Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 15th, 2010 - Aliens OMG

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Can we just trash Halloween this year and deal with the engine? I think it's slightly less important.

I doubt there's hundred or even thousands of people waiting for Halloween goodies to come back to the game...
    WTS: IP for reading skills.

I think you might have understood from the original post that the engine people were not disturbed by halloween niceties.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Besides there are actually some people that reactivate just for Halloween...

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Says someone that's never tried WoW, right? Glad to see this irrational hate is going strong in the close-minded AO community.
    Well, you've gotta agree on the "fugly" bit.

Back on topic: yay pumpkinz!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

/snip... Glad to see this irrational hate is going strong in the close-minded AO community.
    ...to read that after some of your posts in the last weeks...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

WTB Uncle pumpkinhead! he was out last year before I even broke out the Peanut special and now I just watched it 3 times

WoW is copypasting hecklers into their game? I knew it, I knew it, powerleveling has reached WoW too. Soon there will be BS...
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    And people still take everything writen on forums seriously? Hmm, I dunno... if I should dish out some money and give a try...
    Well there is the 7 or 14 day or whatever it is now trial. The beginning areas that you'd have access to are the old ones, still from 2004. With Cataclysm, Blizzard is redoing the entire levelling process, revamping the entire original world. (as you could see from the video. Not stated in the video: level ranges are being changed too. Some zones were for a certain level range, now they're for another one, so it's a better overall levelling experience)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Well, you've gotta agree on the "fugly" bit.
    At low details, yes. When you can raise the details, it looks very pretty. And yes, I can agree that seeing just screenshots or youtube videos can make it seem cartoon-y, but when you actually play the game, it all works so well together, that sometimes it looked more realistic than AO to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    ...to read that after some of your posts in the last weeks...
    Feel free to send me a PM of where I've shown close-minded irrational hate. I'm sure there's an example you can find, but a very large majority of my hate has a completely rational explanation, which, since you said this, I'm sure you're dying to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    WoW is copypasting hecklers into their game? I knew it, I knew it, powerleveling has reached WoW too. Soon there will be BS...
    BS is copy-pasted from WoW already, they're called BGs and they've been an integral part of WoW since it launched in 04.

BS is copy-pasted from WoW already, they're called BGs and they've been an integral part of WoW since it launched in 04.
    Oh come on. Let's not start that old discussion. WoW stole half of their features from EQ! Lies EQ took it from DaoC! omg no way daoc took it from ultima 8!!11

Adding in nice ideas from other games has been happening from day 1 in the development of MMOs and while wow is being copied a lot, they hardly invented the features like pvp zones or rolling systems.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

it looked more realistic than AO to me.
    This means almost nothing at all!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Ok, can we send the village fool back to play wow and get back on topic (haha)?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Oh come on. Let's not start that old discussion. WoW stole half of their features from EQ! Lies EQ took it from DaoC! omg no way daoc took it from ultima 8!!11

Adding in nice ideas from other games has been happening from day 1 in the development of MMOs and while wow is being copied a lot, they hardly invented the features like pvp zones or rolling systems.
    That's not the point of what he was saying though.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well, what is the point? That WoW isn't bad? Don't think anyone seriously believes it is. That prejudices are bad? Then starting the whole "omg xxx did it first" debate that has been annoying 10 years ago already isn't the best aproach to that.
    To counter the quote that "WoW copypasted hecklers into the game"? That post has broken the sarcasm-o-meter already and even supplied the wink-smiley for the doubtful.

Hey I'm not disagreeing that the "wow hatezor" is dumb and it does certainly look nice. I'll never play it personally but that's a personal choice and doesn't make the game bad in any way. I really cannot stand any more of the "omg wow did it first" or "they stole it from EQ/WoW/AO/DaoC" comments though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Well, what is the point? That WoW isn't bad? Don't think anyone seriously believes it is. That prejudices are bad? Then starting the whole "omg xxx did it first" debate that has been annoying 10 years ago already isn't the best aproach to that.
    To counter the quote that "WoW copypasted hecklers into the game"? That post has broken the sarcasm-o-meter already and even supplied the wink-smiley for the doubtful.

Hey I'm not disagreeing that the "wow hatezor" is dumb and it does certainly look nice. I'll never play it personally but that's a personal choice and doesn't make the game bad in any way. I really cannot stand any more of the "omg wow did it first" or "they stole it from EQ/WoW/AO/DaoC" comments though.
    Lusos101 said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Now, whether he was serious or not, isn't really important atm.

Esssch said this:

Point being that WoW already has BS's in the form of batthegrounds. He was just pointing out that WoW had instanced PvP with a queue-system before AO did.

It's not about who invented instanced PvP. So going back to pre-wow MMO's for that is besides the point. The point is that WoW can't copy AO's instanced PvP because WoW has it already.

It's just a reply to a statement. Whether Lusos101 was joking or not, what Esssch said was true. If Lusos101 didn't know that WoW had instanced PVP then he learned something now. If he did know and was only joking (as in, being sarcastic), then Esssch's reply was a bit moot but still not wrong in any shape or form
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:53:34.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Can we just trash Halloween this year and deal with the engine? I think it's slightly less important.
    yes please. Isn't there already enough cutesy crap in this game? enough already.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

my goodness just because you people that say trash it do not like the halloween stuff doesnt mean to ruin it for others, leave stuff alone as is, quite a few people reactivated just to see what theyd get for halloween this year so atleast thats good
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I've been looking forward to the new Halloween items since the last ones got pulled off the tables >.>

As far as *other mmo* goes:
    I like character creation.
    Dislike fantasy settings.
    Don't consider a team/vehicle to be a character.

What do you have for me :P
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Don't consider a team/vehicle to be a character.
    Vehicles is peoples t00 yo!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    It's just a reply to a statement. Whether Lusos101 was joking or not, what Esssch said was true. If Lusos101 didn't know that WoW had instanced PVP then he learned something now. If he did know and was only joking (as in, being sarcastic), then Esssch's reply was a bit moot but still not wrong in any shape or form
    Of course he knows. Hence the smiley. I didn't say that the quoted part was wrong either but that's it's stupid to go into the "who did it first" discussion which I hoped it wouldn't go to... which it basically ended up anyway. So enough derail I don't wanna get further into that crap.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    What's the topic?
    Pants.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast