Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Engineer Pets

in BS/towers a shade should always wtfp the engineer, unless it's one on one action. (no others around)

The shade just need to load all perks into the engineer, while he/she is stunned, and that is one dead engineer with stupid looking pets around the corpse.

even if the engineer get the change to perk biococoon, it's gone the next second because of the OP goddamn stupid perks the shade have

how many capping perks/specials do a shade have?... 4-5?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Oh, so NSD is going away?
    Against how many self buffed professions does engi NSD make a decisive difference? One? Well hell, we could almost call that a nemesis nano. Balancing engineer pets around one encounter with a nemesis nano involved would be silly. While were at it, let's balance enforcer healing around the damage from soldiers too.

And as Liam said, I doubt NSD will survive all this whining anyway so yeah it probably will be going away. Which would only continue to make the case for pets (and especially engineer pets) having high AR and damage.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Oct 5th, 2010 at 17:02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    even if the engineer get the change to perk biococoon, it's gone the next second because of the OP goddamn stupid perks the shade have

how many capping perks/specials do a shade have?... 4-5?
    Against a PVP engineer, none.

SA = absorbed. AS (if swap) = absorbed. BS (if the shade attacks when the engi is fighting someone else) = absorbed. FA would not cap even if not absorbed.

As for AI perks :
    - Chaos Ritual : 2.8k pre-reflect => 2044 with aura, 1876 with rrfe
    - Crave : 1.4k pre-reflect => 1022 with aura, 938 with rrfe
    - Bore : DoT over 25s (so unrelated), 5340 pre-reflect => 3898 with aura, 3578 with rrfe

As for SL perks, basically the last 5 PM perks actions, taking average value, using the 3k piercing template, considering they are chained for maximum effect, assuming the target has 10k AC, and factoring the bioshielding10 3% reflect when counting aura or rrfe :
    - Perforate : 2701 pre-reflect => 1972 with aura, 1810 with rrfe
    - Lacerate : 3446 pre-reflect => 2516 with aura, 2309 with rrfe
    - Impale : 4613 pre-reflect => 3368 with aura, 3091 with rrfe
    - Gore : 4080 pre-reflect => 2979 with aura, 2733 with rrfe
    - Hecatomb : 5542 pre-reflect => 4046 with aura, 3714 with rrfe

A 4046 hit does not cap on a target with more than 13487hp. And since any PvP engi has more than this, on average, no single perk will cap the engi. And, again on average, coon will roughly absorb the 3 best DD perks.

Granted, the hits can be higher, but they can also be lower. For the record, the highest possible hit for Hecatomb (3kpiercing, 0AC, lucky roll) is 7880 PvP damage pre-reflect, so 5752 with aura, which does not cap people with more than 19.2k HPs.

Now, to be exhaustive, the very odd shade could have ST perked and have access to Spirit Dissolution and manage to land it and deal even more damage than the max possible hecatomb, but it's not what one would call likely. I have also discounted the small DoTs generated by the PM perks (120ish dmg/tick with aura for the highest).
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Against a PVP engineer, none.

SA = absorbed. AS (if swap) = absorbed. BS (if the shade attacks when the engi is fighting someone else) = absorbed. FA would not cap even if not absorbed.

As for AI perks :
    - Chaos Ritual : 2.8k pre-reflect => 2044 with aura, 1876 with rrfe
    - Crave : 1.4k pre-reflect => 1022 with aura, 938 with rrfe
    - Bore : DoT over 25s (so unrelated), 5340 pre-reflect => 3898 with aura, 3578 with rrfe

As for SL perks, basically the last 5 PM perks actions, taking average value, using the 3k piercing template, considering they are chained for maximum effect, assuming the target has 10k AC, and factoring the bioshielding10 3% reflect when counting aura or rrfe :
    - Perforate : 2701 pre-reflect => 1972 with aura, 1810 with rrfe
    - Lacerate : 3446 pre-reflect => 2516 with aura, 2309 with rrfe
    - Impale : 4613 pre-reflect => 3368 with aura, 3091 with rrfe
    - Gore : 4080 pre-reflect => 2979 with aura, 2733 with rrfe
    - Hecatomb : 5542 pre-reflect => 4046 with aura, 3714 with rrfe

A 4046 hit does not cap on a target with more than 13487hp. And since any PvP engi has more than this, on average, no single perk will cap the engi. And, again on average, coon will roughly absorb the 3 best DD perks.

Granted, the hits can be higher, but they can also be lower. For the record, the highest possible hit for Hecatomb (3kpiercing, 0AC, lucky roll) is 7880 PvP damage pre-reflect, so 5752 with aura, which does not cap people with more than 19.2k HPs.

Now, to be exhaustive, the very odd shade could have ST perked and have access to Spirit Dissolution and manage to land it and deal even more damage than the max possible hecatomb, but it's not what one would call likely. I have also discounted the small DoTs generated by the PM perks (120ish dmg/tick with aura for the highest).
    Ok not that many but cocoon dont take pvp damage, it take PVM damage without reflect!

So the cocoon is out after the first perk.

Ok not that many but cocoon dont take pvp damage, it take PVM damage without reflect!

its pvp damage, but uncapped without reflect. so no, its not out after the first perk. its usually out with some damage after the third.

Dude, but dog eats shade coon with one hit.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    its pvp damage, but uncapped without reflect. so no, its not out after the first perk. its usually out with some damage after the third.
    o_O crapzorz. L2P, seriously, it can't be that 2 people in a row say such. Damage is halved, then reflects kick in, then it is absorbed.

A 10k PvM damage hit to coon with no reflects and 10k absorbs:

- 5k damage on absorb

A 10k PvM damage hit to target with 1k absorb and 10% reflect:

- Initially 5k PvP damage
    - 10% reflected, 4500 remains
    - Absorb is expended (3500 dmg remains)
    - Target hit for 3500 damage (unless this is over 30% cap, then it's capped to 30%, at least 1 damage).
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Against how many self buffed professions does engi NSD make a decisive difference?
    SELF buffed toon? They still make those?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    o_O crapzorz. L2P, seriously, it can't be that 2 people in a row say such. Damage is halved, then reflects kick in, then it is absorbed.

- 5k damage on absorb

- Target hit for 3500 damage (unless this is over 30% cap, then it's capped to 30%, at least 1 damage).
    oops. got the reflect bit wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post

- 5k damage on absorb

oh yeah, I total forgot the 50% nerf, and were mixet it up with the cap damage

my bad :P

In my experience it goes three ways:

1: Shade finds me without coon: I'm in decon a few seconds later.
    2: Shade finds me when coon is up: He'll dump his perks into me and my coon will be up 1 second after the stun has worn off followed by regrowth and survival. Then I've got him grafted/snare mined and he's my bitch.
    3: Shade finds me with coon up but when no graft/mine up: smart shade can kite until coon is gone and his perks are up and come back and finish me or die trying. Pretty exciting when this happens.

If you're an engineer and you die to a lone shade's alpha while your coon isn't in cooldown, you need to work on your equipment.
    Waiting for a cure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234