting than without it and I had other useful rings to use. Same goes for PvP, it's just that people overreact over the fact that it will have some influence. Just as some gripe about how huge an affect HH@B supposedly has others start threads to gripe that NR doesn't seem to do all that much as even with lots of it people land nanos on them often.

What had riled up people here was more Means' response to Autohead than regarding HH@B itself.

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post

They didn't.
    Oh really ? The 3 or so empty plots that I alone have found recently would stand you corrected.
    Edit. 300m for a city, really ? Shows what you know about cities. Even the most expensive plots on RK are only juts over 100m p/m....And what exactly that subject has to do with population is beyond me. To my mind it just shows more people are holding multiple plots & more people have 'farm cities' - nothing more.
    Last edited by Aiken; Oct 2nd, 2010 at 02:41:21.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Coon AND DoF? Is this an Advy whining? Seriously???
    I don't have an Advy and i want to be able to disable DOF or Coon (both perks have the same problem to my opinion) when I want to like I can do it on my soldier. Not only an Advy has DoF. As i said in my post, i just want DoF, Coon and AMS treated in the same way, so that you can cancel them when you want to in order to cap and remain as a defenseless piece of meat for the time till I can use my perks again, like a soldier who can cancel his AMS in order to cap. Right now, you cannot cap for 40 seconds (when you hit the DoF perk), no matter what you do. Coon Profs have just a 20 seconds lock, soldiers have no lock at all (but they cannot cast any defensive nanos though).
    It's allright that an advy cannot cap with Coon and DoF up (or any other profession with it's defense up like it was handled with soldiers all of the time), but that you cannot cancel it in order to cap is just silly. If you have Coon and DoF cancelled before you cap, you're defenseless anyways, so why is that a problem? For soldiers it seems to be allright to cancel their defense though. That's just inconsistent.
    Last edited by Artorius; Oct 2nd, 2010 at 07:12:49.

Artorius is making a valid point. All those defs should be treated the same.

lol Means, don't let em pull you in man! just don't do it! you'd rly hate the trash talk in game if this stuff gets to ya.

nobody's gonna quit the game because the GD gets his now n then.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Fair enough. What I did wasn't entirely appropriate...making more work for our own moderators is hardly rational behaviour. What is acceptable...and I use the term losely...behaviour from members of the player base is not necessarily "Ok" from me. I'm sorry if turning tables a bit there wasn't "Ok". I'm even sorrier that some people took themselves so seriously that they were unable to see the humor in it. Some of you work pretty much full-time trying to get under my skin. Sometimes you manage.
    For the record, Means asked me to please moderate the entire trolling-related discussion, which I have done (resulting in 26 removed and 6 edited posts - INCLUDING his own). The bulk of the actual discussion regarding the issue remains, but the trolling and flaming related posts are gone.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Oh really ? The 3 or so empty plots that I alone have found recently would stand you corrected.
    Edit. 300m for a city, really ? Shows what you know about cities. Even the most expensive plots on RK are only juts over 100m p/m....And what exactly that subject has to do with population is beyond me. To my mind it just shows more people are holding multiple plots & more people have 'farm cities' - nothing more.
    3 empty plots on Atlantean. Where? I don't own a city so my numbers are vague memories from years ago, many years ago, when everyone in the org was asked to chip in. The number was well over 100 M, near as I recall. But the specifics are not critical. A lot of money has been bled out of this game's economy since cities were made available, a lot a lot. A lot of money is still being bled out. Someone is earning that money. To earn that money they must play this game. So even if we aren't seeing these people they are most definitely playing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    For the record, Means asked me to please moderate the entire trolling-related discussion, which I have done (resulting in 26 removed and 6 edited posts - INCLUDING his own). The bulk of the actual discussion regarding the issue remains, but the trolling and flaming related posts are gone.
    Bet you never expected to have to clean up something like that which occurred for the reason it did.

The Old Republic can't come out soon enough.

For all those who seem outraged at FWM for the past few months, we could always ask Colin to go back to what previous Game Directors did.

What was it, once, maybe twice a year (if lucky) updates on the state of the game?

Come on people, the whole Dev Team is working hard, just because you don't see it yourself or decided on your own that they are too (pick your word) in your opinion, doesn't mean they aren't making progress.

For years, there have been troll crying foul for every little thing they didn't like changed (or unchanged), or predicting the game would die within a year (and we're going towards year 10 now, lol!).

Come on, get off your high pedestals people and let's try to work together with what we have and stop all this ******** which only serves to add more stress on a Game Director... which honestly, has enough of it already.

As soon as there is a new engine video ready for the public, it will be available at AO Universe, it's a promise.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

the problem is, the development team does everything they can do with hardly any resources at all.

but then they listen to ppl like "forgotthename"... who where crying "OMG! 150-200! HOW UNFAIR! 175-214 much better! i know how to twink a 175ish toon (yes one nerd really said that) to kill 214ish ones easily! difference 150 to 200 is way bigger than 175-214 (lol)! hh@b is soo overpowered! devs got no idea! hh@b here, hh@b there"

and that ends up in a screw up.

and that's exactly why the "balancing" will most likely whipe half the population out of the game.
    because actually FC is destroying outsidebuffing and making everything harder with the nerfbat because a minority on forums is crying that everything is too easy nowadays...

i just can hope "balancing" will take as long as the engine and i am not the only one there.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast