Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 1st, 2010 - Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    As for the not keeping their promises regarding release dates I don't remember them ever saying it will be done by a given date, it's always that it should be done within a certain time frame. Should does not denote a promise, it's just a hope. Although to time and time again state a hope that something will be done by a near by date only for it to still not be ready months later or the like does wear on people.
    Yes, just like autohead's signature says he "hopes" he can get a new video, it's not a promise.

You're arguing semantics and it's dumb. He's the spokesperson for Funcom on these forums. When he says something "should" be done or he "hopes" it will be done, that's practically a promise to the people who pay money for the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    You're arguing semantics and it's dumb. He's the spokesperson for Funcom on these forums. When he says something "should" be done or he "hopes" it will be done, that's practically a promise to the people who pay money for the service.
    Actually, you're the one arguing semantics. No promise was made, "practically" or otherwise. It was simply a best-case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Actually, you're the one arguing semantics. No promise was made, "practically" or otherwise. It was simply a best-case scenario.
    Actually I'm not the one arguing semantics. Everyone takes it as a promise, except for 2-3 people who argue that no promise was made because of semantics. We understand, you still have faith in FC, that's great, but eventually you'll be here long enough to realize you have to hold them accountable or things continually get pushed back.

you have to hold them accountable or things continually get pushed back.
    Did I get warped to work?

The problem is he says and means one thing but some read it to mean something else. You can't fault him because some people chose to read what he says to mean something other than what he said. The fault is on those people, not him. At the same time though I did say that to make regular hopeful dates that fall short is annoying. But that's all they were, hopes, not promises.

Then don't play the "fanboy" card on myself or some others that would say the same as I did. Hell, just look earlier in this thread or in other threads at some of what I've said regarding the AO dev team. If they actually do something that I considered a boneheaded maneuver I'll be among the first to say so.

It doesn't really matter what he really said or not. It only matters that so many people left this game. It isn't like other times when it looked dead, this time it is. Something has to happen one way or another.

Can't wait for 10th of December when Adv doc is released, just to see if they have such cry baby forum community like enfs do
    Other than that, G'bye RK3, nice mems out there, November 2007 clans took over tl7 fields, it took another 2 years for clans on rk2 to achieve it and further more for rk1
    ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVEIgmoZljU )
    Mathematics:
    rk3>rk2>rk1
    if
    rk3=0
    then
    ao=..?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Esssch
    "you have to hold them accountable or things continually get pushed back."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post

Ok, This made me just about spew my coffee all over my monitor...Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Unfortunately, it does feel that way sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    7 Pages of Whining, and no1 mentioned that u can still cap with Evasive Stance, Dodge The Blame and Overrule running.

And who cares about hhab or Autohead, hes a chode. and ur all a bunch of *******.
    /threadwin

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Can't wait for 10th of December when Adv doc is released, just to see if they have such cry baby forum community like enfs do
    Other than that, G'bye RK3, nice mems out there, November 2007 clans took over tl7 fields, it took another 2 years for clans on rk2 to achieve it and further more for rk1
    ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVEIgmoZljU )
    Mathematics:
    rk3>rk2>rk1
    if
    rk3=0
    then
    ao=..?

Yes I can imagine it was hard to kill the total force of 7 Omni tl7 on RK3
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Can't wait for 10th of December when Adv doc is released,
    Did I miss a planning for all the docs? Or Dec 10th is pure speculation?

...I just had to.... ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Hmm, why not just return it to original state and add:
    OnWear:
    Wearer Modify NanoResist 500
    IF Wearer Level >= 201.
    okies. I forsee ur future! This xmas, during ur holliday, u show up at FCs office in oslo and are given a whole range of lill items to sort out - for the sallery of one beer and a free t-shirt U will be working like 25/7 and smile while u are doing this for 2 weeks

Cther than that, G'bye RK3, nice mems out there, November 2007 clans took over tl7 fields, it took another 2 years for clans on rk2 to achieve it and further more for rk1
    I still have a screenshot of the land control from sometime in 2006/7 entitled "Clanarchy Online" from the day omni had no tower fields on RK2... It was nice of them to stop there and not attack us neuts.

Mathematics:
    rk3>rk2>rk1
    if
    rk3=0
    then
    ao=..?
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona
    Hmm, why not just return it to original state and add:
    OnWear:
    Wearer Modify NanoResist 500
    IF Wearer Level >= 201.
    THIS
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Ignorant as usual.

Actually I'm not the one arguing semantics. Everyone takes it as a promise, except for 2-3 people who argue that no promise was made because of semantics. We understand, you still have faith in FC, that's great, but eventually you'll be here long enough to realize you have to hold them accountable or things continually get pushed back.
    Taking something that's a "hope" and turning it into a promise is imo arguing semantics that everyone raves about something that's not really important anyway is just silly. It's not like there's that long left till you get to see it for yourself.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    if there even was 7 defenders in that vid, or any pvp at all, most borring nw vid ever, and most pointless

Ignorant as usual.
    he was just pointing out a fact, theres literally ZERO action in this vid, unless youd call a zerg killing towers ( w.o any actuall defense present ) action, but then you could make a inf mish video thats more entertaining then that

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Taking something that's a "hope" and turning it into a promise is imo arguing semantics that everyone raves about something that's not really important anyway is just silly. It's not like there's that long left till you get to see it for yourself.
    arguing that he just said "hope", thus there was in no way any promise made about that, and thus he aint 32 weeks late is just fanboyism

w.e words he used it was obvious the player base will keep him by his word when it comes to the new engine, if he had any doubts about that he can deliver in given ( by himself ) time ( or even close to it ) he should have kept silent bout it, but then again, being silent about the new engine for 32weeks in the current state of the game, isnt a wise thing to do if you wish your game any good
    Last edited by Insane666; Oct 6th, 2010 at 16:41:57.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

arg, how can someone do towers without PF map ??

Well, condidering the number of opponents, I guess it's alright...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    arg, how can someone do towers without PF map ??

Well, condidering the number of opponents, I guess it's alright...

an open playfield map would block the view of the zerg pew pewing towers, wich was the main point of this video i would believe, and at 06:30 in the morning on RK3 it must have been certain there wont be any defense anyways
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's not like there's that long left till you get to see it for yourself.
    I was under that impression 3 years ago.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast