Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: level 200 sector 7 twink

Kay finished the enf, dpanther+sow, spec edition ofab helm/ofab back shoulders/chest non-oe, rest cm works zomg kewl at s7, if anyone wanna go there with me pst
    My little band of gimps:-

Xombified -200 s7 enfo, first 200 enf to get on dread panther on
    Xombeh - 88 mp (darn it if only my lil bro didnt lvl him, now i have to re-equip><)
    Spankmehardr 150 sold
    Spankmefast 150 fixer - the blue spandex s10 boss killa
    Xombish - ?? trader (work in progress)
    Minixombeh ?? agent(tl1 work in progress)
    Danathos 220 sole tl7, and gimpiest of all

I guess my only question, is why go through all the trouble of getting it on, only to put it in your off hand?

sow only goes in right doesn't it?
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

SoW is indeed right hand only, but right/left doesn't matter since SoW doesn't have fast attack (and dpanther doesn't have sneak attack).
    Hlep gnak!

But wouldn't you, in effect, be losing AR and therefore damage off the Dpanther in that setup?

It's a compromise to PVP with that character I guess? Why would anyone use a SoW if they didn't plan to PVP with it? just for the big crits? Seems like an extreme length to go to get them.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 15th, 2010 at 23:26:04.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    But wouldn't you, in effect, be losing AR and therefore damage off the Dpanther in that setup?
    AR is factored in by individual weapon, not by the mainhand's AR. You can wield a Leet Spine Sword in your mainhand and have 100 AR with it (assuming you only had 100 1h Edged) and still be able to use the DPanther perfectly with, say, 2000 1h Blunt AR.

The mainhand AR display is only there mainly for perks that use Attack Rating as an attack skill.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

for 49(?) extra multi melee, could just equip another dpanther?
    depending how close the equip was.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

It could be a "compromise" which is why I was asking. On mine I'm doing Dpanther in mainhand and a 250 Mongoose in off hand, so I'm genuinely interested in how his setup works out.

And thanks Saetos, after I posted that from my phone at work, I got to thinking I had it wrong but never had a chance to double check it.

I was planning Dbear on my NM enf, but someone has already mentioned they struggled with 2201 2hb, so that got me thinking about the alternatives, im not too big on PvP side, so not sure i would need all the SA etc. but the 1hb aspect is interesting.

Would be good to see a finished setup.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Went Sow cos i thought I might pvp, but then again the crit's from a SoW are just wow, getting a 15% crit scope +3% from alapaa pads, +buffs its just dd handy, oh and its mainly for s7, so aliens low ac's:> mhm

My final setup btw---->http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=168249
    Missing the kyr protection ring cos its not there in auno and +5 abil belt from s7.

Btw im trox and neut:>
    Last edited by xombeh; Dec 18th, 2010 at 21:34:19.
    My little band of gimps:-

Xombified -200 s7 enfo, first 200 enf to get on dread panther on
    Xombeh - 88 mp (darn it if only my lil bro didnt lvl him, now i have to re-equip><)
    Spankmehardr 150 sold
    Spankmefast 150 fixer - the blue spandex s10 boss killa
    Xombish - ?? trader (work in progress)
    Minixombeh ?? agent(tl1 work in progress)
    Danathos 220 sole tl7, and gimpiest of all

if you go sided, u will get lot more HP from sided HI token board!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

I wish they would finally set BS levels ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    I wish they would finally set BS levels ...
    You and me both.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Oh yeah, i see Zomo coming back from retirement.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Would d-panther + ql275-300 mongoose mk6(1he) be possible with all contracts etc etc?
    Quite curious in trying to make a fun 200 twink for pvp/sec7.

I'm picturing 300 CM/300 Ofab/NR1/Lava caps and something else for a little flare lol
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Just curious - why you all guys making/planning 200 enfo twinks prefer mongoose over type 240 AI Axe?
    ql300 AI do same damage as 275 mongoose, but adds 36 AR from glory proc and it MM requirements are lower by 100.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

I can think of two main reasons for using a lower-than-300 mongoose:

1) Ignorance:
    "300 mongoose does more damage than 300 axe, so surely the mongoose is always better at any level". Alternatively "mongoose is newer, so must be better".

2) Convenience / availability:
    If you have the VP and happen to have a stash of appropriate clumps, you can always go and buy the mongoose at your leisure, while an appropriate level axe with clump may or may not be available on GMS.

Runner up: You just prefer the look of the mongoose over the axe and go for form over function.
    Hlep gnak!

it makes a cool sound when you hit things with it too

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast