Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 15th, 2010 - Aliens OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Carlmalone View Post
    I think by now people don't expect you to work on the engine. So you're good to go!
    hahahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    So the realistic date (read: not insanely optimistic Means date) for the rebalancing to hit live is still April 2011 then?
    Being an expert at reading between the lines, you are implying April 1st, or April Fool's Day.

You would troll FC like this Phargus, after all they have done for you? Not cool man. Not cool.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    The alien missions look good, I tried a number of them and it's fun. Good stuff there.

PS. The PF map is awesome, I wished city raids ships had the same map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I can understand other ppl have other priorities, but yes, Rebalance is the main priority for me.
    I am pretty excited about the alien missions and the Halloween stuff. I got a huge bag of candy by my compy to sustain me as I kill the aliens and the punkin heads...oh, and if we do not get a patch soon, the damn candy is going to be gone !

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    I demand aliens with pumpikinz on their heads!
    Aliens that chunk pumpkins at you?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

from what i've tested so far, alien missions are kewl and sector7 is interesting.

hope the new engine goes forward as delaying it *again* would be very badly taken.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by quitter456 View Post
    Being an expert at reading between the lines, you are implying April 1st, or April Fool's Day.
    Actually no. But I kinda wish I had now

I really hope Halloween gets patched next week!
    Last edited by Kaitoujeanne; Oct 15th, 2010 at 17:53:34.
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Short but Good
    Gefundene Schreibfehler dürft ihr behalten

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoujeanne View Post
    I really hope Halloween gets patched next week!
    Yah. It really should have been patched this week. Otherwise it goes from being a 'seasonal', fun epoch to being a rushed 'day of' the event - followed by wading through old confetti and party fluff (though admittedly fun confetti) for weeks afterward.

FWM has become increasingly minimalist and this gives me some concern. Logically the new engine should be the highest priority, interspersed with seasonal stuff, and then everything else... balancing, new encounters, whatever.... if you intend to actually deliver the new engine and continue the game on. At least that makes the most sense to me. Our asymptotic progression towards a new engine, combined with increasingly terse/hostile FWM's makes me very wary of what's happening.
    Last edited by If6Was9; Oct 15th, 2010 at 19:13:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Late! As I am, hmm so you guys keep us poor engs waiting
    In a hurry to retire, are we?
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    Woot, translation in under 2 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The last couple of weeks we have been exclusively focused [...] on completing the Alien Daily Mission system (including the long awaited Sector 7 - level 151-200 alien playfield) and making sure this year's Halloween goodies are more than up to snuff for this year's festivities.
    Omgz0rz! Why do the engine guys have to work for friggin' Halloweenz stuff? Gief engine nao pls!!!!!!!1!!!1!

/troll

Have a nice weekend, Means. Great work so far and I hope for many years of great work to come. But...

Engi Doc delay looks too asian imho.

@Lisergia:
    Google translation is your friend. ^^ No, just kidding. Waldgeist is very good so far and keeps getting better. Think he does good work, even if he's got not enough time for AO things.
    I thought there was a state wide ban on selling klingon weaponry to arachnids.
    This quote is from back on earth

Grrr, mixing halloween content with other none halloween stuff in the same patch, causing halloween content to potentially be delayed is a massive buzz kill. wtb halloween content yesterday plox.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Oct 15th, 2010 at 19:48:04.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    In a hurry to retire, are we?

Hahahaha :P Major you said it best :P

Also :P :P Halloween is the fun time of the year :P it give you guys/girls a moment to be creative =)
    and it is also the time of year that something new pops in to game :P Sorry to say but some of
    the clothes in this game are so ummm...... what is longer then last season ? lol WTB new social!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LuckystarrPwns; Oct 15th, 2010 at 20:17:45.
    Luckystarr ~ Luckyhealz ~ Luckyrepairs ~ Luckycloverz ~ Luckysuffy ~ Luckyemo ~ Luckybuff ~ Lucky ~ Luckysneak ~ Luckybank ~ Luckylucky =^-^=

Ok, so if the patch is pushed to live on either the 19th, or the 26th, how long can we expect to be able to enjoy our Lya's branded pumpkin pie?

Will the festivities last for 2 weeks after the patch release date or will there be a deadline of... say.... November 15, 2010, that the Halloween goodness will be turned off?

Also,
    WTB more teasers of this year's goodies. Paying well in candy corn, leetpops & slices of pumpkin pie!!!
    Last edited by tazalanche; Oct 15th, 2010 at 21:18:25.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

We need goblins, naou!
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Our asymptotic progression towards a new engine, combined with increasingly terse/hostile FWM's makes me very wary of what's happening.
    I've been thinking the same and wouldnt be surprised if FWM will be called FW? by january - if you know what I mean.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Ah some fugly looking kids game... Thanks for info, but who cares?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Ah some fugly looking kids game... Thanks for info, but who cares?
    Says someone that's never tried WoW, right? Glad to see this irrational hate is going strong in the close-minded AO community.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Says someone that's never tried WoW, right? Glad to see this irrational hate is going strong in the close-minded AO community.
    And people still take everything writen on forums seriously? Hmm, I dunno... if I should dish out some money and give a try...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Can we just trash Halloween this year and deal with the engine? I think it's slightly less important.

I doubt there's hundred or even thousands of people waiting for Halloween goodies to come back to the game...
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast