Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Means, this new BS waiting room sucks balls. Its so small that it reminds me gas chambers i saw once in Auschwitz. So many people stuck there like sardines, no room to duel ...

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    but then they listen to ppl like "forgotthename"... who where crying "OMG! 150-200! HOW UNFAIR! 175-214 much better! i know how to twink a 175ish toon (yes one nerd really said that) to kill 214ish ones easily! difference 150 to 200 is way bigger than 175-214 (lol)! hh@b is soo overpowered! devs got no idea! hh@b here, hh@b there"

and that ends up in a screw up.
    The name was Jekoblastah or something and i saw him yesterday on his 150 fixer in front of 101-150 BS :P

Thx Jeko, GJ, go and rott in front of your castrated BS!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I think everyone is frustrated at the glacial progress of the new engine and balancing act, the GD included. It shows with the change in tone on these very forums. Communication is now becoming hostile as patience wears then.

The inability to produce a quality in-house demo of the new engine speaks volumes. The open trolling of the GD, even more so.

Hey look! Over there is a wall with some writing on it! You should probably read it.

Dont know about the rest, but im not bothered very much by lack of engine, rebalance, or trolling GDs.
    There are 2 things that bother me.

One is the inconsistency in informing the community. Big walls of text are not needed, just a simple explanation when something doesnt go to plan. "The video we expected to put out in a few weeks cant be done in the foreseable future because of something or another happened" would, im sure, stop almost all the whinning about the lack of it. We dont need constant and complete info. But a simple sentence will do a big lot. It wouldnt even require explaining sometimes. Just an acknowledgement of the situation. "Cant explain why HH@B is going to be changed but there is a reason for it".

Another, more serious IMO, problem is the apparent reliance on trusthworthy players for feedback and the ignoring of most of the rest of the community. Im sure that there are several players who have the whole DB memorised and can plan a new twink with only a pencil and piece of paper at hand. That doesnt mean that those persons opinion is based on selfless goodwill to the game.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Dont know about the rest, but im not bothered very much by lack of engine, rebalance, or trolling GDs.
    There are 2 things that bother me.

One is the inconsistency in informing the community. Big walls of text are not needed, just a simple explanation when something doesnt go to plan. "The video we expected to put out in a few weeks cant be done in the foreseable future because of something or another happened" would, im sure, stop almost all the whinning about the lack of it. We dont need constant and complete info. But a simple sentence will do a big lot. It wouldnt even require explaining sometimes. Just an acknowledgement of the situation. "Cant explain why HH@B is going to be changed but there is a reason for it".

Another, more serious IMO, problem is the apparent reliance on trusthworthy players for feedback and the ignoring of most of the rest of the community. Im sure that there are several players who have the whole DB memorised and can plan a new twink with only a pencil and piece of paper at hand. That doesnt mean that those persons opinion is based on selfless goodwill to the game.
    I couldnt agree more.

Thats something Means should enframe and hang it over his workplace.
    ಠ_ಠ

indeed, u can solo almost every boss in inferno (that doesnt init debuff) with a well twinked and outbuffed tl5 doc -
    is that a reason to say everything is to easy? - no
    is that a reason why everybody should be nerfed ? - no

a untwinked shade doesn't see light on the bs...
    does that make the whole prof bad? - no
    should everything be "balanced" so he is doing better? - no

even tho some ppl might not want to hear it - but AO is kinda pvp balanced (except nt in my oppinion, should be glass-cannon - not steal-cannon).
    almost every prof can rock in pvp/pvm if really twinked atm... making balance on "who screams loud and i heard this - they say that" - will be a disaster.

honestly... how ppl want to balance a game that are kinda believing that 175-214 is fairer and better than 150-200 just because some ppl been spamming the forums because they might get killed on their toons then?

i really think the developers intention is good - but they are really really listening to the wrong "advisors"
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I think everyone is frustrated at the glacial progress of the new engine and balancing act, the GD included. It shows with the change in tone on these very forums. Communication is now becoming hostile as patience wears then.
    i got this feeling too. totally true.
    reducing BS range number is "cool". proposed new range seems "nice".
    wanting to control NR level @ TL6 is "okay" (even if choosing level lock for this is argueable).
    but after all no "consistent" stuff : new engine previews, engi rebalance doc, S7 boss screen ?

nothing hostile from me : i understand WHY the GD and FC don't want to post stuff too early. also their time is prolly not extensible, there ain't billions people/dollars invested on AO today and so on.
    at the same time i don't get HOW that would take more than 10 minutes for 1 person to screen some new engine skyes or some S7 bosses. may be it's only me, but i think these 10 minutes would be more profitable for all community following AO changes than any forum PVP on any change (bs range, haab, whatever). so it's useless to post stuff too late ...

admit it : the rebalance docs are more toward experienced players still playing or pausing, but the old/new players are far away from these technical considerations.
    you might not realize it, but to contribute keeping AO alive we, active playerbase, DO need to have pix/vid to show + a wall of text along with it, for explanation & context.
    for now weeks we have had interesting walls of text (aou/ga interviews, Fw(/o)M, Q&A) but except for those that were in Oslo & checked new engine, the last visual novelty was given July the 23rd by Kin (3 heads). 2 monthes ... i honestly hope you're gonna shake booties up there !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Suggestion about HHAB

Would it be possible to put a level 175 lock on it, like alot of the pande items? Then add some code that only gives nanoresist buff if user is above 200?

Just wondering... why not simply do this:
    Code:
    ToWear
    	Self	Sense	>=	600	And
    	Self	Psychic	>=	600	And
    	Self	Level	>=	190
    OnWear
    	Wearer	Modify	NanoResist	500
    		IF	Level	>=	201
    	Wearer	Modify	RunSpeed	100
    	Wearer	SetFlag	SLZoneProtection	Pandemonium
    This way, TL6 can wear it to get to pande and the NR buff is only given to lvl201+ toons.
    Hell, remove the ToWear level lock altogether, there's plenty level ones with Beast loot in Social as it is.

p.s. Sector 7's probably gonna have plenty of nuking mobs...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    For the record, Means asked me to please moderate the entire trolling-related discussion, which I have done (resulting in 26 removed and 6 edited posts - INCLUDING his own). The bulk of the actual discussion regarding the issue remains, but the trolling and flaming related posts are gone.
    Lol. Next week's FwM will be delayed because of Mean's infraction points!

/joke

Loving the balance document
    <3 bs steps being removed
    edit: just bothered to read previous pages.
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Oct 2nd, 2010 at 14:49:08.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Sector 7 (new upcoming 150-200 Alien single team instance indoors playfield)
    That was new to me.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

The main thing with these BS changes is that it actually reduced the running of the lowest level, reduced the running of 151-174 and people are already getting really sick of 207+ raping their tl5's. We went from 3 active BS ranges to 2 smaller active ranges.

You can make 6 total BS's where all but the 60ish to 100 range will likely run regularly. People quit when they get dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    The Old Republic can't come out soon enough.
    I'm making a bounty hunter, I know all the kiddy noobs will all go Sith straight off the bat. How about you, we be friends or enemies
    Last edited by Gatester; Oct 2nd, 2010 at 16:07:08.

Bounty Hunters sucks... Smuggler is the way to go Han Solo ftw...

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Wow, so so true. Too many times it seems the fanbois are the ones the team listen to. Seems if you are part of the teams Clique you can pretty much get them to hang on your words, if not however...hard luck. Ive heard this from several quarters for a while now and it seems to get truer by the day.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

There's a difference between constructive criticism and whining because you didn't get your way.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Geez, give it a rest.
    We got the answer. I don't really see the need to discourage pande loot from pre 200s but it's their decision. People not agreeing with it and voicing it? That's cool. Going on a temper tantrum and making it sound like Means is on a secret campaign to nerf our gameplay is just silly though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Starphoenix View Post
    That was new to me.
    Actually they said the 150-200 APF was going to be a team instanced zone from the start or not long after.

------------------------------

It is of course nice that they talk to us. It's also nice that they take what people say into consideration, although only to a point. After changes we've seen regarding this or that it seems like they're trying to listen to and please people too much resulting in a mess in the end.

Then the ones they seemingly end up listening to the most are a few loud people on the forums. Some of those on the forums aren't even playing and there's more people in game than on the forums. As they seem to listen to the ones that yell the loudest and raise the most trouble more people do just that in an effort to get things to change the way they want them to. When Means and company bow to the wills of a few loud people it tends to result in more problems for everyone else.

It'd be better if they tried to include as many as they can that are playing in some structured manner like polls conducted in game or through the launcher rather than rely on the forums so much for input. For rebalance info just give us info on the concepts in the works rather than specific nano data. The details will come out later when people rip item DB anyhow. I'm sure they've got all the concepts worked out, we really can't respond to the details too well given how much we don't know after all.

I, for one, believe that most professionals have been able to give quite valuable feedback on many things. It's a system that's designed for the purpose of the above post - give structured, proper feedback. And no, those guys aren't slow in the head, and most seem to be able to opinions that are usually not heavily biased.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Oh really ? The 3 or so empty plots that I alone have found recently would stand you corrected.
    Edit. 300m for a city, really ? Shows what you know about cities. Even the most expensive plots on RK are only juts over 100m p/m....And what exactly that subject has to do with population is beyond me. To my mind it just shows more people are holding multiple plots & more people have 'farm cities' - nothing more.
    I think I used to be the owner of the most expensive city on Rubi-Ka. 178m per month. Last I know, it was owned by Cybor Club on RK1.
    Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I, for one, believe that most professionals have been able to give quite valuable feedback on many things. It's a system that's designed for the purpose of the above post - give structured, proper feedback. And no, those guys aren't slow in the head, and most seem to be able to opinions that are usually not heavily biased.
    Certainly not true for at least one profession I can think of...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Bounty Hunters sucks... Smuggler is the way to go Han Solo ftw...
    I'm a big Star Wars fan. My only complaint about every Star Wars MMO is fanboyism makes it unfun. The rivers of tears people are going to have about Jedi/Sith not being powerful enough, being overpowered, and the massive amount of ******ry that is going to come from all the 12 year olds who quit WoW to come be their favorite Star Wars character is probably going to make me rage.
    Last edited by SultryVoltron; Oct 2nd, 2010 at 19:43:12.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I'm sure most are doing a good job of things and know more about what's planed than the rest of us to at least some extent allowing them to provide more useful feedback. Although there are other things that are more general that they likely aren't connected to as they probably deal with just the prof related issues.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast