Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Traders Now...

Nerf Traders Now...

This has gone on long enough, am I right ppl? It's almost laughable what traders are able to get away with in pvp...They have long been known as the OP profession up to TL5, and even beyond in most cases, however at TL5 it's out of control. I think that 95% of the people who play this game would agree with what I'm saying. In fact, I believe that 95% of the people who have a TL5 trader for pvp would even agree with all of this. I wish I were able to start a poll to get others opinions but I'll deal with comments here. I'm sure this isn't the first thread to be started about this and I'm certain it won't be the last! FC: you and your crew have been aware of this problem for long enough its about time to see some change. 1 suggestion I have, and I need to give this some more thought: Level lock some of the drain nano's. Do something FFS...
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

um, profession rebalancing in the pipeline...although it will be a while im sure they will use the opportunity to deal with the OP'ness at the same time.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Yeah I realize rebalancing is in the works. We can only hope they address this issue when traders are up. I haven't heard anything yet about what will happen to them. It would be a HUGE shame if they do nothing.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

I have made a few posts on this and I completely agree, I wont do the numbers games as most of the people who post on these play traders, and like crats with stuns, don't want they're prof nerfed to something other than 3 button combo winning.

Bump hardcore for level locking drains (any nanite drain should be 175+)

Quote Originally Posted by Captian View Post
    Bump hardcore for level locking drains (any nanite drain should be 175+)
    Which completely eliminates the usefulness of a 150 trader twink. My 150 trader can almost self nanites, and he's not even done yet.

Your 150 can almost self them.. I hope you mean undrained cause my 103 Trader can drain into nanites already.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Oh dear, you guys are in for a shock, I'm currently following a project on a lvl 60 that can drain up (or what ever the term is) to using nanite drains.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigward View Post
    Oh dear, you guys are in for a shock, I'm currently following a project on a lvl 60 that can drain up (or what ever the term is) to using nanite drains.
    Nerf, I can cast max. only ql 172 drains or so on level 15
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I'd much rather see a nerf to TL7 ranged advies and 1hb/1he enf's before trader to be honest. When I see one I know I have absolutely zero chance to survive unless I run for my life. Sometimes even that's not enough.

gth/br nerf was good for a tl7 pov, not that it really affected me, but the nerf made less traders play which = more fun for me.
    Last edited by quitter187; Oct 28th, 2010 at 10:43:10.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

lol tl5 traders are nowhere close to tl5 agents....
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Says the tl5 trader.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

TBH i thought that traders are overpowered so ive rolled one up to 150. From my experience i live around 5 seconds once a decent MA attacks me. I cant stop them once they use nr buffing attack. Same goes with enforcers but they have their nr up all the time. Solds are also dangerous no matter of their whine campaign. With possibility to have around 1,8 -1,9 k ar at lvl 150 i wouldnt like to face the without Wit that is told to get nerfed soon. They still perk me with one drain running. Good doc i wont drain with higher nr check drain and even if i do they have removers. Once ubt hits me its pretty much game over. Ive also tried to kill a 150 keeper with HD setup and ive managed to root/drain/debuff him. Unfortunately after shooting him for 2 minutes I got ganked. Fixers have some drain removers or whatever … About facing 170 agents I wont even mention and 150s are fair and equal fights, especially that even double drained they still cap dmg every 11s.

Traders are indeed annoying in mass pvp and very good at pp but they are far far away from being unkilable. Remmove AS from their toolset and they wont be able to kill anything but the worst gimps without evades. Remove or nerf drains and they will be just p.o.s. Nerfing drains idea coming from guy playing an enforcer is just silly, always up for some easy kills and ready to ask for nerfing one thing that may stop you, eh?

The only thing that may be needed are shorter drain durations. With around 30-40s duration traders wold be to busy keeping their targets drained to heal.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Oct 28th, 2010 at 12:49:03.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Nerf, I can cast max. only ql 172 drains or so on level 15
    id like to see your setup which allows you to ladder to that self, lol

anyways

trader fights are fair if its twink vs twink.

the main thing is, you have to kill the trader quick or its game over. at the start its in your favour, if you mess up then it changes more heavily into theirs.

Have to remember most people in the rebalance only post to whine so you need to take these posts with a pinch of salt
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Thanks to wolve we now all know traders aren't OP t1-5. We just need to twink better.
    Last edited by quitter187; Oct 28th, 2010 at 14:06:45.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    TBH i thought that traders are overpowered so ive rolled one up to 150. From my experience i live around 5 seconds once a decent MA attacks me. I cant stop them once they use nr buffing attack. Same goes with enforcers but they have their nr up all the time. Solds are also dangerous no matter of their whine campaign. With possibility to have around 1,8 -1,9 k ar at lvl 150 i wouldnt like to face the without Wit that is told to get nerfed soon. They still perk me with one drain running. Good doc i wont drain with higher nr check drain and even if i do they have removers. Once ubt hits me its pretty much game over. Ive also tried to kill a 150 keeper with HD setup and ive managed to root/drain/debuff him. Unfortunately after shooting him for 2 minutes I got ganked. Fixers have some drain removers or whatever … About facing 170 agents I wont even mention and 150s are fair and equal fights, especially that even double drained they still cap dmg every 11s.

Traders are indeed annoying in mass pvp and very good at pp but they are far far away from being unkilable. Remmove AS from their toolset and they wont be able to kill anything but the worst gimps without evades. Remove or nerf drains and they will be just p.o.s. Nerfing drains idea coming from guy playing an enforcer is just silly, always up for some easy kills and ready to ask for nerfing one thing that may stop you, eh?

The only thing that may be needed are shorter drain durations. With around 30-40s duration traders wold be to busy keeping their targets drained to heal.
    If you can jump on trader from sneak or from behind corner you can kill him very easy, but if he will survive and he lands both drains then it is game over: -500 all skills and more with drain proc is completely silly at tl3-5, not mention special -aao debuffs from drains as well.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

^^ Which is why no one should try to be Rambo in AO PVP, even traders.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    Thanks to wolve we now all know traders aren't OP t1-5. We just need to twink better.
    the main subject of the thread is tl5

at tl5 they give as good as they get
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Saying tl5 traders are OP is just retarded now with the new 200 NR ring any good tl5 pvper will be able to alpha a trader before they land second drain 70-80% of the time, Yes traders have drains and ok heals but look at advs... coon, dof, second best heals and great dd, traders are poor in PVM and also now with the 200 NR ring tl5 advs, enfs and docs are going to be virtually undrainable pretty much a waist of time rolling a trader.

Its not like any proff cant beat a trader....
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Saying tl5 traders are OP is just retarded now with the new 200 NR ring any good tl5 pvper will be able to alpha a trader before they land second drain 70-80% of the time, Yes traders have drains and ok heals but look at advs... coon, dof, second best heals and great dd, traders are poor in PVM and also now with the 200 NR ring tl5 advs, enfs and docs are going to be virtually undrainable pretty much a waist of time rolling a trader.

Its not like any proff cant beat a trader....
    How much nanoskills can a trader get at tl5 ?
    And how much nr does tl5 twinks run around with?
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast