Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: level 200 sector 7 twink

Yea when I got this char finished I'll lend the set out. I should be done tomorrow at some point. Pande belt on, dpanther on, spec ed ofab on. 300 yuttos back on, just need to re-equip regular symbs and put on cm set.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=185070

final equip

2080 AR (not including procs/challenger)

17k HP, 6.3k nano everything 100% NOT OE
    2sec HD tick (102hp)
    610 AAD 950 evades.
    Avg hits 1800-2000 3.5k crits.

Var
    Last edited by Variable; Sep 15th, 2012 at 00:11:25. Reason: gramma nazi
    Varsbot
    Variable004

You mean everything 100% 'NOT' OE
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

great contribution to the thread, i'll edit my mistake right now then no one else will be confused because its not clear...
    Varsbot
    Variable004

In my current setup i have 2133 AR with 1hb, and after I retwink it should be closer to 2190ish with almost 23k hp during mongo. Enfos are really fun at this level range
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I've been humming and hawing over my setup post Dpanther twink.

One the one hand, if you go Ofab chest, ofab hat, ofab back, you get some nice HP out of it, some wicked AC's and huge HP (not to mention an extra 700 nano).

But, if you go with CM in head+chest, you get a few more options to play with, for example:

* retain 2s HD with both 25 stam researchs done
    * extra 60ish AR (minus a bit of trickle stam to 1hb)
    * backpiece to swap to Notucomm for a net loss of only 6 evades (50AAD+50AAD vs. 15AAD+15AAD+64 evades)
    * Another option is the improved black clan tank armour which is easier to keep out of OE at 1001str 1001sta and also offering some tasty benefits like 50NR, 25AAD and 50 RS and 500 HP
    * don't look like an anteater
    * 1400+500+300 hp vs 400+400hp so take a fairly decent hit on HP
    * one possibly significant factor, however, is loss of 15 psychic, as this I think puts me just under 500 even with the DB bracer on, resulting in inability to pop viral larvae mem during regular play, but even without genius nano has never been a problem.

I'll be going neut to equip tnh belt on my enf, then swapping ofab chest to cm chest, keeping ofab helm+back though
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

ya all in I didn't see a reason for the TNH belt.

the 50 str/sta is ok... but, whats it enabling?

I got 2s HD, everything out of OE except 1 shoulder, and unless you want a better check on FS, I don't really see the benefit.

As well, the loot farm for CL stuff is far from pleasant. I looked at it, and I figure it's 150ish hours of playtime, to collect zods loots, biodome crap, HI, for about 12 more AR, and loss of 500 psych for the viral larvae - hence, no emergency nano. Not that emergency nano is really needed, but neither is 12 AR.

I went for 20 extra AR with 4x51hb LoX NCU's and S7 belt.

It enables..

-Keeping the sped helm and ofab back out of OE without ofab chest (on trox)
    -ql 300 axe offhand out of OE without contracts or hud3
    -more def and HP and AR than CM-hat-without-belt setup

What more could you ask for?

I've never had a need for the s7 larvae, the setup xira and I have is pretty much top notch cream of the crop, and I haven't really faced an enfo that can get close to winning a duel other than xira, the twinking items are pretty ridiculous but I truly feel it's worth it to have a completely finished and pro 200 twink.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

300 axe offhand blows goats.

Your perk setup is atrocious. Even WITH some trickle in belt for stam+str, it's going to gimp you perk wise.

I've played now for a couple months with Dpanth+300 axe offhand, and I'll say straight up, it's not worth it.

As soon as I've gathered a few more items I'm doing 300 panther offhand+ dpanther main hand, going BACK to 300 ofab chest/hat/back for the extra stam/HP/AAD/AC's, and keeping the 500+ psych.

This is gunna do a few interesting things:

It's going to enable a totally different perk setup, which granted, is going to result in fewer perks (I haven't needed yet in either PVP or PVM), a crapload more defence in PVM and PVP, about 2500 or so HP, signficantly better raw white damage @ roughly 400-500 points per hit vs the axe, better streamlined damage in PVP (granted, loss of SA is significant, but not a huge deal), and a possibility to move some defensive perks to troll form which could be situationally useful.

We'll see. just from personal experience, the 300 axe is a massive headache keeping it out of OE.

At the end (I was busy in Penumbra quest, so lost 30 1he in head slot), 5/5reanimated gladiator, pure novi ring, 5 perks in edge mastery, 2x gallant flapper ribbons AND 200 health hud for trickle...

And it was driving me nuts. I think I also had a 160ish learning tower up - so no easy feat. Just keeping 1hb out of OE is a breeze though.

I still see no need for the larva, plenty of better options for utils. Dont be afraid of the 1k reqs for the pande utils, they are very reachable!

dual panther is very good for pvm where the axe damage is lacking and still overkill for regular BS farming situations, but is outclassed by the 1he offhand setup in competitive pvp fights

For the 300 axe Just go with right wrist symb, boon of aries, cm set minus helmet. perk EM7 for flurry of cuts which is really the tipping point for the 1hb/1he setup at that level. Perk hits for up to 3k pvp dmg, it is very nice

In the setup Xira and I have described, i have 513 Psychic with only comps, 501 unbuffed. But there is really no need at all for the larvae, what are you spamming so often that you run out of nano enough to warrant that util? I'm able to keep the 300 type 240 non-oe with just the +75 weaponskill HUD, but thats only for the time being until I do belt(or get towers back). I have yet to meet an enforcer that can make me sweat in a 1v1 fight, if my perks are up I always win. This setup is just vastly superior to anything else purely due to the alpha.... what it lacks in defensive perks makes up for alone in offensive power, nothing can really survive the alpha long enough to kill me except really twinked soldiers.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    In the setup Xira and I have described, i have 513 Psychic with only comps, 501 unbuffed. But there is really no need at all for the larvae, what are you spamming so often that you run out of nano enough to warrant that util? I'm able to keep the 300 type 240 non-oe with just the +75 weaponskill HUD, but thats only for the time being until I do belt(or get towers back). I have yet to meet an enforcer that can make me sweat in a 1v1 fight, if my perks are up I always win. This setup is just vastly superior to anything else purely due to the alpha.... what it lacks in defensive perks makes up for alone in offensive power, nothing can really survive the alpha long enough to kill me except really twinked soldiers.
    Wow, on server merge, you're going to meet some real opponents then.

RK2 has plenty of nice 200 twinks.

MA's, shades, agents, crats, MP's, keepers, advies, soldiers... lots of very, very well built twinks at 200. Certainly no walk in the park for an enf.

While offensive power is nice... it only works if your perks are landing, and not being chewed up by 83% reflects

using 75 weap skill hud is yucky. green/purple/health ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    MA's, shades, agents, crats, MP's, keepers, advies, soldiers... lots of very, very well built twinks at 200. Certainly no walk in the park for an enf.
    While offensive power is nice... it only works if your perks are landing, and not being chewed up by 83% reflects
    All of the profs you listed are easily perkable by a 200 enf. Alphaing into AMS or dev armor is just bad tactics

using 75 weap skill hud is yucky. green/purple/health ftw.
    He said he's only using that hud until he finishes his retwink with the belt, after which it wont be needed to keep the axe 100% and he can go back to the off and def huds

The setup I would use if I were a trox enf is; http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=186099

without towers
    -everything at 100%
    -over 2410 1hb AR with chal (3100 max potential with procs)
    -over 2200 1he AR with chal (2900 max potential with procs)
    ~1750 in all def with def hud (~2070 dodge with wit)

I would consider substituting the figurine for a calculator or possibly a cross dimensional gyro

ya, next twink thats almost exactly what i'm doing. a few changes tho:

S7 belt instead of TNH, 300 ofab chest instead of CM.

that way I can keep the head and back out of OE.

TBH I never thought of perking so far into edged mastery and 1hb. I think I might keep the 300 axe despite my original mewling about it. I rarely use coon anyway. One thing though is in S7, coon is really nice for popping on precision/charging tower. W/e though.

Also, I have a different setup for AI perks:

9 CONC
    9 CoLI
    8 CK
    3 wit
    1 tick
    1 mutate

That is real nice because it means you can do the QL 125 first aid stim, which further alleviates any nano issues and also adds a bit more healing capability, and finally... adds a very nice long range perk which has a low check and hits very hard.

Cause of anger I find particularly weak with a MC vs 100% evade close check.

edit, cross dimensional gyro is ftw, calculator is impossible to get on (1k intel, on trox).

edit, cross dimensional gyro is ftw, calculator is impossible to get on (1k intel, on trox).
    1k int is surprisingly easy even on trox

I do have calcs for the CL mittens for atrox that enables TNH belt (1k int/ 1500 MC)

Edit1; Also, losing the CM chest and belt trickle will put the axe OE, hence why Dys is taking that extra step for the belt. However, you wont notice a huge difference if you pick a 290ish axe instead

Edit2; 1k sense for gyro will be a serious pain but is doable without contracts
    Last edited by Xirayne; Nov 27th, 2012 at 04:53:25.

well, thats a pretty nice setup. I don't think I have time to farm all that stuff for CL on enf tho.

seems like a collosal annoyance for just a few pesky stats.

I think I'll stick with my 300 ofab chest and possibly downgrade to a 295 axe. I think I have one around.

I might do some calcs too. I made some 1hb NCU's for equipping Dpanther that I didn't need but I don't mind making some 1he ones if I could work out a way to do 300 axe without using TNH belt.

For me, and the frequency/allotment of play time I get per day, the CL farm for enf would take me probably to middle of 2013 to collect all that stuff.

Another thing I've been thinking about is using the inferno deck platform and making it stam, to try to keep the 300 hat/back out of OE.

well, thats a pretty nice setup. I don't think I have time to farm all that stuff for CL on enf tho.

seems like a collosal annoyance for just a few pesky stats.

I think I'll stick with my 300 ofab chest and possibly downgrade to a 295 axe. I think I have one around.

I might do some calcs too. I made some 1hb NCU's for equipping Dpanther that I didn't need but I don't mind making some 1he ones if I could work out a way to do 300 axe without using TNH belt.

For me, and the frequency/allotment of play time I get per day, the CL farm for enf would take me probably to middle of 2013 to collect all that stuff.

Another thing I've been thinking about is using the inferno deck platform and making it stam, to try to keep the 300 hat/back out of OE.
    All fair points

It took me something like 8 or 9 months to get my enf everything it needed(pre gauntlet, pre db bracer) and I see absolutely no reason for any sane person to put in that kinda time unless they simply want to max out a toon the best they can. I was killing people in BS just as easily in living symbs+254 CM and a chair as my finished enf could

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    All fair points

It took me something like 8 or 9 months to get my enf everything it needed(pre gauntlet, pre db bracer) and I see absolutely no reason for any sane person to put in that kinda time unless they simply want to max out a toon the best they can. I was killing people in BS just as easily in living symbs+254 CM and a chair as my finished enf could
    ya.

my enf was twinked at TL5 for a long time and in 274/264 axe, 265 CM and SE hat etc it was same thing.

Now, tho, I twink a bunch, did Dpanther, did a huge chunk of research, experimented a bunch, and sometimes it feels that the end got further away than what it was a year ago.

Peculiar how twinking is that way.

However, as it stands, I think I can go about 99.8% to the ultimate setup, if I opt to downgrade the axe.

Realistically, it'll result in a setup with 15 less AAD, 1000 more HP, more AC's, a slightly easier nano setup (due to 29 MC in chest), and about 25-27 less AR.

All of those things are really not that big a deal when it comes down to it.

I guess though, one thing I really should explore is whether I want to downgrade the axe enough that I can completely ignore perks in edged mastery, and focus on sticking those perks in coon.. it IS helpful in many situations.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast