Thread: Event Ideas

Lightbulb Event Ideas

Hey guys, its 3AM here so naturally i am trolling the interwebs when i found myself on AO forums. This got me thinking of a few event ideas and just want to hear what you guys think. Just as a sidenote, these literally just popped into my head so i apologise for the lack of detail, may edit after sleep with more info.

Fashion Show - This game has a ridiculously large amount of social clothing. As something completely different and to my knowledge not done before, why not hold a fashion show? If possible ARK could plant some stage or walkway of some description, if not there are other options like using a red carpet etc. Different people could walk down the walkway and show off their style of clothing while music is being streamed from GSP. Could hold competitions and pick the best dressed from the crowd etc. I don't know i think it could be fun.

Omni-Pol Arena Championships - PvP but with a slight RP twist. Hold arena tournaments for different TL levels and declare a winner of that TL range. The winner of the TL range then takes on a Omni-Pol 'Champion' or something, this would be a ARK character, built to be very difficult to beat in pvp but doable for the "TL Winner". If this wouldn't be possible then i guess it could just be hosted by me as an Affiliate.

Omni-Pol Needs YOU! - This is an event aimed at lower levels / newer players and doesn't actually require any help from ARK or other players, but your input is as always greatly appriciated. I (as an affiliate of Omni-Pol) would assign tasks for people under level 100 and would reward them for it. An example:

As you know the Subway system has been condemned for some time now. Omni-Pol has managed relatively well at keeping it secured but some citizens have managed to slip through. There is a group of violent vagabonds who keep causing us trouble i want you to kill a few of them and this will hopefully deter them. Bring me back 5 of their cloaks as proof of their demise and i will reward you for your service to Omni-Pol. - This one is obviously aimed at brand new players i could alter the 'quest' and 'rewards' frequently to keep them interesting and different and it's also a great way to help new players and lower levels. All rewards would be donated by myself unless anyone willingly wanted to help

Cyborg Hunting - I believe the Events Team used to do this before, well i think it may be time to bring it back. It is also manageable without ARK. For instance, Omni-Pol (either with ARK or just me as an affiliate) could run frequent cyborg hunting parties with players. I would push for the use of Mechs during this event to a) promote LE and 2) would be alot safer for players.

That’s all i have for now, i apologise for the bad English as i said it's 3AM here.. well now 3:30AM and i was up yesterday at 5AM. I will be back later to edit this and make it easier reading and further info.

Please give any feedback on if you think the event would work, what you'd do different etc and also add any ideas you have yourself.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

No comments? Negative feedback is allowed aswell, if you think they sound crap i wanna know!

Would love to see something made up for clanners aswell.
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

The reason i only plan Omni events are because i have no Clan or Neut alts to be able to run or host the events. Any Clan or Neutral wanting me to help them set things up should just contact me, i'm always ready to help

Not saying that ya should make such for clans, just would be lovely if someone would reply here with ideas for clans.

'cause im all out of ideas right now. As depression really tries to kick me down, im not on a mood to start any events.. and um.. few other little things..
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Cora gets kidnapped and tortured by the Dust Brigade.

This can be an ongoing event, lasting several weeks, or even months.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Not very nice :-O

I still hope that one day, we'll have REAL headwear in AO Not the silly Sombrero hat or the like :P