Thread: Agentcora - Not me

Agentcora - Not me

Apparently there is some confusion over Agentcora and I would like to get this cleared in one thread rather than squabble in others and ruin their threads. I apologise for any derailment already caused. I think people are mixing up Agentcora and me as a person. I am nothing like Agentcora. Just to clarify this is not aimed at any one person.

Affiliation
    Agentcora as long as she has been role-playing has been affiliated with Omni-Pol, apart from a short break where she joined a InternOp affiliated org which lasted 2 days where she received some training. Cora later progressed to create her own Division, Omni-Pol Alpha Division and have it affiliated with Omni-Pol.

Agentcora is now currently affiliated as a sole Omni-Pol Affiliate, nothing to do with my current organisation. Which some people incorrectly assume and use.

Events:
    This division grew and ran several non-ARK related events all of which were low-key and were received well. (Both OPAD and Agentcora were not involved with the Omni-Pol attack on Old Athen.) A few other events attracted more attention, such as arresting Nulion; again this event actually caused no eyebrow raising as everything was kept in-line. OPAD also upon request joined in other players events. No single OPAD event or event which was hosted by Agentcora has caused any issues. A few requests that were made have been rejected by the Events team, but I don’t expect to get everything we request.

Almost every single event which someone has mentioned as a reason not to take OPAD or Agentcora seriously has had actually nothing to do with either. But other former organisations which were not ran by me.

OPAD Death:

A certain individual came back to the game and against my better judgement I gave control of the Division to this individual as this person was after all my former mentor and who introduced me to Omni-Pol initially, (this being before Agentcora existed). This person practically ruined the division and took all the organisation bank credits before becoming banned. Without flaming FC or FC personnel, lets just leave it at we didn’t get it back. Many people were rightly annoyed and left and the organisation shortly disbanded. Which consequently a few weeks after that, I left the game. (This being for other reasons however, which I do not wish to discuss)

A few months later I came back to the game and slowly started getting back into things. Keeping everything very casual and letting things play-out more than what I got involved with. By this time Gus had set up OPBI and was a huge success, and not wanting to try and compete I decided to not remake OPAD but join my current non-RP org.

OPAD doesn’t physically exist anymore nor at the moment am I thinking of re-making it. However several players who was in OPAD still role-play as if it exists allowing us to carry out small events, such as a few clean up’s in Borealis and casual patrolling. Agentcora still receives assignments from the Board of Directors and is currently involved with 1 ARK ran event and a few player ran events. Nulion recently joined in with one.

Agentcora in person:

Agentcora is in fact a simple Omni-Pol Officer. No rank given. However as she effectively still runs a Division she is the Director of only that Division. Not a Director of Omni-Pol. Currently to my knowledge there are only Gustavis and his members and myself and my former members who role-play as Omni-Pol. I know that we are all the same rank; however Cora sees herself as Higher ranked than Gustavis’s members, but sees Gustavis as a higher rank than her. She may still get snooty with him and seem all high and mighty but that’s just her personality. She still calls him Sir, and salutes him.

Again any interaction with any player or ARK that roleplays Omni-Reform, InternOps, AF or Admin Cora addresses as Sir or Ma’am, and treats like a superior. She may however get a little more mouthy with players from other departments who ‘Cora’ not ‘me’ sees as less important.

The main problem at the moment with all this mix-up is not addressed at one person but generally comes from Clan or Neutral role-players. You need to understand that ‘Cora’ sees your characters as lesser beings and thinks she is superior to you in every way, shape and form. However I don’t.

Yes, Cora is hell-bent on improving her self image and will write as much garbage and propaganda as she can. But that doesn’t mean that what my articles say, I actually believe. I mean the whole ‘Omni-Tek is your friend article’ - I don’t expect people to come flooding to Reform, but it shows Cora’s superiors that she trying to do something for the betterment of the company. Pretty much all Cora does is to impress her superiors.

Jurisdiction:

Cora has and without getting into trouble from the Events Team always used the following rules for jurisdiction:

Omni-Pol (ARK) has jurisdiction everywhere on the planet other than Newland and Clan cities. Therefore if Cora wants to patrol Borealis and spots a few trouble makers she is quite in her right to do something about it. If she is patrolling 2 Holes and there is a Neutral person acting up, again she is in her right to do something. This being because she is in Omni Areas and Omni-Pol has jurisdiction. This does not mean however that I can do what I wish. For *a lot* of things I would need to send a mail into the Events Team or wait until the monthly Board Meeting and ask for authorization to do something, only then would I continue.

I think the point that I am trying to make is that I am nothing like my character and I hope people realise this. I apologise for any offence I have caused to anyone or annoyance and if need be I will tone down Cora’s attitude.

I am not on a “power trip”, Cora wants to arrest half of the planet and thinks she can, and will do anything to try. 'I' know she shouldn’t, but 'she' thinks she can. That’s the difference. Please just because you don’t like my character don’t assume I am the same and begin to purposely hassle anything that I try to do.

Thanks for reading the big wall of text and I hope this clears anything up. If not please PM me or reply here. I want to get this sorted so we don't have this grinding against each other. We should be a community after all.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

I realize you wanted to pull me in this direction. So, I am going to make this one post, to state my opinion on this particular route you have taken. After that, if you wish to continue, id much rather take it to PM instead.

1. Against my better judgement, I actually read this. I dislike reading up on backstory for characters that I should know nothing about in game. My rule has always been, 'find out in game'. Its a crappy rule, and it kinda stings to hear it, but its the only fair guideline that keeps metagaming to a minimum. To that end, I am skipping the history part.

2. My posts toward Agentcora are aimed at Agentcora. I completely understand you are not the same person behind the screen. I myself had a serious crux when posting as Bubba on the boards as well. I had to decide if my presence on the Editor's News forum was really worth the typecasting I was bringing onto myself. It was not my intent to typecast Bubba. It got to the point where Bubba's insults began to attract people who just wanted to be insulted by Bubba. It got really outta hand, and it really made me realize what I had done. I understand the situation completely, so I try to create no action by comparing character to player without understanding at first certain common elements.

3. I take character interaction at face value. Once you have established a character's presence, that presence will always determine how people view you. It is up to the player to decide what presence a person has, and it can change depending on how you feel the character would evolve.

4. Assuming that a character is yoked in responsibility, then your character should exhibit traits surrounding that. It should go without saying that if you are actively pursuing plot related to Omni-Pol Alpha Division, then you should be actively displaying that identity. If you choose to display two different identities, then this really confuses people as to which you are truthfully representing. If you are an officer, and a simple officer at that, then you should display being a simple officer as well. You are giving mixed signals to people when you display that you are not only not a simple officer, but you are also your own PR unit in the form of a reporter for OTPC. Is Agentcora a journalist, or is she an officer? Can she be both, but remain full capacity of both? How does that work? These are the questions you could ask yourself. When the time comes when you have situations like this, then you have a ready made explanation handy.

And finally, to the main point I think had the most relevance to my queries, was found in -

5. To say you Agentcora is not on a power trip, but wants to and believes she can arrest half the planet and will do anything to try? Thats food for a power play in the most fundamental and textbook sense I can think of. To admit this out of character, only serves to have it taken out of character as well. So really, what are you defending? I have not taken any offense, in or out of character at all. What I would like to know, is what sorta questions I need to ask you, in order for me to come to a logical judgement on how to deal with you, IC. OOC I can just ignore you. But IC, your reports touch other players and in by doing so, you are soliciting their reactions. So, you now you have to deal with credibility issues, which is where I have been prodding you.

These issues, whether they go solved or unsolved with further determine how people treat you IC or OOC. You might not be able to help how people perceive your character, but you can literally make up opportunities to present your character in a way that will enhance the way she is presented. How that presentation is handled, is up to you.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Oct 18th, 2010 at 21:00:28.

Okay I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here, cause I'm not seeing what all the hubub is about.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I've always seen the character of Cora as being kind of on a powertrip at times, but never had an issue with this cause well she's kind of a villain, or at the very least walks that fine line. So I kind of expect Cora to try and act bigger then she is.

As far as the player goes I've never really had any problems. Our dealing have always been dealings have always been civil and Cora has never crossed the line to try and hurt anyone's character, or well at least mine. The player has always taken the advice of other rpers, and has respected others wishes when it comes to RP and not trying to step on storylines.

So really what's this all about?
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

If you have problems in Rimor, take a break and check out the Omni-Pol org in Atlantean, they are awesome roleplayers, and this is coming from a clanner =D
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

TL: DR

Roleplaying is acting.

Actors who have played Hitler over the years are not Hitler.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister