After another week of polishing and tweaking the horribly mis-named "Halloween Update" will be coming to the live servers this Tuesday and all Halloween content will be available for at least three weeks. As some of you are aware this significant update (in addition to this year's Halloween phats) will also see the introduction of the long awaited Sector 7 151-200 Alien Team instance and the introduction on an entirely new AXP daily mission system with many new places and experiences to enjoy. A great deal of work went into the creation of Sector 7 and the AXP dailies and I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their help on TestLive to make the release versions of these missions and new playfields as smooth and balanced as possible. We have received a great deal of positive feedback after the release of the initial daily missions and hope that the AXP missions will be just as positive an addition to the game. Accessibility of Alien content at low levels has long been a weakness of ours and I'm really happy to see it progress.
Some of the other changes in this update:
- Martial Arts special attacks will no longer put the MA in nano-recharge after use.
- After a great deal of constructive feedback HHAB will once again be wearable at TL6 but without the full NR modifier.
- The "Rats!" daily mission finally has the highly requested counter to let you know how many more vermin to kill.
- The time limits on Adonis Yuttos quest line (ado brain) are removed for all kill and return type missions.
- Grid exit in ICC has been moved closer to the Grid terminal
- Application Form in the Extraction Daily Mission, can no longer be used by accident.
- Tibor 'Rocketman' Nagy added to BS signup hub and removed from Andromeda
- Fixed Three Craters Map
- Sign posts added to Unicorn Outpost "Neretva C" and "Arid Rift"
- The following daily missions all including kill objectives have been moved from the normal mission handler to the elite handler (different blocker)
* The Subway
* Temple of Three Winds
* Biomare (Foreman's)
* Crypt of Home
* Mantis Hive
* Smuggler's Den
* Deeps of the Mantis Hive
- The following playfields have been exported without floating objects (like trees and rocks and buildings)
* Wailing Wastes
* Milky Way
* Coast of Peace
Have a great weekend everyone!