Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 15th, 2010 - Aliens OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    It's not Halloween yet, still over a week to go...
    says who? refer to what means said on friday below...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...We are aiming for the next update to hit live servers next week...with a fall back date of the following week if we find issues we can't accept on TestLive this weekend. We will know for sure on Tuesday next week....who knows what surprises await us during testing this weekend!
    Today is/was tuesday...

unless you have been told something the rest of us have not, and are keeping it to yourself and only alluding to that something, then the rest of us can only assume that everything is on schedule, or that testing found piles of bugs. but, we don't know, its only assumptions. if the devs are going with the fall back date of next week like you are alluding to, then they should at least tell us "hey, sorry guys, someone broke test server. patch will be next week."
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Oct 19th, 2010 at 21:07:48.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Why don't you come up with an argument rather then reword what someone else said in some vain attempt to be ironic.
    says the one imitating the top 10 fanboys of all times.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    says the one imitating the top 10 fanboys of all times.
    Why yes I am a fan of Funcom, so nice of you to notice. One would think that, with you being here on their forums, that you'd be a fan of Funcom too. Or perhaps you're just a nomadic troll wandering the interwebz in search of a place to put in a witty comment or two?

What's wrong with being a fan? Beyond that it seems people want others to hate Funcom's guts because of the atrocities they force us to witness...
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Ah, good, you're catching on ... so comparing different products is ridiculous is it? I'm glad you see it because EVE is not AO, neither is Everquest or Ultima Online, or any other game that you can post a link to to try to 'prove' that AO and FC are failing it's community.

OK, please do retort with how awful AO is, how long the graphics engine is delayed and how your expectations aren't being met .... while you continue to pay and play.
    Pro-tip: I neither pay nor play. Nice facts you got there, big guy.
    Why don't you come up with an argument rather then reword what someone else said in some vain attempt to be ironic.
    /bow

But you know he's just gona come back with something like "But AO is a game, so is EVE (etc) so they're comparable".
    Bad analogy (though, in typical troll fashion, for someone supposedly not into forum PvP you'll never admit that), we have a benchmark for how fast food should be served (ie hot food still hot). We however have no such benchmark for game engines.
    The only 'valid' benchmark for a graphics upgrade for AO would be if UO/Everquest or some other equally ancient MMO would attempt it. There aren't many games out there even as old as AO. Why do people think it's sensible to compare what AO devs can do to some more current games? That's just ignorant.
    I just thought I'd point out the rampant hypocrisy you two are demonstrating, simply to try and beat me in a forum duel. Go ahead, try again, I'll be here, ready to prove you wrong. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I neither pay nor play.
    Why are you even here then? To look bad?

I find it funny that you're trying to call my a hypocrite while quoting what someone else said. But good job, shows your style; willing to make **** up to try to beat me in a forum duel (irony, fun stuff).
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Pro-tip: I neither pay nor play. Nice facts you got there, big guy.
    Well if you dont play then you have no right to comment about the game. There is such a thing as constructive critisisum and the ravings of a troll who thinks FC owes you anything. You dont like the game, fine, you've said your piece now shut up. Id rather see people post constructive ideas that FC can actually use than someone that has no consept of game development whining hes not getting what he wants.

Means and his group of people have done more and better things for this game than anyone else in the past.
    I dont care how long it takes them to get the game engine out, nor the re-balance. As long as they consistantly strive to make the game better and add new content im happy. Which they have. Means has always strived to have new content released every couple of months. Past GD were lucky to get anything out once a year.
    I applaud what Means has managed to do to this game with as few people that FC has allowed him to use and i look forward to seeing the new shinies, even if it takes another year.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Worldofalts View Post
    Today is/was tuesday...

unless you have been told something the rest of us have not, and are keeping it to yourself and only alluding to that something, then the rest of us can only assume that everything is on schedule, or that testing found piles of bugs. but, we don't know, its only assumptions. if the devs are going with the fall back date of next week like you are alluding to, then they should at least tell us "hey, sorry guys, someone broke test server. patch will be next week."
    And there's still plenty of time to get it out this week, or for the fall back of next week before Halloween, no sense stressing over it, it'll be done when it's done and on live when it's ready. Complaining that it's not done yet when they haven't even reached the first of the two deadlines Means posted seems a bit pointless to me is all, that was all.

As I said before, still well over a week to go till Halloween, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to meet that deadline.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Why are you even here then? To look bad?

I find it funny that you're trying to call my a hypocrite while quoting what someone else said. But good job, shows your style; willing to make **** up to try to beat me in a forum duel (irony, fun stuff).
    There are 3 quotes there from you. You may want to get your eyes checked. It will help you in your epic quest to not look like a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwarn View Post
    Well if you dont play then you have no right to comment about the game. There is such a thing as constructive critisisum and the ravings of a troll who thinks FC owes you anything. You dont like the game, fine, you've said your piece now shut up. Id rather see people post constructive ideas that FC can actually use than someone that has no consept of game development whining hes not getting what he wants.
    I don't play because there's nothing to do ingame. I've done literally everything this game has to offer. I've been here since november 2001, so I've had plenty of time to do everything. Now, I play another game while waiting for changes to be made to this game.

Thanks for letting me know that I don't like the game, though. I was having trouble making up my mind about that. Could you happen to tell me how I feel about everything else in the world, too?

There are 3 quotes there from you. You may want to get your eyes checked. It will help you in your epic quest to not look like a fool.
    Yes I noticed that, however anything pertaining to your (false) accusation of my being a hypocrite was not contained in those quotes thus you were quoting someone else being a hypocrite but still attempting to apply the label (of being a hypocrite) to me.

I'll try not to make such logical conclusions without detailed explanation in the future, don't wanna confuse you to much.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Omfg this got out of hand haha! Btw i dont like hamburgers!

Edit: Just one small note: I DO think this guys working on AO are a wonderfull team, but unlike you, instead of more content, i would like to see something that can shift the pace of the game, and bring some old players i miss and new blood the game so desperatly needs.

Edit2: There is literaly NOTHING you can quote or respond to in this message, i dare you not to!
    Last edited by Ydernola; Oct 20th, 2010 at 02:31:07.
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

Yes I noticed that, however anything pertaining to your (false) accusation of my being a hypocrite was not contained in those quotes thus you were quoting someone else being a hypocrite but still attempting to apply the label (of being a hypocrite) to me.

I'll try not to make such logical conclusions without detailed explanation in the future, don't wanna confuse you to much.
    I realize this is tough to comprehend, but when you publicly agree with someone, that means that people see you as having the same viewpoint on that particular issue.

Obtena and I were arguing the validity of comparing AO to any other game. You agreed that doing so was ridiculous, but previously in this thread, lamented the fact that we have no benchmark to know what to expect.

So, hypocrisy revealed. Feel free to take some time off, learn how to not look like a moron. Whatever you need to do. Don't worry, I may not pay for AO, but my account is currently paid, so I'll be here to prove you wrong next time. Yet again.

OH you don't pay or play? Good, then I'm done talking to you. Too bad you didn't tell me sooner. You have no place here.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I realize this is tough to comprehend, but when you publicly agree with someone, that means that people see you as having the same viewpoint on that particular issue.
    Right.. so because I agree with someone on one point I must; at all times, for the entirety of the debate, agree with them on everything? If Obtena says s/he likes cherry pie and I don't I must now say that I do anyway because I agreed with him/her previously?

You're grasping at straws in some inane attempt to not admit that you're wrong. I know, it's tough, nobody likes the idea that they may have said something that was untruthful but acting like everyone else around you is stupid instead of admitting your mistake only makes it worse. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

If Obtena says s/he likes cherry pie and I don't I must now say that I do anyway because I agreed with him/her previously?
    Yes.

... I like pie.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    ... I like pie.
    Me too, Pumpkin is the best!
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

OH you don't pay or play? Good, then I'm done talking to you. Too bad you didn't tell me sooner. You have no place here.
    Hm, funny.
    1: I've both paid and played considerably longer than you have. Just because I'm taking a break doesn't make you some god, nor does it make you correct. Nice to know that you don't have an actual argument here and must fall back on this excuse though.

2: You've never talked to me. You've only ever talked at me. There is a difference, which you will now ignore to talk at me some more.

3: You have no right to tell me if I have a place here or not. That's Funcom's call. I know the professional title under your name has gone to your head, but maybe you should stop being such an arrogant jackass, I guarantee it will help you in your future endeavors.

Right.. so because I agree with someone on one point I must; at all times, for the entirety of the debate, agree with them on everything? If Obtena says s/he likes cherry pie and I don't I must now say that I do anyway because I agreed with him/her previously?

You're grasping at straws in some inane attempt to not admit that you're wrong. I know, it's tough, nobody likes the idea that they may have said something that was untruthful but acting like everyone else around you is stupid instead of admitting your mistake only makes it worse. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself.
    Maybe you should go reread what you're actually arguing about, because you seem to have lost sight of it. I'll give you a hint: the part you agreed with, and the part we're now arguing? They're not different. You agreed with someone, I called you out on it, now you're trying to argue that you never agreed with it in the first place. My, you're quite excellent at this whole being intelligent thing, aren't you?

Maybe you should go reread what you're actually arguing about, because you seem to have lost sight of it. I'll give you a hint: the part you agreed with, and the part we're now arguing? They're not different. You agreed with someone, I called you out on it, now you're trying to argue that you never agreed with it in the first place. My, you're quite excellent at this whole being intelligent thing, aren't you?
    Where did I agree with Obtena that AO is comparable to EU etc?

Show me. Seeing as that is your only point of contestation and so called proof to insult me lets see what you feel is me agreeing with him/her on that specific point.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Burger pie anyone?
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

Where did I agree with Obtena that AO is comparable to EU etc?

Show me. Seeing as that is your only point of contestation and so called proof to insult me lets see what you feel is me agreeing with him/her on that specific point.
    I'm sorry, but if you don't feel the need to pay attention to what you say, then I don't feel the need to remind you every time you forget (every other post).

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast