Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I think everyone is frustrated at the glacial progress of the new engine and balancing act, the GD included. It shows with the change in tone on these very forums. Communication is now becoming hostile as patience wears then.
    This sounds like the beginning of a survival horror movie or game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I'm making a bounty hunter, I know all the kiddy noobs will all go Sith straight off the bat. How about you, we be friends or enemies
    I have yet to decide between Jedi Knight and Sarlacc Enforcer.

I'm thinking Jedi Knight will be my tank toon, Sarlacc Enforcer will be my DPS toon.

It would be so easy to make polls before important changes go live. This forum does have a built in poll function, but it seems like FC does not know that...

As much as I like AO and personally really like the humor of the GD and his Team - they just don't work professionally. There is, from my point of view, no excuse for making promises again and again and in the end the result is nothing than hot air.

I understand that handling an MMORPG is different to a usual company producing tangible goods, nevertheless it should be worked in a professional way.

The AO marketing is a big mess. Instead of promising "will be live next week" and then reschedule it to a month later they should say "will be live within 6 weeks" and people would be happy if it happens faster. There must be some kind of schedule for the changes, but for me from the outside it looks like they really don't know what they are doing and have no clue how much work is needed for a change.

I understand players get upset. If you make a promise you HAVE to keep it. It may occur that from while to while there is really something which needs extra work they did not expect, but nearly everytime ? Come on, how do you run a company like that ?

It is like buying a fancy car. First you get it months later than promised, second it is pink even you ordered black and your car dealer says: We had some problems, Sorry. Think about that, most likely you would jump into his face with your nacked back... And you wonder people get upset ?

*sighs*

I currently am very sick with a bad case of mystery-itis, so Im very grumpy atm. hehe... this is how i feel about ao when Im sick and have a bad migraine but am restless because medication takes time to kick in.

for starters, the real issue imo is that "time" is viewed very differently by the developers, compared to the players. a month of game time to a player is a month we are paying for and another month we are still waiting for long awaited content (the virtual-vaporware carrot that frackin kept us playing for years dammit) whilest we grind RL and log into ao everyday for a reason i cannot think of atm.

whereas for devs a month of ao is just a month of long, hard work and a couple paychecks. sure they used to be players, but now it is their job, and that is a massive difference. no one will ever convince me otherwise. for the devs, i can imagine it is just another long day/week/month/year of relentless work that is always piling up and never gets done. the problem is, the devs are all old players. while this initially seems like a really good thing, it also opens the door to a dev team that thinks they know what players want, without ever asking the "whole playerbase" what they want, and serving their own "when i was a player, i wanted this" interests.

but seriously, how the hell can the devs see the game from a new players eyes? i know i can't, and ive only been playing ~6 years. in this amount of time I am so distanced from new players that I feel sorry for them and how much pointless time wasting they will do before likely quitting out of frustration, or sticking it out for reasons beyond my intellectual capability of understanding atm. this game is so frackin top heavy that most people quit before reaching tl4 or 5, let alone endgame. this game is so full of wtf moments that there should be an emote for it, nay, there should be a T-shirt in game with "WTF just happened?" written on it.

Its nice that ao is getting rebalancing, it really is... but true balance would be to smoothen out the overall levelling and character development experience from new toon to end game toon, not continually satisfy the old players, because at this point, most players still ingame are seasoned, grumpy vets who feel entitled to anything and everything they think they should have, and they are never satisfied. why bother trying to please those tards at this point and instead start helping the new players and smooth out their experience so that this game has a future beyond "ooh, shiney graphics.... kewl.... so, who wants to play star wars?"

Im pretty certain that everyone plays this game for one reason or another. Im not certain I can remember what my reason is... maybe its all the cold/flu meds I am on, lol. but one thing i can say for certain; daily missions are the best thing I've seen added to ao in a very long time. keep up this trend of adding stuff that benefits everyone and you will see goods things happen.

also, if you devs can get rid of the endgame cookie-cutter disaster that makes this game reek of "dead mmo walking" elitism, ao will be another step in the right direction.

you devs are doing pretty good atm, but seriously, keep up the arsekissing of vet players and you will kill this game faster than wimpy pounds back hamburgers. true story.
    k, meds are kicking in, time for me to sleep
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    you made my day...

the majority of ao community would have been happy with 150-200 and 201-220 bs.
    and the majority never cried about hh@b to be overpowered...

but they listened to the emo ppl...(and somehow i got the impression u are one of them, wanting 150-174 back because now u see what u got out of whining =))
    Strangley enough I have just one 150, and he hit it today so your wrong. I will be top level instead of bottom, so selfishly It works better for me. I just figured that range loosing all the 150 s10 twinks would hinder the population of that range. I also think that the top range would be hurt from losing 210 - 214. 175 - 205 seems more fair even then 214 killing 175.

Your impressions were wrong.
    Rongue - 82 Clan Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Means, this new BS waiting room sucks balls. Its so small that it reminds me gas chambers i saw once in Auschwitz. So many people stuck there like sardines, no room to duel ...
    Check the room to the north, it is large enough for anyone to duel.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post

One is the inconsistency in informing the community. Big walls of text are not needed, just a simple explanation when something doesnt go to plan.
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Another, more serious IMO, problem is the apparent reliance on trusthworthy players for feedback and the ignoring of most of the rest of the community. Im sure that there are several players who have the whole DB memorised and can plan a new twink with only a pencil and piece of paper at hand. That doesnt mean that those persons opinion is based on selfless goodwill to the game.
    While I agree that knowledge doesn't automatically grant goodwill towards the game I would rather take my chances with someone who knows the aspect of the game that is being discussed over someone who not only doesn't know anything but also hates the particular part of the game.

Tl1-tl5 twinks/pvp being a good example. Save one or two of the pro's there is very little to no knowledge about this range. Which means we get really REALLY silly ideas filter through and make it into the game.

Actually I heard from a reliable source is that most of the pro's are butt licking yes-men. So it's no wonder that weird stuff gets ig.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I think everyone is frustrated at the glacial progress of the new engine and balancing act, the GD included. It shows with the change in tone on these very forums. Communication is now becoming hostile as patience wears then.

The inability to produce a quality in-house demo of the new engine speaks volumes. The open trolling of the GD, even more so.

Hey look! Over there is a wall with some writing on it! You should probably read it.
    Haven't you quit about 7 times? Why are you still posting here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Haven't you quit about 7 times? Why are you still posting here?
    I take breaks frequently. AO is not that sticky for me, but I would love to see the game progress so I keep up with the game development when not actively playing. Why do you care btw? I was not aware I need your permission to read and post to the forums.

Thanks for caring enough to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Strangley enough I have just one 150, and he hit it today so your wrong. I will be top level instead of bottom, so selfishly It works better for me. I just figured that range loosing all the 150 s10 twinks would hinder the population of that range. I also think that the top range would be hurt from losing 210 - 214. 175 - 205 seems more fair even then 214 killing 175.

Your impressions were wrong.
    It must be nice to change what the (supposed) majority is just by yourself.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ElLuke View Post
    It would be so easy to make polls before important changes go live. This forum does have a built in poll function, but it seems like FC does not know that...

As much as I like AO and personally really like the humor of the GD and his Team - they just don't work professionally. There is, from my point of view, no excuse for making promises again and again and in the end the result is nothing than hot air.

I understand that handling an MMORPG is different to a usual company producing tangible goods, nevertheless it should be worked in a professional way.

The AO marketing is a big mess. Instead of promising "will be live next week" and then reschedule it to a month later they should say "will be live within 6 weeks" and people would be happy if it happens faster. There must be some kind of schedule for the changes, but for me from the outside it looks like they really don't know what they are doing and have no clue how much work is needed for a change.

I understand players get upset. If you make a promise you HAVE to keep it. It may occur that from while to while there is really something which needs extra work they did not expect, but nearly everytime ? Come on, how do you run a company like that ?

It is like buying a fancy car. First you get it months later than promised, second it is pink even you ordered black and your car dealer says: We had some problems, Sorry. Think about that, most likely you would jump into his face with your nacked back... And you wonder people get upset ?

*sighs*
    I have some answers that makes you really happy:

1) New Engine will be alive within 80 years, if there is no backrupt by Funcom.

2) AO marketing is on a hold, too much employees needed for other games like AoC, Secret World.
    Delayes max. 80 years.

3) Don't expect alot from a <20 men's team for Anarchy Online, 15 lookers and 5 real workers.

4) Have a nice periode of waiting and don't forget to pay for the next couples of years or deadline will get in dangerous zone.

I totally agree that this little AO team doesn't know what they must do to make players happy.
    They asking alot and doing to little.

I hear players are waiting for new grafics engine, but trust me it doesn't make that much improvement as you wish it will be ^^

Good point is they start talking about the new grafics engine again, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I hear players are waiting for new grafics engine, but trust me it doesn't make that much improvement as you wish it will be ^^
    Thing is, it'll come after the rebalancing, and they'll change the New Player Experience (tm), too, at least the moment it's officially out. So waiting for the engine is actually a good idea, since while the engine itself may only change the graphics (which is a big thing for some people, and at the very least will make the game run better on newer computers by default), the other stuff around it should change the game itself somewhat profoundly.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

7 Pages of Whining, and no1 mentioned that u can still cap with Evasive Stance, Dodge The Blame and Overrule running.

And who cares about hhab or Autohead, hes a chode. and ur all a bunch of *******.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

People shouldn't be able to cap with HH@B on.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    7 Pages of Whining, and no1 mentioned that u can still cap with Evasive Stance, Dodge The Blame and Overrule running.

And who cares about hhab or Autohead, hes a chode. and ur all a bunch of *******.
    Thanks for the info. I do. Don't know him. If you say so. You got that right!

Hehe!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Capping should force people to wear a pink tutu. Now THAT would be fun.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Capping should force people to wear a pink tutu. Now THAT would be fun.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Or armor ... or a weapon, symbs, Social armor .etc...
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Or armor ... or a weapon, symbs, Social armor .etc...
    Seriously. I'm surprised this ain't fixed yet (I mean, how on earth do you operate sophisticated electronics, while wielding 2-handed weapons).

P.S.
    Boring thread.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ElLuke View Post
    Yes but forum polls would still more or less mean info would be coming in from the same people it is now through the forums. In game or launcher polls though would include more of those that play but don't come to the forums while at the same time exclude or at least minimize the voices of those that just troll the forums but don't play.

As for the not keeping their promises regarding release dates I don't remember them ever saying it will be done by a given date, it's always that it should be done within a certain time frame. Should does not denote a promise, it's just a hope. Although to time and time again state a hope that something will be done by a near by date only for it to still not be ready months later or the like does wear on people.

---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Check the room to the north, it is large enough for anyone to duel.
    Think there's one to the South too, they're not that large of a room though. Also as that whole area is suppose to be for everyone of every BS lvl range such rooms would not accommodate very many duels too well at all.

Only one person said thanks for removing the BS step in the entire thread??! Not even Klod acknowledged it Well, I just want to stop by and say thanks for finally doing so, albeit 2 years too late, buuuut it's the thought that counts so I say thanks once again.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast