Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Traders Now...

I don't see such overpower of tl5 traders honestly.

A decent NT ubergank a trader. Enfos gl landing drains on em, and considering enfos alpha.. good night trader. Decent MA same.

Stop using medsuit guys and try to twink a bit, before talking about OP.
    Last edited by Drakeep; Oct 30th, 2010 at 21:43:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    I don't see such overpower of tl5 traders honestly.

A decent NT ubergank a trader. Enfos gl landing drains on em, and considering enfos alpha.. good night trader. Decent MA same.

Stop using medsuit guys and try to twink a bit, before talking about OP.
    Amen
    Not to mention if u dont max ur nano resist or get the jump we are supposed to be able to drain the sh*t out of you to make u useless... in my exp thats not allways enough either.
    If ur a normal player (char)meeting a twink gtfo your not supposed to be able to harm that player.
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

You mean like say....about 2bil of equipment? Because I can't touch traders.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong...imo ofc.

edit: Actually, is this even a matter of opinion anymore?
    Also, bare in mind that this thread is focused on TL5 Traders and below.
    Yeah, it ain't matter of opininon, it's the matter of level range and what will devs do. Listening to players only makes stuff even more imbalanced in a matter like this. Pre-TL6 needs a nerf, I agree with that. Laddering or without, lowbie trader drains just hurt too much everyone. As for trader's dmg pre-TL7 it's something anyone can do with boosted AR but mostly without proper perks.
    And as of TL7 pvp... It's too much of drain or die scenario. So it needs a fix instead of a nerf. GTH, well, it's nothing but huge annoyance against most of the food chain.
    Also, bear in mind that this thread clearly says nerf traders. Yeah. I know. No problem.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Bump, once the trader lands both drains on an enfo (1-2min time) the enfo is toast.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    You mean like say....about 2bil of equipment? Because I can't touch traders.
    ur gonna hafto expect to use atleast 1b for all ur stuff if u wanna twink properly. going into a project expecting to do it for 200m wont work coz that barly covers 2 parts of AI.
    But the price of twinking highly depends on how good of a twink u wanna be and what proff u choose.
    Growing symbz doesent make u a twink..
    Last edited by Pusipose; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 09:29:04. Reason: misspell
    Kakadoodoo 220 Opifex MMA (Main)
    Pusipose 220 Opifex Trader (Retired)
    Robosack 216 Opifex Engineer (Retired)
    Chinpokomon2 164 Opifex Trader (Retired Twink)
    Lolnoimamp 150 NM NT (Work in Progress)

Right, so 2bil would be enough?

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Okay, I got this idea while watching MacGyver so credits to the dude.
    In PvP trader should be able to use only one offensive nano on target at time, let it be AC/AAO/drain/GTH etc. Better already running when trying to cast any trader nano, even the same one until the duration ends. This way opponents wouldn't be so much nerfed in seconds, trader could still have their unique tool set and use it on multiple opponents.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranide View Post
    Okay, I got this idea while watching MacGyver so credits to the dude.
    In PvP trader should be able to use only one offensive nano on target at time
    Bump for combined drains.
    Someone already suggested them, will see if i can find the thread.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...89&postcount=1
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

They have one flaw...they should be AOE.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    They have one flaw...they should be AOE.
    details, that can be patched fast.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

I hope level locking in the rebalancing u guys talking about only limited to pvp, and doesnt lock drain for PvM. Without decent drains it is gonna be very hard to play a trader @ low level. Besides I wanted to keep my TL3 nanites trader for 131.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

OFC, noone cares how OP stuff is in pvm. Not like pvmers would stand for a challenge anyways.

your an idiot

Trader should not exist in it's current form. There should be no profession that can completely disable another profession for the amount of time that trader does.
    It was a bad idea from the start.

Wink

A guide to raise NR viable even for broken players

1) Mystical Force Tight Shirt
    Farmable in inf statics often drops from chests in ergo cave.
    Costs 0!

2) Dalja's Light Combat Skirt or omni alternative
    100% drop from Dalja, you just need to farm dalja patterns from temples in Penumbra.

3) Fractured Nightmare

4) Collar Casero de la Cripta
    Always a good alternative to token boards.

5) Pointed Hood of Eric Miller or omni alternative

6) Thin Shoulder Pad of Urga Van or omni alternative

7) Use Exterminator/Control/Support head symbiants, and remeber that just crat/NT/Keeper syndicate brain have 100 nr buff

If you just twink nr you'll get a great chance vs traders, since if drains dosen't lands, traders have no Dof/Limber/Coccoon neither viable/powerfull alphas.
    Last edited by Drakeep; Nov 6th, 2010 at 19:21:34.

You should probably mention that if you use these items you have to sacrifice alot of stuff which you just can't sacrifice.

Costs 0!
    For that 40 ish nr buff (at best) personally I have to sacrifice 940 hp, 1k ac's, 30 sta which means no 2s HD, and 22,5 AAO.

100% drop from Dalja, you just need to farm dalja patterns from temples in Penumbra.
    As soldier that's -75 AR gone right there as well as 500 ac's and 50 ranged init.

These are decent but as usual the sacrifice is too big for a class that needs every single point of attack rating to hit even semi evaders.

Is this a joke?

1k hp and nano, 220 runspeed, aad, aao for 30 nr?

Losing 37 aao, 120 ranged init, 550 hp, 820 acs for 30 nr? Oh and -25 STA also which means we're at 4 sec HD instead of 2 now.

280 hp, 100 ranged init, 65 attack rating as well as a further loss of stamina=even slower hd tick. For 50 nr? Not a chance.

7) Use Exterminator/Control/Support head symbiants, and remeber that just crat/NT/Keeper syndicate brain have 100 nr buff
    You are aware that many classes don't have access to those, right?

If you just twink nr you'll get a great chance vs traders, since if drains dosen't lands, traders have no Dof/Limber/Coccoon neither viable/powerfull alphas.
    Actually for many classes with low NR (agent and soldier especially) doing what you suggested here means that they have to sacrifice a boatload of stuff that will make them more or less useless against both traders and others due to too low attack rating/heals and whatnot.

But let's say I'd do everything you asked for my soldier. That would put me at an amazing 784+270=1054 NR.

Do you really think that's going to make a difference? Ofcourse it won't. I know it doesn't. I used to be NR1 and land rate is so close to 100% on trader nanos it's a joke.

Nr is a joke in general and traders as well. At all levels. Going from 2k AR to 900 inside a few seconds EVERY time is a joke.

A bad joke. And so are is your little guide because the stuff you suggested is useless at best but in reality counterproductive since it won't make stuff land less for most, but it will nerf the toons a ton in other aspects.

In case anyone wondered this is a debump.

Ps. How does 175 silverback at a level 95 trader sound?
    Or 3390 static def @ 220?

Both are fresh figures from in org traders today. How the fuk are other classes going to stand a chance against that stupid ****?
    Last edited by Noobius76; Nov 7th, 2010 at 10:47:42.

Costs 0!

3) Fractured Nightmare

Hey man, heads up....I have those items. I also have NR1 perked.

Now traders won't land drains right? RIGHT?

Oh wait. Go away and stop posting random items you found in auno to justify the 3rd most OPd tl5 profession in general and the most OPed in terms of the opponent giving up and sitting down.

your an idiot

If u get a decent NR traders wont lands drains, i play different professions, and i found the way to handle traders decently even with a soldier.

This thread is totaly failed, traders if can't land drains are piece of cake, ofc i had to sacrifice some AR for raising NR.

And your list of so called "OP" professions, that i rather call best Pvp prof, is failed aswell.

1) Agents (over 170ish else they are 6th)
    2) Enforcers
    3) Adventurers
    4) Nts
    5) Traders

Add to this that of the above list Enforcers and Aventurers are also in the top PvM profession list.

Look around at see how many traders are in bs starting from TL5 bs, very few, instead there's alot of Agents/Enforcers/Adventurer/Nts, this shows how this thread is simple a whiners meeting!

Point stands, max NR setup+NR1 and trader drains land first time everytime. Fix please.
    Make draining targets require skill.

your an idiot

Newsflash! I countered a TL 5 nanite drain ( only one then I got double aimed shotted ;[ ) on my tl 5 shade! WOOO! Only had 1k NR
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast