Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 22nd, 2010 - Update incoming

Awesome, HHAB is back down to TL6 so I can finally do a beast raid

Good work guys. I have been wait a long time for AXP dailies. Just one more thing to make the game better.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    After another week of polishing and tweaking the horribly mis-named "Halloween Update" will be coming to the live servers this Tuesday and all Halloween content will be available for at least three weeks. As some of you are aware this significant update (in addition to this year's Halloween phats)...
    *snip*
    So the official word is that the "Halloween Patch" hits live on Tuesday, October 26, 2010, but we do not have any teaser images or text descriptions about some/all of the items that will be available?

I'm happy that Means stated that the Halloween phatz will be available for at least 3 weeks though. Thank you very much for that information.

In the future, can we aim for holiday items to be available for 2 weeks before & after the actual day? For example, Christmas 2010 should be available from some time during the week ending December 11, 2010 through to some time during the week ending January 8, 2011 & Halloween 2011 should hit live on October 15, 2011 through November 15, 2011. With Funcom already hyping up AO's 10th anniversary during the 9th anniversary, it would be insane for those festivities to not be available for at least 2-3 weeks before the anniversary date (June 27) & last 1-2 weeks after.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 19:12:45.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

The following daily missions all including kill objectives have been moved from the normal mission handler to the elite handler (different blocker)

* The Subway
    * Temple of Three Winds
    * Biomare (Foreman's)
    * Crypt of Home
    * Mantis Hive
    * Smuggler's Den
    * Deeps of the Mantis Hive
    As asked once already, this means we won't pull any of these from the normal daily mish folks, yes? If so, thank you so very much. I think it is an awesome work around for a problem that seemed like it would require a much more intricate solution.

Thanks as well for the Aliums stuff. I look forward to taking advantage of the dailies and having somewhere to go at TL5 - I can't state how utterly grateful I am for these additions to the game. Thanks!

It would be nice to have some shiny Halloween previews on the front page though!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

yes it means this Phuriae.

And in addition to this, you are able to do 2 dailys per day now in the lower levels too, the one from the list and a normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    yes it means this Phuriae.

And in addition to this, you are able to do 2 dailys per day now in the lower levels too, the one from the list and a normal one.
    Which still leaves a void where you can only get one daily.

While I don't know the level ranges for all of those, obviously you can't get Biomare after 100 or COH after 110. The other "Elite" missions don't become available until you are level 200.

I, for one, would like to see a little love for the very ugly TL5 grind.

Awesome changes and fixes in this one, looking forward to try the alien daily missions

Does this mean that regular daily missions exclude those listed and < lvl 200 people can now talk to elite handler for a 2nd more difficult mission like right now is possible for lvl 200+ characters for prisoners and other mission types?

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Well, you'll never catch me doing a Den/Hive mission on purpose - 2 missions a day or not. Those suck; glad to hear they are separate if not gone.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

TL6 HHAB!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey...

(And with no overpowered NR modifier yey :])
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
    Which still leaves a void where you can only get one daily.

While I don't know the level ranges for all of those, obviously you can't get Biomare after 100 or COH after 110. The other "Elite" missions don't become available until you are level 200.

I, for one, would like to see a little love for the very ugly TL5 grind.
    Den/Hive mishes are the TL5 ones, though they suck majorly. But if you're want to solo TL5, or just can't find a team, the upgraded SL quest lines as well as the Dark Ruins solo instance are both awesome sources of XP now, and even provide some awesome rewards (ado brain for one). Even at TL5, going back and doing Scheol and (maybe) Ely aren't too bad to get through the TL5 grind.
    -Buddha

Why are Den/Hive missions so bad? I never had issues with them. I'm sure there's some professions who have a harder time of it then others but the same can be said about everything.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Why are Den/Hive missions so bad? I never had issues with them. I'm sure there's some professions who have a harder time of it then others but the same can be said about everything.
    Way too far away, kill mob order sucks, mission is often pulled by chars too low to handle them, inside is a giant agg-fest (add to this higher toons running back from deep mishes, training the low toons on the way out), the mish gets pulled repeatedly - much more often than it should (daily for my tl4's almost), mission takes far too long. Overall, the time/effort vs. reward is completely unbalanced.

And anything else here.
    -Buddha

- Sign posts added to Unicorn Outpost "Neretva C" and "Arid Rift"
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

I liked those floaty signs!
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Way too far away
    Warp to SoM and fly or befriend a fixer (or, like me, have a fixer from your froob days who has team fgrid you can dual log with ^^).

kill mob order sucks, mission is often pulled by chars too low to handle them, inside is a giant agg-fest (add to this higher toons running back from deep mishes, training the low toons on the way out), the mish gets pulled repeatedly - much more often than it should (daily for my tl4's almost), mission takes far too long. Overall, the time/effort vs. reward is completely unbalanced.
    I agree with that, in relation to nearly any of those kill xx of yy mob missions. Personally I don't mind spending the extra time doing them, it's not like I have a schedule of things I'm going to do while playing AO.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Den/Hive mishes are the TL5 ones, though they suck majorly. But if you're want to solo TL5, or just can't find a team, the upgraded SL quest lines as well as the Dark Ruins solo instance are both awesome sources of XP now, and even provide some awesome rewards (ado brain for one). Even at TL5, going back and doing Scheol and (maybe) Ely aren't too bad to get through the TL5 grind.
    Perhaps I was extremely fortunate on my TL5 character and extremely unlucky on my TL4's; but my TL5 has never pulled Den / Hive missions and my TL4's get them regularly.

Edit: SL quests are amazing for the TL5 Grind; but there are days when an extra daily would be awesome.
    Last edited by Waylayer; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 20:56:36.

Way too far away, kill mob order sucks, mission is often pulled by chars too low to handle them, inside is a giant agg-fest (add to this higher toons running back from deep mishes, training the low toons on the way out), the mish gets pulled repeatedly - much more often than it should (daily for my tl4's almost), mission takes far too long. Overall, the time/effort vs. reward is completely unbalanced.
    I would have agreed upon this a few weeks ago. I was constantly pulling them, and constantly deleting them. Until i found out: If you are down there near Smugglers Cave, you can bring along those "Boxes with Stims" from the chests near the entrance. If you are lucky you possibly pull "Illegal Cargo" mission and voila! Mission solved without leaving the building.

Additionally, the Missions are great in terms of research: They give almost a full Research cap (at LE 4 you need 235k, at LE 5 you would need 637.5k and at LE 6 you need 1.6M xp). So basically, if you are doing a s10 toon, its easier to get a good chunk of LE xp.

learn to <3 them

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Last?
    Miqhual MA
    Sickmiq DOC
    Vaktmestern ENG

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    (different blockers) seems to mean that
    Thanks, Grid ...um, what are blockers? You (and Means) surely refer to something other than nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    Thanks, Grid ...um, what are blockers? You (and Means) surely refer to something other than nanos.
    They mean timer that prevents you from geting new mission.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    /me looks around for killroy... hmmm I guess this is one place he missed..

LOL, Cheers!
    You mean this guy?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast