Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 15th, 2010 - Aliens OMG

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Can we just trash Halloween this year and deal with the engine? I think it's slightly less important.

I doubt there's hundred or even thousands of people waiting for Halloween goodies to come back to the game...
    You're right. Shame on the artists and content designers to not spend their time on coding up the new engine integration!

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Pants.
    Or the lack thereof
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Or the lack thereof
    Now that relevant to my interests.

How many people would bitch if they'd scrap Halloween? This is the fun part of development... whatever you are doing... someone will always bitch.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Pants.
    Stale ones?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Stale ones?
    Stale but still crunchy.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    You're right. Shame on the artists and content designers to not spend their time on coding up the new engine integration!
    It's always amusing how many people seem to think artists should be writing code, and devs spend time putting together new textures...

...until you realize that these people will one day (if not already) be voting on important issues for society.

Check out my doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    ...until you realize that these people will one day (if not already) be voting on important issues for society.
    ...until you realise that these people could have instead have been working on creating new textures/items/areas to complement the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk View Post
    Check out my doubles.
    No thanks, but feel free to check out mine.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    No thanks, but feel free to check out mine.
    Not fair someone deleted their post

Also the text looks to Asian OP

It's sad to come here week after week and see this happening. I wont torture myself anymore, just cancelled my 2 accounts. I feel sorry for you guys at FC still trying, but we all know where this is going to end.
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

do not know why you are canceling your accounts but have fun in rk4, this group of funcom staff is actually accomplishing more then the others have in the past
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    do not know why you are canceling your accounts but have fun in rk4, this group of funcom staff is actually accomplishing more then the others have in the past
    This group also introduced a lot of unneeded crap, which effectively canceled out all the good stuff they made.

Means is by far the best thing that happened to this game, he just dont have the resources, don't you get it? I mean come on, log in and look around.
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

True enough, but still...

My credit card finger is itching and I simply can't see anything that will make me to get rid of the itch. Some tiny info on MP rebalance (heck, even engie's, since they are both pet profs) would potentially make me to change my mind.

I do log in daily, I do see not many people on Rk2... I do see all what you see, but I give them more time then you are willing, Ive been playing since 2001 Ive seen a lot of my friends come and go and come again, try playing on Testlive, then you will see a ghost zone at certain hours....

Means even admited it this week, when they work on something else, be it the new alien mission or halloween content, the resources come out of the new engine. They just dont have the resources to push the new engine forward at the time beeing. They dont even care to fix some issues that were left with last patches, they just move forward and present us new faulty content. Whats the point, theres no one left to play this content. In my eyes the only hope would be to draw new blood into the game like they did in the past, thus why me and so many others think the new engine would be so important. We are left with a group of grumpy old players that dual log to do everything.
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The last couple of weeks we have been exclusively focused (not the engine guys before anyone asks) on completing the Alien Daily Mission system (including the long awaited Sector 7 - level 151-200 alien playfield) and making sure this year's Halloween goodies are more than up to snuff for this year's festivities. It was more than important that this update is done and polished as any efforts I might have considered to actually delay Halloween would have been ignored. A side effect of a full team push on getting this content done and dusted has unfortunately meant that the Engineer changes have had to wait. We knew that this content would delay the completion of the engineer document and I am sorry we did not make that more clear when we expressed that Engineers would be "next". We are aiming for the next update to hit live servers next week...with a fall back date of the following week if we find issues we can't accept on TestLive this weekend. We will know for sure on Tuesday next week....who knows what surprises await us during testing this weekend!

Have a great weekend!
    aint nothing in here about resources, its just about the team putting the engineer document on hold and the engine on hold for them to work on the halloween stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    aint nothing in here about resources, its just about the team putting the engineer document on hold and the engine on hold for them to work on the halloween stuff,
    See, in the first line he explicitly states that the engine guys have not been effect AT ALL by the halloween stuff, they were not taken off the engine to work on the halloween stuff, its right there, in brackets, not even a dozen words in!

The only thing that got effected is the engineer documents, and tbh I think getting the alien dailies and (to a lesser extent) halloween stuff set up first is a better idea, rather than scrapping the holiday stuff and drawing out content while trying to work on things in tandem. Get alien dailies and s7 done, then can focus more on the remaining class balances (as theres more of them then just engineer)

So where is the new engine progress, that this guys-that-were-not-removed-from-working-on is? I think the awnser lie in the Q2 2010 Funcom Presentation, if you read it carefully, you will learn the AO future:

http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fro...&table=CONTENT

Go on, read it, i think you will be enlightened as i am at this moment.
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

There hardly has been any information or reference to AO and AOs future in the Financial Reports / Presentation for the past quarters. Why should this time be any different?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast