Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RP Jurisdiction Areas and Zones

PS: If you want an extremely detailed answer, ask Trousers.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Right, here’s the deal.

First thing first, we need to establish ownership.

Omni-Tek hold the rights to Rubi-Ka.

Omni-Tek conceded some rights to the Clans with the Tir Accord.

The Clans lost any property rights when the Tir Accord was annulled.

Omni-Tek extended Property Rights to the Government of Newland City when they acknowledged them as the Governing Body of the people of Newland.

At the moment two Governments Exist: Omni-Tek and Newland City.

Since Omni-Tek holds property rights they therefore have the right to directly enforce law in all of the lands, except those which they do not have governmental authority of.

Omni-Tek maintains the ability to operate inside of Newland City, however, since Newland is a Political Case the officers/departments must seek Special Authorization to do so.

Therefore, Omni-Pol has full, legal jurisdiction inside of Tir and Omni-2, as examples. The problem Omni-Pol has is Force Projection. Because these regions are occupied by individuals who will shoot an Omni-Tek employee on sight it limits the effectiveness of Omni-Pol to enforce Corporate Law in these places. The Clans, having their own systems of local government enforce their own law, while, Omni-Pol considered Clan held cities and regions to Without the Rule Of Law (WROL) and the amount of Credits and Manpower to attempt to maintain the Rule Of Law is outside of the scope of Omni-Pol to achieve.

Based on this, an Omni-Pol roleplayer, while having full and total jurisdiction to operate in Tir, needs to take the political environment into consideration. While the player may be able to Fly a Yalm to Omni-2 and walk around without aggroing any Guards doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to do that since it’s outside of the scope of something Omni-Pol as a whole would do.

Lastly, it’s important to understand how Omni-Pol operates. There’s no such thing as an Omni-Pol department which operates across all of Rubi-Ka. Such an Authority does exist, and it’s the Omni-Armed Forces Military Police, not Omni-Pol.

Circa 2003:
    Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Police Department

Director of Rubi-Ka Operations: Ivan Sergeyitch
    Employees on Rubi-Ka: 10,000 (est.)

The Omni-Tek Police Department (Omni-Pol) handles primary law enforcement in all Omni-Tek owned and operated colonies, territories, and locations.

The local branch of Omni-Pol supervises the operation, execution, and administration of the prevention, detection, and prosecution of violations of rules and regulations across Rubi-Ka.

Director of Omni-Pol Rubi-Ka is currently Ivan Sergeyitch, a lifelong OT employee with an almost thirty-year service record in Omni-Pol. He's gained a reputation for being an effective and dependable Director - as well as a hard-hitting one; his nickname is "Ivan the Terrible" - and the number of arrests made annually has more than tripled since he received his corporate commission. Sergeyitch holds a position on the Board of Directors for OT-RK, and answers directly to CEO Philip Ross.

While Omni-Pol's primary responsibility lies in the Omni-Tek controlled areas as defined in the Tir Accord, OP has the mandate to enter areas that are under the control of the Council of Truth - including the city of Tir - to conduct investigations and make arrests, provided that the Council is informed about OP’s operations.

Omni-Tek does not recognise the neutrals’ right to own land, and considers neutral-held areas to be under direct OT jurisdiction. OP forces rarely enter neutral territories, however, unless they are conducting investigations or making arrests.

Omni-Pol's command structure is as follows: The Director supervises a group of Deputy Directors, each of whom is responsible for a geographic area or a particular branch, task-force, or sub-department. Depending on the branch in question, each Deputy Director is at the top of a local command structure, which extends down to junior officers and civilian personnel.

In addition to the standard police force, there are four sub-departments under the Omni-Pol umbrella: OP Investigative Services, OP Corporate Control, and OP Anti-Terrorist Unit are part of Omni-Pol pan-galactic operations. Unique to Rubi-Ka is OP Clan Watch, a special task-force assembled up to monitor clan activities.

Each sub-department has a Deputy Director, who answers to the Director. These Deputy Directors are: For OP Internal Services (OP-IS); May Zhen. For OP Corporate Control (OP-CC); Mathias Schoel. For OP Anti-Terrorist Unit; Edwin A. McKinstry. For OP Clan Watch; Izabela Turzynski.

OP-IS monitors procedure and investigates cases internally in Omni-Pol. OP-CC monitors the activities of other corporations on Rubi-Ka. OP-ATU deals with investigations into terrorist threats to, and attacks on, Omni-Tek interests, such as the operations of the Dust Brigade. OP-CW monitors and investigates clan activities.

I’d be happy to discuss this topic at further length with anyone who wishes to do so.
    Last edited by Trousers; Oct 4th, 2012 at 18:59:19. Reason: Part of the post was cut off
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Oh now Sotto there you go again making sense, don't you know people that play Omni-Pol don't want to hear about what departments their are and what they do. They just want to have the right to walk around and harrass other players and call it RP.
    Okay, maybe not all people that play OP, but when you think about how many people that play OP get all upset cause they really don't have power anymore in Newland. I mean every time you tell an Omni-Pol player "you really don't have jurisdiction in this area" they get all bent out of shape saying "but Omni owns the planet and we should have the right to go anywhere". You start suggesting that OP Officers would have assigned areas and tasks, veins start to bulge in their foreheads.

Full aneurysm might occur if you point out, that while yes Omni is a government they're also a corporation so there's going to be a bottom line of things like liability, cost management, and other factors. So lets say an off duty OP officer was in Hope and saw a stim deal go down between a clanner and a neutral, and if the officer decided to go and make an arrest odds are the OP would get into trouble for causing possible issues, in an area where OT really doesn't care about and nothing to do with loyal employees.
    Okay I know this were Sotto and I disagree. I do have more on the subject but RL calls and I need to leave, I'm sure someone will keep things warm while I'm gone.
    I'll be sure to finish my thoughts here sometime later.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

<3 Pants.

@Foos, who the hell does that!? Even Cora accepted defeat with Newland long ago. :P
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

@Cora, I'll come back to you later.

@pants, really good post but umm where did you get all that stuff at the bottom.
    I guess I could look but that would mean work and reading, and well you know.... lol
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

I'm glad you asked, Foos.

The information can be found from the Anarchy-Online Homepage Archives.

As this is the most detailed description I have ever seen, and none of the current lore contradicts it, It meets my guidelines for canon (as far as I am concerned).

I so love the wayback machine.
    but I'm willing to bet FC/Events will just say the info isn't valid cause it's outdated (by outdated I mean forgot that it was there in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    I so love the wayback machine.
    but I'm willing to bet FC/Events will just say the info isn't valid cause it's outdated (by outdated I mean forgot that it was there in the first place).
    That's what they did with Niklas Kappel. It's shameful and I hope it doesn't happen again.

It's a good time to write about Newland and Neutral areas. Every once in a while someone ask us about Borealis then get really pissed, borderline OOC, when we can't help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to hear from RK2 too.

Newland's authority

Newland is a city government, the mayor have been elected who, in turn, designated a general for the militia and a ministers for 4 departments (Trade, Defence, Foreign Relations and R&D), there can be several ministers for a seat.

The council is the only neutral governing body recognized as one on Rubi Ka. There is still a grey area however as this authority contradict terms of OT's lease, leading to several tension between Newland and Omni Tek. The higher hierarchy respects officialy the city, but agents have tried to act in the city without declaring themselves. As a result public regulations have been issued, to keep a written trace.

The authority range is limited : Being a city hall, the council have authority in the city. They also take care of Newland Desert, excluding Meetmedere. Acts of the council outside the city and its business is illegal, but it did happen when neutrals were in danger and there is nobody with the means to help. In such rare cases the help is discreet and employs mercenaries.

The ministers

The minister gather intel and act according to the plans discussed at the city meetings. They are available for contact when discussing the city's or neutrals matter, but major acts will require some input from Toog of Hekkat, being players themselves, they can't do more then you do. They can reach the event team easily.

It's important to note that minister is a second job to whatever they do in their own org. So some actions can be unrelated, even if they take care to not do prejudice to the council. Also the defense minister doesn't control the militia, it's under the responsibility of General Hekkat.

The militia

The militia have been created to replace mercenaries led by Loren Warr, sister of Ian Warr. Philipp Ross contributed financially to the militia, this doesn't mean the militia is affiliated with Omni Tek.

They take care of all security concern, patrol the streets and deal with trouble makers. They fire on sight if they spot a someone attacking another. They also investigate and conduct arrests in the city. The prison is also under their control, with the survey of ICC inspectors.

They are not designed as a mobile force and can't move outside the city, so no point in asking for them to drop somewhere else to assist.

Borealis

Newland officially condemn the state of Borealis as it's level of living dropped significantly since Omni Tek moved it. They offer shelter and help to refugees but doesn't take military actions to liberate it. As it would jeopardy it's neutrality, and also because the city doesn't have the mean to capture, or even govern, another city. They also condemn the terrorist groups (like Red Freedom) who strike in the city, believing that they make the situation worse for its inhabitants.

The city agree to advise any action that doesn't involve a coup d'etat however.

Neutral Cities

Jobe act with its own council and, while it has its sympathy for neutrals, doesn't feel they belong. JAME did open trade links to equip the militia but otherwise they doesn't have privileged links.

Other cities on Rubi Ka act independantly, following a more anarchic form of government. They are centered around a business (Reets), a group of farmers, or criminals. Usually there is one notable Trader moving in, providing the needed economy, like Zoftig Blimp in hope or Thin Bernice in Sabulum.

The ICC

The ICC employs peacekeepers in neutrals cities that doesn't have it's own miltia to ensure neutrals rights are respected. They doesn't govern the cities themselves.
    --
    I hope this helps understand better what the hell Newland is supposed to do and we have less trolling about that in the future.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Boltgun,

From an Omni-Tek Perspective from RK2 - I'd argue with nothing that you said.

Actually a good summary of the neutral positions Boltgun.

One thing I need to clarify though.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post

The minister gather intel and act according to the plans discussed at the city meetings. They are available for contact when discussing the city's or neutrals matter, but major acts will require some input from Toog of Hekkat, being players themselves, they can't do more then you do. They can reach the event team easily.
    Toog and Hekkat are "Legacy LTC characters"... much in the same way as say Sergeyich, Max, Jacobi, Tristram, Silverstone....etc

They are "blue named" LTC characters run by members of ARK, and as Legacy characters, these ARKs are also members of the Events team. This is not saying that they are in essence more powerful than any other player in the scope of what storys players are pursuing. The ARKs definately try to keep tabs on the storys being run by the players, as well as those that ARK Events team may be trying to pursue.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12