Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pvp....

pvp....

so ye i was outa game for a bit came back 6months ago and people are runing around with these lame titles... so iv looked and looked and i cant see why was the old system changed????

i used to get a buzz from pvp , sit here shakeing and stuff after i won/lost a fight or what not ,

now i jus gladly die and heal up and run into 10 omnis again and die...

wheres the buzz from pvp gone?? /duel is jus lame what is wining/loseing 1 duel score , still no buzz

wtb old ways back , WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT ISNT BROKEN!?

my thought.... u keep ur BS titles , farm ur 98 solo pvp score IN BS...
    but when your outside, u get your . target didnt lose anuf to gane reward. and old titles back,

like how lame is the new titles ...

i like playin ao , have for many years , but after everything u fc guys keep messin up , why this!

this is prob old news.... but.... i wanna know more...
    Programmer 220 Fix0r

Pinklips 220 Crat

Endlessnight 220 doc

Nosodontask 150 trader

Prospector 150 enfo

Unbump, tired of those /afkers, BY huggers, meepers, etc.

Remove the ability of ppl to chicken out from a fight, then the old title makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Unbump, tired of those /afkers, BY huggers, meepers, etc.

Remove the ability of ppl to chicken out from a fight, then the old title makes sense.
    /afk'ing can be taken care of and it should have been from the start. FC chose the boring way out of that dilemma. I talked about it briefly with Silirrion when he was GD. FC always take the boring way out! *hides*

BY hugging and meeping is exactly the same now as it always was. No one wants to die in city PvP now any more than they did before. Nothing has changed there and nothing will change if we get old system back.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The old titles were removed so that people would stop doing everything in their power to avoid losing PvP title points. When they added the auto-afk system, and added the game-mechanic that kicks afk people from BS, it created a very annoying problem. People who were about to lose a fight on BS would just type /afk (or hit their /afk macro button) to avoid losing.

It worked, too. /afking from BS is almost a thing of the past, wheras it used to happen *constantly*. You'd see people afk from BS many, many times a round. Some people would never allow themselves to die. The only way to kill them was to do it faster than they could press a button.

In retrospect, it would've been way better to just remove the mechanic which kicks people from BS when they afk. We'd go back to having afk people leeching on BS... instead of them using macros, or just tabbing in to press a button every couple of mins, and, um, leeching on BS, as we have now.

People still hug backyards in the near-extinct phenomenom of outside PvP, so nothing was gained there imo. Tons of people have campaigned to restore the old title system, perhaps using an opt-in system so you only use the old title system if you elect to. afaik we haven't managed to get any feedback from FC on this matter. I assume this means it's not going to happen.

I used to be one of the "I don't care about titles" people, and only when they were removed did I realise I was lying. I *did* get a thrill when I gained a title, and I certainly needed to kill someone whenever they robbed me of a title. Sure, I always fought everyone on BS, but the battles with the people in my title range were the most frenetic and exciting.

Oh, another reason they scrapped the old title system was that it effectively discouraged teaming. In this the change was also successful. Teaming on BS is relatively common these days, so it's not that rare to zone up and find that every freaking opponent you see is backed up by 7 blockers, a doc, absurd AAD and AAO from auras, and enough perks and specials to drop anything instantly. If one side on BS forms a good team and the other side doesn't (either due to lack of the right classes or just coz they don't want to) then BS is more one-sided than it ever used to be before the title system changes.

I don't think FC should really be criticised for the changes. The new title system is boring, yes, but it was put in place to fix legitimate problems which people were legitimately complaining about. Unfortunately, the changes had unanticipated negative consequences. I think these consequences need to be dealt with. I hope we can get some thoughts from FC about this topic some day.

Bring back the old title system in some form, and disable /afk-evac from BS. I honestly don't think afk leeches were ever that much of a problem. That problem sort of solved itself to a degree, since the side with leeches tended to lose badly and not get enough VP to be bothered with. Hell, at least the damn thing was running!
    Last edited by -Stage-; Oct 16th, 2010 at 09:46:59.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    *Stuff*
    Good post
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I still liked the old way, when your target decided to run away, even though he was close to beating you (but he didn't know that). It was actually very exciting (as OP noticed himself).

Today, your target just stays and goes for all or nothing, which is not so exciting anymore. Today's PvP simply lack some of its old feeling.

But again, for old title system to come back, we need PvP rebalance to deal with first.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Oct 16th, 2010 at 14:35:02.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I still liked the old way, when your target decided to run away, even though he was close to beating you (but he didn't know that). It was actually very exciting (as OP noticed himself).

Today, your target just stays and goes for all or nothing, which is not so exciting anymore. Today's PvP simply lack some of its old feeling.

But again, for old title system to come back, we need PvP rebalance to deal with first.
    Who do you fight against?

Seems everyone I come across on BS runs like hell the moment their HP drops below half.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

He fights against nobody, as he doesn't play this game anymore. He just trolls the forums.

Perhaps restoring the old title system would draw him back in-game!

Byracka iddqd

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    He fights against nobody, as he doesn't play this game anymore. He just trolls the forums.
    Failed troll attempt from a failed professional.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

You sure do argue a lot!

Byracka iddqd

Bump for this, i rly want old titles back, mostly because i was a massive noob before the new pvp system came out and didnt pvp alot, i was most worried about gaining lvls and farming gear, when i started to get ready for pvp they intruduced the new system, which kinda sucks theres rly no gain except for a point count, and u dont lose anything, to me death in pvp means nothing, i'd rather go for the all or nothing as klod suggested then kite or run.

Maybe if they introduced the old pvp system again we could get some thrilling pvp. Cuz whatever it is now gets dull, really really fast.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by programmer View Post
    now i jus gladly die and heal up and run into 10 omnis again and die...
    And what is wrong? It is much better than watching fixer how he can only FA, AS and meep/afk to save his new title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Maybe if they introduced the old pvp system again we could get some thrilling pvp.
    You could get "thrilling" /assist and hugging BY/zergs and meepers,well I bet some people wouldn't pvp with their "Master" alts, because they probably paid for it.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 23:22:40.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    And what is wrong? It is much better than watching fixer how he can only FA, AS and meep/afk to save his new title.
    Fixers do that now too :S but when i force some1 to meep i count it as a win
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

"Programmer 220/20 Fix0r

THIS IS SPARTA!"

... Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter042 View Post
    Perhaps restoring the old title system would draw him back in-game!
    Good reason to not bring it back.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    "Programmer 220/20 Fix0r

THIS IS SPARTA!"

... Figures.
    I was about to post the same thing. This thread is funny.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

PVP....I thought it was PPV, whats PVP then?
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

PVP should be PPV but then some VP's would get VD's from some VC's.
    And sore wrists too.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast